Toronto, ON - Sony Centre For The Performing Arts (Apr. 26, 2019) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / I Wish You Lonely / Hairdresser On Fire / How Soon Is Now? / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Back On The Chain Gang / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Wedding Bell Blues / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore / The Bullfighter Dies / Life Is A Pigsty / Jack The Ripper / Hold On To Your Friends / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Spent The Day In Bed / You Have Killed Me / What She Said // First Of The Gang To Die

Setlist provided by sdsuedehead

• Photos posted by @the_edge / Twitter (4 total). Link posted by Famous when dead

full
  • Morrissey still outspoken, but much more open as he ends Canadian boycott by Nick Krewen (4 stars, 1 photo) - The Star. Link posted by Famous when dead
  • Photos: Morrissey @ Sony Centre by David McDonald (15 total) - Aesthetic Magazine. Link posted by JoeSellMozza.

full

Last edited:
I'd never heard of Faith Goldy until reading about her today on this site.

So I had a brief check around and my first impressions are this. She likes discussing many of the 'forbidden' subjects out there concerning the way things are going in the West socially and politically, which is good as these are important subjects that mainstream politicians ignore... but.

And this 'but' happens often when I'm looking into these kind of people. She's Jewish. She looks it, sounds it, and 'Goldy' hardly sounds Gentile does it? Golda Meir anyone? But okay, let's just say perhaps she isn't. She's still a Zionist.

So how the hell can she be a white supremacist?

The alt-right is infested with shills. It's controlled opposition.
Faith Goldy is not Jewish, you complete clown. You get to decide she is because she fulfills a few of your favorite superficial stereotypes?

:rolleyes:

Skinny isnt it about time you retire this butcher sock puppet?

a22031bbde9a021c12061cfe0f6b93d3.jpg

He repeats the same thing over and over. I meat "4king" WtF that needs retiring.

:cowface::turban::cowface:

the Halal Butcher

The Faith Goldy line did happen. It was met by some cheers and then shortly after by some louder boos and he responded with something like "all I said is that I've heard of her...". Which is true - he did only say something to the effect of "I've heard of Faith Goldy" - didn't really express support one way or another. It seemed meant to agitate more than anything else...

4* review in the Toronto Star:

Morrissey still outspoken, but much more open as he ends Canadian boycott

“I’m cosmopolitan. I’m a Christian. I’m very well-travelled. I’ve heard of Faith Goldy,” he said to a chorus of boos when the white nationalist and former Toronto mayoral candidate’s name was announced.
“So have you. And that’s it.”

And just before he performed “The Bullfighter Dies:” “Maybe you can’t forget. Maybe you can’t remember — who cares?”

https://www.thestar.com/entertainme...ch-more-open-as-he-ends-canadian-boycott.html

Regards,
FWD.

The whole gig on YT 1 of 2 (see further on for encore):

Pigsty is good.
I will study the audio when I rise from the crypt and see if it is worth chopping up and making in to an audio gig.
Well done 'Concert Fan' on YT.
Regards,
FWD.

4* review in the Toronto Star:

Morrissey still outspoken, but much more open as he ends Canadian boycott

“I’m cosmopolitan. I’m a Christian. I’m very well-travelled. I’ve heard of Faith Goldy,” he said to a chorus of boos when the white nationalist and former Toronto mayoral candidate’s name was announced.
“So have you. And that’s it.”

And just before he performed “The Bullfighter Dies:” “Maybe you can’t forget. Maybe you can’t remember — who cares?”

https://www.thestar.com/entertainme...ch-more-open-as-he-ends-canadian-boycott.html

Regards,
FWD.
I would say it was half and half, som cheers some boos.

The whole gig on YT:

Pigsty is good.
I will study the audio when I rise from the crypt and see if it is worth chopping up and making in to an audio gig.
Well done 'Concert Fan' on YT.
Regards,
FWD.

