Tori Amos rates Morrissey in 2017 - Pitchfork / YouTube

Tori Amos seems like a reasonably nice person, and I respect her place in things, but f*** me if her music isn't awful.

I Love Moz, I Love Tori. He was not nice to her. Maybe he was having a bad day...
"I've been where the trains don't run, honey" SNAP! That's as good as any Morrissey line.

I Love Moz, I Love Tori. He was not nice to her. Maybe he was having a bad day...
"I've been where the trains don't run, honey" SNAP! That's as good as any Morrissey line.

Must have been LA then. :)

Their run-in happened on Later... with Jools Holland broadcasted on December 10th 1992.

She infamously ranted about their encounter at the Manchester show of her 2005 solo tour. However, in an interview with Huffpost three years ago, Tori spoke about the incident again:

In 2005 I spent months asking you to cover The Smiths. You never said no, but each time I asked you, you just kind of sidestepped it and I couldn’t figure out why. Then later that year, when you were on stage in Manchester, England, you basically said you weren’t going to play a song by them because Morrissey once snubbed you when you met him backstage in 1992. You had some very choice words for him, including calling him a “small-dick motherf***er.” You said you liked the band and you listened to their songs but—
Well, hold on and let me write down the song you wanted so I can think about it for this tour. But that was at the time — I was in Manchester and I was honoring bands from there and I think just to pull it out of the hat wasn’t something that I would have done. But I loved [The Smiths song] “Panic” — you know, “hang the dj” — and I have such respect for the music. I think there can come a point where you can transcend a moment because Morrissey didn’t know me from Adam [when we met in 1992]. He might not have even have known at all what I did! I don’t really want to dredge it up — we can talk about it for The Huffington Post — but I’m not that person that I was in 1992 and I was new on the block as far as he was concerned. We had no history. It wasn’t a great meeting but sometimes you can meet somebody and they have a reaction to you but they don’t know who you are. I can see that happening — now — I can look back and see that could have happened. Or, of course, there’s also that thing that you don’t like to admit to yourself and that’s that somebody actually doesn’t like what you do and that can be true, too. So, [when something like that meeting happens] some people paint rainbows and butterflies in their world and move on [laughs] but I wasn’t ready to do that. That’s me as the lioness! We do bite back. However, at a place where I’m not in Manchester and there’s some air around it, the idea of doing a Smiths song, it would have to be the right one and can I deliver it now? It’s not about…

I think Morrissey may have been a bit off with her but her version where he told her to "f*** off" or something seems highly implausible.
She is a half-trick pony. Cornflake Girl is bearable but most of her stuff isn't. She seems a bit like a fake. She used to be a raunchy backing singer for Sandra Bernhard.

It's like he had the obligation of liking her or paying attention to her. Morrissey is not an agressive person, so maybe he just didn't connect with her, for whatever reason, and she couldn't handle it with dignity. The whole situation talks more about her than about him. It happened 25 years ago and she still remembers it. Some people don't even remember the name of lovers they had 25 years ago, so it seems some artist's egos are bigger than most people's hearts. I'll check in Autobiography if he wrote something about her. Guess other singers will feel obliged to flatter her if they don't want to be treated like Morrissey. The ability to forgive and forget is underrated.

It's like he had the obligation of liking her or paying attention to her. Morrissey is not an agressive person, so maybe he just didn't connect with her, for whatever reason, and she couldn't handle it with dignity. The whole situation talks more about her than about him. It happened 25 years ago and she still remembers it. Some people don't even remember the name of lovers they had 25 years ago, so it seems some artist's egos are bigger than most people's hearts. I'll check in Autobiography if he wrote something about her. Guess other singers will feel obliged to flatter her if they don't want to be treated like Morrissey. The ability to forgive and forget is underrated.

I don't want to stop you reading Autobigraphy but Tori is not mentioned.

I remember her name but not one single song and she was all over MTV back then.

Moz is the best at slagging people off and his hate for everyone is why I loved him in the first place. The only fans that made him smile were those that provoked him. Either by questioning his sexuality or hitting on him like that scottish lad did who shouted to him that he was wearing his perfume as Moz entered the venue outside which was caught on film.

Huge smile on Moz's lips.

I don't want to stop you reading Autobigraphy but Tori is not mentioned.

Not important enough to mention.
I guess that's what's bothering her.

Well... We've all seen the pic of him in the Speedo.

Maybe he's just a grower, not a shower.

PRZ-000184_P.jpg

Tori Amos seems like a reasonably nice person, and I respect her place in things, but f*** me if her music isn't awful.
Yeah, the music is dreadful but so is Sarah McLachlan's or plenty of others that the world could do without.

She keeps saying that maybe he didn't know who she was or what she did, but what does it matter? How would that have changed the way he spoke to her, anyway?

Yeah, the music is dreadful but so is Sarah McLachlan's or plenty of others that the world could do without.
For me, it's more an instance of an artist being obviously of substance, but unlistenable by my tastes.

Well... We've all seen the pic of him in the Speedo.

Maybe he's just a grower, not a shower.

While I am not an expert on this, I read the manly organ can grow on average for as nine times as big when sexually aroused. So the speedo pic doesn't tell us much, does it?
The size of the balls says more, I mean not in the pic, but generally, if it is of any import. :rolleyes:
A grower seems to be more enjoyable then a shower, promising much but for any reason not delivering the anticipated pleasure. Ahem. :cool:
What about guys that stuffed a coke bottle into their pants to show off? :laughing:

While I am not an expert on this, I read the manly organ can grow on average for as nine times as big when sexually aroused.

Nine times as big? So a tiny 4 inch tiddler when aroused would grow to a whopping 36 inches? Damn - no wonder I keep tripping over mine. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom