Top 100 Iconic amateur images of Morrissey: nominate 5 fav photos 1983

valentines.jpg

:thumb: Adorable

Seeing as this thread has more responses and views than ''the other similar thread'', maybe this thread should be the sticky:thumb:

Jukebox Jury

wow.....what brilliant photos.
I bet you both (verymoz and flax) have more.
Flax, the camera clarity is fantastic.

my favourite so far...........

img1418n.jpg
[/QUOTE]

What made The Smiths have a band dancer in the first place? Is there any pics, any minute bootlegs, or any mention of The Smiths first gig at all? Or will it remain in gold dust? At least we have a picture of the second gig, that's gold dust to me!

Last edited by a moderator:
What made The Smiths have a band dancer in the first place? Is there any pics, any minute bootlegs, or any mention of The Smiths first gig at all? Or will it remain in gold dust? At least we have a picture of the second gig, that's gold dust to me!

According to other band members (certainly Mike and Dale) the first time they saw James Maker was a few minutes before going on stage at The Ritz:eek: It was definatley Morrissey's decision and not the bands (not sure if Johnny knew).
It is covered in 'The Severed Allience', if you don't have it, I could type it up for you tomorrow.

EDIT - Johnny didn't know either...(page 156) 'The Smiths seemed equally vague about Makers role in the scheme of things. ''I never quite got that and neither did the rest of the band'' explained Johnny, ''It wasn't discussed. It was a whim of Morrissey. Nothing against James, he just looked silly....'' (Johnny talking after the 2nd gig)

Jukebox Jury

Last edited:
IMG_0990.jpg
April 4, 2009.

IMG_0904.jpg
Mozwaukee, 2009.

JAD0274.jpg
Mozville, Kentucky. I think. Yeah. July-ish, 2007.

These are all mine. Sadly, the delightful little point-and-shoot that accomplished these died in a movie theatre on Broadway in NYC after I stubbornly insisted on trying to sneak a Starbucks coffee into the cinema. It spilled in my bag and ruined the camera. I lost the bag, somewhere, too. Does anyone know where it might be?

Last edited:
how can you choose just 5 images!!??

wow.....what brilliant photos.
I bet you both (verymoz and flax) have more.
Flax, the camera clarity is fantastic.

my favourite so far...........

img1418n.jpg

Thanks lainey!

I looked at the photos I've taken, and my favorites are probably these:

68203065.jpg

65585406.jpg

69160899r.jpg

56449544.jpg

Back
Top Bottom