Holy moly, how did you land this jewel, you always seem to amaze me. I truly hope you never leave this site. You are a good person, thank you thank you

Holy moly, how did you land this jewel, you always seem to amaze me. I truly hope you never leave this site. You are a good person, thank you thank you
Oops, would help if I posted the encore of FOTGTD:

That's the entire gig 2 of 2.
Regards,
FWD.

https://www.canadalandshow.com/guide-to-reporting-on-faith-goldy/

Here's why Moz mentioning Faith Goldy elicited boos from the crowd. Some gasped and a couple of us simply burst out laughing because it was such a shock. Another classic Morrissey provocation! For years he's been dropping hints in the service of sexual liberation and that delighted him because it upset the righteous guardians of morality. Now that the world has caught up to his sexual vision (the world must listen) the only thing left to provoke us with is politics. Rock stars are always most interesting when they're odds with the prevailing standards of the day. Morrissey needs to be bad. How f***ing boring would he be if was suddenly Mr. Agreeable? He would never get credit for being a sweet boy so it just makes sense (aesthetically) to side with Satan!

Faith Goldy is not Jewish, you complete clown. You get to decide she is because she fulfills a few of your favorite superficial stereotypes?
She's in the closet. Most alt-right types are, believe me. But fair enough, if I'm wrong my main point is that she is a Zionist - therefore yet another shill trying to steer those into alternative politics towards support of Israel and its racist, supremacist and apartheid beliefs.

Last edited:
Reelfountain making shit up to fit his loony beliefs. :crazy:

We’re all laughing at you.

Reelfountain making shit up to fit his loony beliefs.

We’re all laughing at you.
No problem whatsoever. Keep chuckling if it brightens up your day.

You see, the real thinkers of this world are always laughed at by the uncultured. This has happened from time immemorial and alas the thinkers are always proved correct in the end, even if they don't live to see the day.

Intellectual enquiry is my raison d'etre and despite the fascistic elements that would like irritants such as myself to zip up and shut up, they only make me want to orate my opinions more vociferously from the rooftops.

Last edited:
Reelfountain... self proclaimed... ‘thinker’.

:lbf::crazy:

Go on, tell us another.

Reelfountain... self proclaimed... ‘thinker’.

:lbf::crazy:

Go on, tell us another.

Will you stop it already. You stalk people on this site , stop being creepy. If you have something to add about the show, comments , videos please post. Otherwise, scream in a jar if you have to .

When Moz mentions Faith Goldy it's interesting that most people actually cheer - there is only a slight undercurrent of boos.

Perhaps Canada is quite a proud and nationalistic country?

Sounds like they’re just cheering after anything he says, the cheer is mixed quickly with boos when they realize what he actually did just say, then followed by definite boos.

Morrissey obviously amused by the response he got.

Morrissey is a bit of a provocateur and it clearly tickles him to play up slightly to his far right accusations. He knows that simply mentioning an infamous name is nowadays akin to skirting with danger, and will get the expected response. I'm sure it's not the last thing he'll say on this tour that will shock the tenderest among us - he's probably only just beginning.

Don't forget, Morrissey is from the same generation as the Sex Pistols, the days when everyone loved their idols to proclaim contentious things, and the more the merrier. In fact, come to think of it, this is one of the things Moz's own fans enjoyed about him in the 80s, his list of outrageous observations, one after the other.

What happened? What made people so faux puritanical and, dare I say it, fascistic in their toxic allergy to anything slightly edgy in just a few short years?

Last edited:
She's in the closet. Most alt-right types are, believe me. But fair enough, if I'm wrong my main point is that she is a Zionist - therefore yet another shill trying to steer people into alternative politics towards support of Israel and its racist, supremacist and apartheid beliefs.
God, you’re pathetic. Completely incapable of conceding your point. Faith Goldy’s whole agenda is built on “Christian identity” and she is constantly urging men and women to go back to church.

The reason she’s interested in Zionism is because she wants Canada to operate as a racist ethnostate with inhumane border policies in the same way that Israel does. She’s a racist who admires other racist administrations, not because she’s a “secret Jew.”

You have such a pretentiously high opinion of yourself as some sort of renegade intellectual, but your worldview is so sadly narrow. You really have almost no idea of what you’re talking about.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom