Top 10 Favorite Bands or Singers

I was in college for most of the Moz draught. My high school years were when Your Arsenal, Vauxhall, Southpaw were released...so I had the Z100 Top 50 listeners asking me retarded questions about Moz

:) :) were you at the 94 signing at Tower? OMG remember Z100!!!!??? does it still exist? isn't bon jovi playing tonight?

:) :) were you at the 94 signing at Tower? OMG remember Z100!!!!??? does it still exist? isn't bon jovi playing tonight?

Yup. I cut school and waited all day to meet Moz at Tower. Got him to sign my Vauxhall 12" and stuttered like a nervous freak. :o:D IT WAS GREAT!
Got a pic of me with him...it's so awful...I was so nervous, I wasn't even right next to him for the pic...HAHA..I am such a freakin moron! I'm gonna post it if I ever figure out how to get my scanner working properly.

I think someone burnt Z100 down...if they didn't, then someone should. I still got the Moz "the more you ignore me" bumper sticker they were giving out....it just seems wrong on so many levels...the epitome of the faceless Top-50 NY music stations pushing MOZ? Eh, we knew it couldn't last.

Bon Jovi's playing tomorrow, me thinks.

1. The Smiths/Morrissey
2. Bad Religion
3. Radiohead
4. Joy Division
5. The Cure
6. Sigur Ros
7. R.E.M.
8. Depeche Mode
9. PJ Harvey
10. Nine Inch Nails

These bands are "safe".

Safe Music:

* Sufjan Stevens (at request of publisher)
* The Right Brothers (bush was right!) ?
* Dresden Dolls
* UnderOath
* Blondie**
* Cyndi Lauper
* Falling Up
* Flyleaf
* THE TURNING
* Disciple
* P.O.D
* Evanescence
* By The Tree
* Scott Reed
* Michael W. Smith
* Jars of Clay
* DC Talk
* Danielson
* Cheap Trick

These bands are "safe".

Safe Music:

* Sufjan Stevens (at request of publisher)
* The Right Brothers (bush was right!) ?
* Dresden Dolls
* UnderOath
* Blondie**
* Cyndi Lauper
* Falling Up
* Flyleaf
* THE TURNING
* Disciple
* P.O.D
* Evanescence
* By The Tree
* Scott Reed
* Michael W. Smith
* Jars of Clay
* DC Talk
* Danielson
* Cheap Trick

talk about confessing embarrassing things. my first concert ever was DC Talk. I've also seen Michael W. Smith in concert. :o thank you 12 years of Baptist school! :rolleyes:

1= The Stone Roses
2= The Smiths
3=The Stranglers
4=The Byrds
5=The Buzzcocks
6=The Jam
7=Siouxie and the Banshees
8=Marc Bolan and T-Rex
9=The Kinks
10=The Damned.

1 The Smiths
2 Morrissey
3 The Jam
4 The Who
5 Weezer
6 The Pogues
7 The Housemartins
8 Ocean Colour Scene
9 Bloc Party
10 U2

• The Smiths
  • Morrissey
    [*]System of A Down
    [*]Tiger Army
    [*]Social Distortion
    [*]Depech Mode
    [*]The Beatles
    [*]Rage Against the Machine
    [*]Eminem
    [*]Johnny Cash

At the moment...

1. The Smiths/ Morrissey
2. Defiance, Ohio
3. The Organ
4. The Long Blondes
5. Arcade Fire
6. Neutral Milk Hotel
7. The Libertines
8. Bauhaus
9. Crass
10. The Misfits (before Danzig's departure)

1. Manic Street Preachers
2. Moz/The Smiths
3. Jarvis Cocker
4. Suede/The Tears
5. Stone Roses
6. Madness

Then a gap back to:

McCarthy
Sex Pistols
Libertines
Keane

In no particular order.

Today:

1) The Smiths
2) Morrissey
3) The Crimea
4) Franz Ferdinand
5) Lupen Crook
6)Joy Division
7) Regina Spektor
8) Radiohead
9) Pulp/Jarvis Cocker
10) REM

1. The Smiths / Morrissey
2. Pixies
3. Nick Cave And The Bad Seeds
4. The Wedding Present
5. Big Black
6. The Flaming Lips
7. Husker Du / Sugar / Bob Mould
8. Mercury Rev
9. The Jesus And Mary Chain
10. Sonic Youth

1. The Smiths / Morrissey
2. Pixies
3. Nick Cave And The Bad Seeds
4. The Wedding Present
5. Big Black
6. The Flaming Lips
7. Husker Du / Sugar / Bob Mould
8. Mercury Rev
9. The Jesus And Mary Chain
10. Sonic Youth

Forgot The Stooges! Can I have 11?

Here's a more updated top 10

1-Moz (he never leaves the top spot, ever)
2-The Weakerthans
3-The Dickies
4-Oasis
5-Norah Jones
6-Jose Gonzalez
7-Leatherface
8-Embrace
9-James Iha (Guitarist from smashing pumpkins solo 1998 album!)
10-Ben Weasel!

1. Morrissey
2. The Smiths
3. Bob Dylan
4. The Beatles
5. 31knots
6. Radiohead
7. Pink Floyd
8. Elliott Smith
9. Led Zeppelin
10. Johnny Cash

I feel like Remy Zero should fit somewhere from 6 to 10, but I can't figure out where... they were the first band or artist I became a fan of... The first artist, I say. Before them I was a little kid listening to top 40 and country music on FM radio (grew up in Alabama.) I got into Remy Zero in 2000 or 2001 at the age of 13 or 14, before they achieved the very modest success with "Save Me" in that Superman television series and "Fair" in Golden State. Their self-titled album, their second released album, Villa Elaine, and their first but unreleased album, St. Genet or Chloroform Days depending on who you talk to... great, great stuff. Then they made what I consider a last ditch effort at mainstream commercial success with The Golden Hum, the album "Save Me" is on. Ironically, I consider "Save Me" to be their worst song ever recorded. Their first three albums are just brilliant, and their final album is solid if unspectacular. Maybe they don't actually deserve a spot in my top 10, but they sure keep a very special place in my heart...

1. Morrissey
2. The Smiths
3. Bob Dylan
4. The Beatles
5. 31knots
6. Radiohead
7. Pink Floyd
8. Elliott Smith
9. Led Zeppelin
10. Johnny Cash

I feel like Remy Zero should fit somewhere from 6 to 10, but I can't figure out where... they were the first band or artist I became a fan of... The first artist, I say. Before them I was a little kid listening to top 40 and country music on FM radio (grew up in Alabama.) I got into Remy Zero in 2000 or 2001 at the age of 13 or 14, before they achieved the very modest success with "Save Me" in that Superman television series and "Fair" in Golden State. Their self-titled album, their second released album, Villa Elaine, and their first but unreleased album, St. Genet or Chloroform Days depending on who you talk to... great, great stuff. Then they made what I consider a last ditch effort at mainstream commercial success with The Golden Hum, the album "Save Me" is on. Ironically, I consider "Save Me" to be their worst song ever recorded. Their first three albums are just brilliant, and their final album is solid if unspectacular. Maybe they don't actually deserve a spot in my top 10, but they sure keep a very special place in my heart...

I also left out Sigur Ros! I have no idea where to put Sigur Ros except that they're obviously below Mozzy...

http://www.last.fm/user/chaddeusmaximus

the Smiths
Morrissey
Elliott Smith
The Beatles
Radiohead
Bright Eyes
The Smashing Pumpkins
Death Cab for Cutie
Led Zeppelin
The Cure
Bruce Springsteen
the Arcade Fire

sorry. i have 12. deal with it.

1)smiths
2)moz
3)libertines
4)joy division
5)pulp
6)velvet underground
7)clash
8)patti smith
9)jeff buckley
10)doors

this can vary but the solid ones are anything morrissey/smiths/pete doherty/libs related

in no order. (except 1)

The Smiths/Moz
Alkaline Trio
Lucero
Hank Williams Sr.
The Misfits
John Prine
Sick Of It All
Bad Brains
Stone Roses
and #10 could be switched out depending on what time of year it is and what im into, could be anything from The Last Resort or Skrewdriver to Gene Vincent or Elvis to Suede or Pulp.

Back
Top Bottom