Toronto, ON - Sony Centre For The Performing Arts (Apr. 26, 2019) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / I Wish You Lonely / Hairdresser On Fire / How Soon Is Now? / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Back On The Chain Gang / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Wedding Bell Blues / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore / The Bullfighter Dies / Life Is A Pigsty / Jack The Ripper / Hold On To Your Friends / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Spent The Day In Bed / You Have Killed Me / What She Said // First Of The Gang To Die

Setlist provided by sdsuedehead

• Photos posted by @the_edge / Twitter (4 total). Link posted by Famous when dead

full
  • Morrissey still outspoken, but much more open as he ends Canadian boycott by Nick Krewen (4 stars, 1 photo) - The Star. Link posted by Famous when dead
  • Photos: Morrissey @ Sony Centre by David McDonald (15 total) - Aesthetic Magazine. Link posted by JoeSellMozza.

full

Last edited:
"My sleep is none of your business..."
People complain when barrels are scraped during information droughts - guess it makes sense that they do the same when the opposite is true.
Feel free to add relevant content yourself - it's highly encouraged :)
FWD.

You're doing a great job FWD! Your informative posts keep this site on course. Probably somewhere between the Love Boat and the Titanic. ;) It is a Morrissey fan site after all.

And remember...you must be doing something worth while and of value if someone is willing to take the time and effort to piss and moan about it. :)

Last edited:
I do hate to say this, and rarely do I criticize, but the set list is problematic. All that time off...all those deep cuts...smh...

This Setlist is so redundant that I’d literally not care to miss his concert if he played in my town.
It’s strange to have come to this mindset after being a huge fan since 1988.
He truly needs to switch things up. I’m talking dress better, less Kermit sounds, and for the love of God play some songs that people really want to hear.
He’s actually made me dislike EDILS, FOTGTD, YHKM, HOF, HSIN, JTR, LIAP..
and don’t get me started on ITMAAP or MAD, never liked those anyway
This isn’t from being “ungrateful” or a “hater” etc
I’m as big a fan as the next one.

This Setlist is so redundant that I’d literally not care to miss his concert if he played in my town.
He truly needs to switch things up. I’m talking dress better, less Kermit sounds, and for the love of God play some songs that people really want to hear.
Thank you, my sentiments exactly

Again, when’s the last time he played Canada? the classics are new for them, and the reason why some of the first posts of videos were How soon and Suedehead and Every Day is like, is because those fans recognized the songs and excitedly took their phones out to capture it for themselves, for them it is new, and it’s what they want to hear. Otherwise if Morrissey played a bunch of new songs off the yet to be released album I’m sure we would be getting a lot of complaints from people who we’re actually at the show hoping to hear some of those ‘redundant’ classics.

Believe me, I like you also wanted to hear some new songs, but it’s not about us, it’s about the fans in Canada who haven’t seen him in years.

I have, and for many of these reasons, but the reason for much of this lies within him from the very beginning:

1. His concerts only last just over an hour to an hour and a half. Unless, they speed up the songs or incorporate the "medley" approach there are only so many songs that can be squeezed into the set list.

2. He is single-minded in terms of choosing only songs that he wants to sing when creating the set list. He has stated as much.

That said, we can complain about Morrissey being to truculent, or waive our fists in the air about the sky being blue and wait and see which changes first. Either way, I wouldn't suggest holding one's breath.

First show in years and all I hear is whining (boring set list, band butchering the songs, Morrissey ill sense of style). Why do people always feel the need to complain? The show was great, lots of happy fans expressing ❤️ on social media. Sit back and enjoy ffs.

Idk KS, I here you loud and clear ,and your point is heard......But they dont live in a shell they get the same info as everybody else. They hear the same new stuff as we do. KS I truly hope you are right because I will not be as excited if nothing changes in USA ,especially after $500.

Idk KS, I here you loud and clear ,and your point is heard......But they dont live in a shell they get the same info as everybody else. They hear the same new stuff as we do. KS I truly hope you are right because I will not be as excited if nothing changes in USA ,especially after $500.

Trust me, I’m sure a lot of those people don’t even know a new album is on the way or even visit this site, probably an older audience filled with people who grew up listening to ‘alternative music’.. the Cure and some Morrissey too. If you watched the clips, people were loving it when he and the band broke in with Suedehead.

But I agree, save your complaints for the US shows, it seems the set won’t change much.. hoping since his band was in Canada for a while, that Boz had the band learn a bunch of new songs for the US shows, glass half full, I know.

I'm still excited about the tour, but very disappointed with just 1 new song, and I'm aware he probably cant until CS release date, but come on since last tour we have ,what 7 new songs(3 from deluxe,1 btrack, and 3 from CS) he could of played and only WBB made the list...And he is wearing HSIN f....... out, give it a rest will ya. It almost looks like poor ole Canada is getting last years tour or songs. On a positive note I can't wait for someone to post Wedding Bell Blues. Im still hopeful set will more progressive as it moves forward concerning new songs. Please Morrissey listen up, your library is freaking huge, we want different songs...its killing me
Morrissey serving leftovers? Say it isn't so!

"My sleep is none of your business..."
People complain when barrels are scraped during information droughts - guess it makes sense that they do the same when the opposite is true.
Feel free to add relevant content yourself - it's highly encouraged :)
FWD.

Love you FWD! You're the only reason I come here!!

Btw... you don’t live in a shell either, so no matter how much you spent on tickets,etc .. you know very well the artist that Morrissey is.

‘ love me or leave me and let me be lonely
You won't believe me but I love you only
I'd rather be lonley than happy with somebody else‘

:)

Good God, though, Rifke, you would think after this length of time in the biz he would be able to improvise a little. One handed gestures. A little shimmying and twerking, mayhap. I saw Big Country in the 80s and Stuart Adamson had cracked a rib. The roadies just ran on and strapped him up and he carried on. I often think of that when I hear of Morrissey's latest no-show drama.
I’ve lost count of the times I’ve been told about how Dave Grohl and his broken leg took to the stage ..... I was very pleased to find an article saying how he had cancelled dates in Canada last September due to a sore throat, so even DG is not invincible

Morrissey called himself both cosmopolitan and Christian and then proceeded to give a hesitant shout out to FAITH GOLDY. He simply claimed to simply have heard of her but the dogwhistle was deafening. Dedicated Pigsty to an Asian woman killed by a Syrian refugee on the west coast. The show ended with t-shirt scraps being fought over to a looped into to Israel.

Faith Goldy? Did this really happen? No one else mentions this here. Fake news?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom