Torquil Campbell of Canadian indie band Stars on listening to Morrissey / Smiths

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by davidt, Sep 28, 2019.

By davidt on Sep 28, 2019 at 7:47 AM
  1. davidt

davidt Administrator Staff Member Moderator Subscriber

Link from Paul:

‘We all know our lives have been f**ked by the internet’ - The Irish Times
    Torquil Campbell, the frontman of Canadian indie posters Stars, on free speech, The Smiths and the impact of music

Excerpt:

...His early heroes were obviously The Smiths, patron saints of glum adolescents from Saskatchewan to Salford. He continues to listen to their records, though with understandable ambivalence given Morrissey’s alleged right-wing views.

“It’s just so depressing,” says Campbell. “I feel bad for Johnny Marr. I feel bad for me – they’re my favourite band of all time. I feel bad for all the people who love The Smiths. I can still listen to Morrissey. I can still on a certain level love it. I don’t think the Smiths will ever stop being my favourite band. But it sure is sad to see someone who came so close to understanding things pull away and insulate himself against love, life and people.

“He strikes me as a very sad person now – but not in the way of being sad with us. He’s sad alone. He’s sitting in some house in Los Angeles, watching Fox News, thinking he’s being clever because he disagrees with Billy Bragg. It’s not clever, man.”

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 28, 2019

Comments

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by davidt, Sep 28, 2019.

1. Pokey
      Pokey
      They’ll put any old person on the front page of this website so long as they’re talking trash about Morrissey. Who the hell cares what random person X thinks?
      • Like Like x 2
      • Dislike Dislike x 2
      • Insightful Insightful x 1
    2. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      ...someone sitting in their mom’s basement, picking fake-bacon and Beyond meat out of their 3 remaining teeth, while listening to a 180G copy of California Son on a Morrissey branded Crosley turntable.
      • Informative Informative x 1
    3. vegan cro spirit 444
      vegan cro spirit 444
      Looks like a drunk greg kinnear.:mask:

Incel = skinny/surface/left nut/suck.com/etc etc. cucks living in mummys basement with pizza pops.:blush:
      • Dislike Dislike x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Troll Troll x 1
    4. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Incel is involuntary celibate.
    5. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      It's quite condescending assuming he knows how Morrissey spends his time, what he thinks and where he lives. He also presumes to know how I feel as a Smiths fan and how ALL Smiths fans feel. Torquil is not clever man.
      • Dislike Dislike x 1
      • Insightful Insightful x 1
    6. Stephen Hofmann
      Stephen Hofmann
      I've heard some of their music, I liked it. I'm not questioning the music he makes.......just the moronic shit that sprouts from his libtard mouth.
      • Dislike Dislike x 1
      • Redundant Redundant x 1
    7. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Did it require clarification?
    8. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      You’ve got lip son - but you’ve got ZERO game. ...ya half-backpedaling twit. Everything the man said was spot on. I’ve not read a single post of yours that’s transcended the quality of thrice-used tea-bags.

Stay in your league, bitch.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    9. ThePoliticalRevolution
      ThePoliticalRevolution
      This man has no business feeling sorry for me. Lol
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Redundant Redundant x 1
      • Troll Troll x 1
    10. Stephen Hofmann
      Stephen Hofmann
      Are you stalking me?
      • Like Like x 1
    11. marred
      marred
      I remember when people got upset about things that were actually real. How things have changed.
      • Like Like x 2
      • Dislike Dislike x 1
    12. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Don’t flatter yourself, Sunshine. You don’t rate a stocking, let alone a stalking. ;)
      • Troll Troll x 1
    13. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Historically speaking, fake-ass clown’s like Melvis have had a big hand in that process if change.
    14. Morrissey's left nut
      Morrissey's left nut
      Shut your mouth unless you want me to fill it. I fuck like a beast.
    15. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Maybe he's read a couple of Morrissey interviews.
    16. AztecCamera
      AztecCamera
      Reckon shut the fuck up cunt thick wacker tit foreigner and just keep ordering gear from the mporium uk because The California Son needs a new sun deck facing away from John Lydon's house inn nn nnn nnnn nnnn it. Go home!!
      • Funny Funny x 2
    17. FantiQ
      FantiQ
      I miss the days when you coul be a bleeding heart liberal yet still sing a long to a line like “by rights you should be bludgeoned in your sleep”. Oh wait, those days have finally come to their true fruition.
    18. Hovis Lesley
      Hovis Lesley
      They’ve got a Morrissey branded Crosley turntable? Jammy sods.
      • Funny Funny x 1
    19. The Truth
      The Truth
      When you read yourself your brain must melt then. :laughing:
    20. The Truth