Tori Amos rates Morrissey in 2017 - Pitchfork / YouTube

That's not true! Her first 3 or 4 albums are fantastic.

This is from her second album and a perfect example how I feel about her. Although I know she sings about a serious and sad topic and although I know it stems from personal experience, she just doesn't reach me emotionally. I can't help it.

[video]

PRZ-000184_P.jpg

When me and my wife saw Morrissey at the O2 Arena in 2014 we took little pairs of binoculars with us, as we do to some bigger shows, and at one point she mentioned how, in his white linen trousers, she could really see the outline of his, erm, "package" and how he certainly had nothing to worry about in the trouser department. The photo above only seems to confirm this fact!

She thought that Morrissey told her, "What the f*** do you know?" After she told him, "Hey man, great songs." She also thought he was short because she was wearing heels. I think she must have mixed him up with someone else or misheard him. Moz does not act like an a-hole to his fans, even when they are exploiting animals right in front of him (he took a photo with a fan who was eating a dairy ice-cream right in the photo.)

Well, we'll have to ask Mozzer about it. Maybe there's more to the story.

:hamsterface:

what did morrissey actually do to "snub" her? "snub" could mean anything. to me, it just means that a person has an idea of how they think they should be treated which isnt lived up to by someone outside of their head. which could just mean she's suffering from the same syndrome as my sister who expects everyone to cater to her and when they dont those people are "sooooooo rude".

She keeps saying that maybe he didn't know who she was or what she did, but what does it matter? How would that have changed the way he spoke to her, anyway?
Because now she is famous and she probably treats people that are not celebrities like garbage, too. That's what I get. It's like she's saying, oh now she is important so she can understand it.
And not replying to you but my thought is what do people ever hope to gain from something like this? It's very Kristeen Young, "place is half full, must be the traffic" type nonsense. Am I supposed to buy her record because someone hurt her feelings?

She thought that Morrissey told her, "What the f*** do you know?" After she told him, "Hey man, great songs." She also thought he was short because she was wearing heels. I think she must have mixed him up with someone else or misheard him. Moz does not act like an a-hole to his fans, even when they are exploiting animals right in front of him (he took a photo with a fan who was eating a dairy ice-cream right in the photo.)

Well, we'll have to ask Mozzer about it. Maybe there's more to the story.

:hamsterface:
yeah, i cant imagine him saying that at all. even if he was in a bad mood that's just not his style.

When me and my wife saw Morrissey at the O2 Arena in 2014 we took little pairs of binoculars with us, as we do to some bigger shows, and at one point she mentioned how, in his white linen trousers, she could really see the outline of his, erm, "package" and how he certainly had nothing to worry about in the trouser department. The photo above only seems to confirm this fact!

'Bigger shows'? Oh, I say.

Is this what we are discussing now? :confused:I think my days here are finally over.

Such a little thing
Such a little thing
But the difference it made was grave...

Most people keep their brains between their legs

And sorrow's native son
He will not rise for anyone

I look at yours, you laugh at mine
And "love" is just a miserable lie

Me - without clothes?
Well, a nation turns its back and gags...

She's in the infamous hall of shame among other female singers giving menopause a voice and a face.

Didn't she bang Kurt Cobain and made Courtney mad?

She's in the infamous hall of shame among other female singers giving menopause a voice and a face.

Didn't she bang Kurt Cobain and made Courtney mad?

Yeah, she killed the wrong one. o_O

To you. Trust me, I'm a 90s relic. I've had plenty of exposure to her music, and even then, I couldn't stand it.

But the good thing is that I find it absolutely impossible to remember any of her tunes and that says it all.

' there'll be no fuss, she was... nobody's nothing'

NEXT!

Thanks for pointing this out, i think it's true too. He hides behind the microphone at times....

I loved the white pants

Thanks for pointing this out, i think it's true too. He hides behind the microphone at times....

I loved the white pants
[/QUOTE

Morrissey: Perfection
This is a great video, thanks for sharing :)

Their run-in happened on Later... with Jools Holland broadcasted on December 10th 1992.

She infamously ranted about their encounter at the Manchester show of her 2005 solo tour. However, in an interview with Huffpost three years ago, Tori spoke about the incident again:

In 2005 I spent months asking you to cover The Smiths. You never said no, but each time I asked you, you just kind of sidestepped it and I couldn’t figure out why. Then later that year, when you were on stage in Manchester, England, you basically said you weren’t going to play a song by them because Morrissey once snubbed you when you met him backstage in 1992. You had some very choice words for him, including calling him a “small-dick motherf***er.” You said you liked the band and you listened to their songs but—
Well, hold on and let me write down the song you wanted so I can think about it for this tour. But that was at the time — I was in Manchester and I was honoring bands from there and I think just to pull it out of the hat wasn’t something that I would have done. But I loved [The Smiths song] “Panic” — you know, “hang the dj” — and I have such respect for the music. I think there can come a point where you can transcend a moment because Morrissey didn’t know me from Adam [when we met in 1992]. He might not have even have known at all what I did! I don’t really want to dredge it up — we can talk about it for The Huffington Post — but I’m not that person that I was in 1992 and I was new on the block as far as he was concerned. We had no history. It wasn’t a great meeting but sometimes you can meet somebody and they have a reaction to you but they don’t know who you are. I can see that happening — now — I can look back and see that could have happened. Or, of course, there’s also that thing that you don’t like to admit to yourself and that’s that somebody actually doesn’t like what you do and that can be true, too. So, [when something like that meeting happens] some people paint rainbows and butterflies in their world and move on [laughs] but I wasn’t ready to do that. That’s me as the lioness! We do bite back. However, at a place where I’m not in Manchester and there’s some air around it, the idea of doing a Smiths song, it would have to be the right one and can I deliver it now? It’s not about…

December 1992 reminds me of this entertaining interview

http://www.compsoc.man.ac.uk/~moz/quotes/details3.htm

due moving to my hometown,and having a laptop Im way behind. [yes I'm stressed, and feel tired and have a big -must do- list,but I survived the first week,sorry starting of topic, but what's new :( ]

I honoustly think she's somehow the female Morrissey, well take it back and write that I like Tori Amos lyrics and singin a lot.

If there's one female artist Morrissey should work out some songs, it's Tori.

Anyway first the new album release and gigs in November,good times for the dark days in autumn,and what follow.

no rest in Best

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom