Top Three Bedtime Albums

I went through a phase of Lemon Jelly's KY at bedtime.
[youtube]fSMD51bAXMs&feature=related[/youtube]

Last edited:
I went through a phase of Lemon Jelly's KY at bedtime.
[youtube]fSMD51bAXMs&feature=related[/youtube]

That debut from them is a classic bedtime album. I haven't played it for a while and now you've given me the overwhelming urge to retreat to my bed and play it over and over again. Damn you C.H! :lbf:

Blockhead's - Uncle Tony's Colouring Book is a classic bedtimer too. Especially 'The Strain'

That debut from them is a classic bedtime album. I haven't played it for a while and now you've given me the overwhelming urge to retreat to my bed and play it over and over again. Damn you C.H! :lbf:

Blockhead's - Uncle Tony's Colouring Book is a classic bedtimer too. Especially 'The Strain'

Sorry duck.
Oh and this beautiful solo album by Shack's main man.
849319.jpg

i once drifted off to sleep with Nurse With Wound playing. i awoke with a start 15 odd minutes later to the horrible screams of a dying animal. i came running out into the living room expecting to find one of my cats eviscerated.

thankfully, it was only Astral Dustbin Dirge

anyways, The Cure's Disintegration is by far the best bedtime album

i once drifted off to sleep with Nurse With Wound playing. i awoke with a start 15 odd minutes later to the horrible screams of a dying animal. i came running out into the living room expecting to find one of my cats eviscerated.

thankfully, it was only Astral Dustbin Dirge

anyways, The Cure's Disintegration is by far the best bedtime album

Hahahaha! Sorry but that really did make me laugh - sounds similar to when I tried to listen to the Boredoms - Creative New Sun and I dropped off, waking up for tormented screams and thought it was me mother. She was watching Corrie and thought I was on something.

Anothjer highly recommended bedtime album is Foxes in Fiction debut - Swung Froim the Branches. You can either download it or buy it.... On cassete from his MySpace page.

Coil's Musick to play in the Dark. But mainly if you don't intend to go to sleep. :)

Hypnagogue or The seahorse rears to oblivion by Current 93 is perfect.

Third place goes to Yo La Tengo's And then nothing turned itself inside out.

For relaxation, you could do worse than Mogwai's soundtrack to Zidane - a 21st century legend or the album that so obviously inspired it, Brian Eno & Harmonia's Tracks and Traces.

cheers

Last edited:
good question vaca peluda :clap:
anyways, my old stand by is:

75944.gif

04040.jpg

mainly the side that approximates the old "side 2" from the cassette of it :straightface:
&
3. currently, I am listening to the new Crystal Castles album when going to the sleepy bye :guitar:

mainly the side that approximates the old "side 2" from the cassette of it :straightface:

Yes. Good call. Except for one thing. Without fail, as soon as I was drifting off to sleep, mere seconds from happy oblivion, "Nothing" would rumble out and get me back into wide-awake disco-dancing mood. It's kind of a booby-trapped nightmusic album in that way.

Yes. Good call. Except for one thing. Without fail, as soon as I was drifting off to sleep, mere seconds from happy oblivion, "Nothing" would rumble out and get me back into wide-awake disco-dancing mood. It's kind of a booby-trapped nightmusic album in that way.

you take too long to fall asleep :straightface::p
or by then I am humming along to it as I sleep(as one of my "sleeping partners" once informed me :eek:)

you take too long to fall asleep :straightface::p
or by then I am humming along to it as I sleep(as one of my "sleeping partners" once informed me :eek:)

I fall asleep quicker now. In those days I was too broke to support my Valium addiction.

These are the ones i listen to most:

Neil Young "After the Goldrush"
images.jpg

Mark Eitzel "60 Watt Silver Lining"
images-2.jpg

Midlake "Trials of Van Occupanther"
images-1.jpg

I used to listen to this but after a perfect chilled out start I would wake up in shock when it hit track 6!
images-3.jpg

Lovely choices. x

These are the ones i listen to most:

Neil Young "After the Goldrush"
Mark Eitzel "60 Watt Silver Lining"
Midlake "Trials of Van Occupanther"

I used to listen to this but after a perfect chilled out start I would wake up in shock when it hit track 6!
images-3.jpg

Anything by The Feeling/Coldplay/Razorlight/Kooks/Snooze Patrol/Maroon 5 etc, they'd send the moon to sleep.

Back
Top Bottom