Morrissey Central "Tours" (March 26, 2023)

unnamed-2.jpg

Morrissey's recent tour has been a great success, with London, Strasbourg, Antwerp and Brussels as major stand-outs. Live dates have been offered in Italy and Spain, but all of these offers are large park settings when the general preference is music halls, theaters or stand-up venues - none of which can be found in either Italy or Spain. Leeds Millenium Square (July 12) and Liverpool Empire (July 18) are Morrissey's upcoming dates, preceded by Tel-Aviv and Haifa in Israel.
No possibility has arisen to release Morrissey's new music, and the 2021 album Bonfire Of Teenagers remains in the grasp of Capitol Records in Los Angeles, who have no plans to release it.

Photo by Marianne.

i find it ridiculous that a company would have a product that they could make money from is deliberately being withheld,surely the shareholders in the company wouldnt be happy hearing this,it really makes no sense,bogus music moguls,yer damn right.

I find it hard to believe that there are no music halls, theaters or stand-up venues in Italy or Spain Morrissey could go to
They probably mean that the offers for summer concerts are mainly for big outdoor concerts in parks, which I think is true in the case of Spain. If he would be willing to come back in fall or winter, he would find nice high-end theaters or opera houses.

It's one thing if Capitol won't budge as regards Bonfire.

But if no label is forthcoming for Without Music, then Morrissey should release it himself.

He either wants people to be able to listen to it, or he doesn't.

Over to you, Moz...

I find it hard to believe that there are no music halls, theaters or stand-up venues in Italy or Spain Morrissey could go to
spain and italy are backwaters with no music halls theaters or stand up venues, because morrisey said so. never mind google. morrisey has spoken. also, all those cancelled dates in usa can't be rescheduled because no music halls theaters or stand up venues exist in the us anymore either.

So is Miley on Veronica or not?

Who is going to leak the album and how pissed off would Capitol be?

Moz I love you man I’ll keep going to the tours but we need the music bro

Yet he still cannot bring himself to self release it. He'd rather it sits unheard where he's so determined to be seen in a major label. Frustrating beyond belief.

Yeah definitely. A week later it’s all I can talk about and must be boring everybody around me.
same - even my non-moz fan friend who i went with called today to admire that we were at the show a week ago - that show was incredible. :bow:

I only hope and pray that Mozz IS in
Liverpool on the very Sam night 😬
Thinking about it some more
Regarding the Leeds show , Ive actually never seen a Morrissey show outdoors before ,
I’d written off a Leeds trip as went the last time to the arena show / was at the pop up shop, but maybe the somewhat rarity of him playing outdoors in U.K. may make me reconsider

Morrissey at the Liverpool Empire, does have a ring about it though

Having been to previous tours in both countries, obviously the venues are there. Presumably the issue though is that a promoter needs to step up, make an offer and put some money upfront to book venues, do publicity etc and hope to make a profit on the back end, and no one's willing to do it. Which seems a shame - surely there's money to be made - even if it's smaller venues?

I can’t keep up, but the Crystal Palace gig that was announced isn’t actually happening? But a Liverpool gig, that has never been mentioned before, is still going ahead?

To counter... the possibility has arisen for Morrissey to release new music... it's called self-releasing.

Last edited:
same - even my non-moz fan friend who i went with called today to admire that we were at the show a week ago - that show was incredible. :bow:
So good I’d happily pay loads to do it again in London soon.
Great atmosphere too. I went alone as I’d booked tickets for my girlfriend and I but she couldn’t go due to work.
Still I didn’t feel alone, seemed like a great bunch of people.

I can’t keep up, but the Crystal Palace gig that was announced isn’t actually happening? But a Liverpool gig, that has never been mentioned before, is still going ahead?
Maybe. But best to take everything with a pinch of salt until tickets actually go on sale.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom