The Who/Pete solo
The Killers
Poi Dog Pondering
Smashing Pumpkins
The The
Tragically Hip
REM
The White Stripes

I realize that's 11 but does #1 technically 'count' =o)
It should be who are the OTHER 10 fave bands/singers

Last edited:
Morrissey/Smiths
Duran Duran
The Clash/B.A.D./Joe Strummer
The Who/Pete solo
The Killers
Poi Dog Pondering
Smashing Pumpkins
The The
Tragically Hip
REM

Pete solo is awesome. Isn't it depressing to be older than the protagonist in Slit Skirt?

1-The Smiths
2-Morrissey (sorry, babe, you grew up and I didn't)
3-Pink Floyd ('67-'83)
4-Jethro Tull
5-Frank Sinatra
6-Elvis
7-Bauhaus
8-David Byrne (comes and goes)
9-David Bowie (ditto)
10-Syd Barrett
11-Mozart

I gotta say, though, that my fav music is foxtrot, followed closely by swing (from the '30s and 40's only). But artists in particular... nah.

Morrissey
The smiths
Duran Duran
The Jam
Depeche Mode
Soft Cell
Urge Overkill
Pulp
Simple Minds
Pet Shop Boys

I had to add a few more....
11. Smashing Pumpkins
12. Red Hot Chili Peppers ( before 1994)
13. Sunny Day Real Estate
14. Radiohead
15. Beck
16. The Police
17. Psychedelic Furs
18. Beastie Boys
19. The Killers
20. Nine Inch Nails

The Smiths/Morrissey
Dylan
The Cramps
Tom Waits
The Sugarcubes/Bjork
PJ Harvey
Patti Smith
Radiohead
The Clash
Joni Mitchell.

1.) Morrissey
2.) Marilyn Manson
3.) The Smiths
4.) David Bowie
5.) Prince
6.) The Killers
7.) Korn
8.) Alanis Morrissette
9.) Peaches
10.) REM

And sometimes Britney Spears (don't hate! :p).

1-Morrissey
2-Propagandhi
3-Jets To Brazil
4-Bad Religion
5-Screeching Weasel
6-Minor Threat

I can't list anymore really to many, the only one that truly matters is the first...

Thank God, I am not the only one...
;-)

I have been a Moz fan since Your Arse´n All was released, but I have loved George Michael for more than 20 years so far.

Oh my, I can´t believe I will post it.

It is posted.

Oi...

I love Wham! and I'm young enough to be his lover.

Extremely difficult, but this is how I feel at the moment.

1. The Smiths/Morrissey (by a million miles)
2. David Bowie (up to 1980)
3. Love and Money/James Grant (his day will come)
4. Tori Amos
5. Sex Pistols
6. The Clash
7. Siouxsie And The Banshees
8. Aimee Mann
9. Radiohead
10. Keane

I'll probably change my mind tomorrow.

1. Smiths/Moz, of course.
2. Depeche Mode.
3. Nick Cave.
4. Kate Bush.
5. Pet Shop Boys.
6. Billie Holiday.
7. PJ Harvey.
8. Peter Gabriel.
9. Kraftwerk.
10. Bowie.

I don't know what's surprised me more: how I got it down to a final 10... or how I didn't find places for the Velvet Underground, the Cocteau Twins, ABBA, the Pixies or Dusty Springfield.

1-Morrissey
2-The Smiths
3-the Doors
4-Nine Inch Nails
5-G. Love
6-Damien Dempsey
7-Tricky
8-Korn
9-the Who
10-Minor Threat

1-Morrissey
2-The Smiths
3-the Doors
4-Nine Inch Nails
5-G. Love
6-Damien Dempsey
7-Tricky
8-Korn
9-the Who
10-Minor Threat

I admire you for admitting to Korn. They were actually my favorite band in high school. I've seen them 8 times. I have not admitted that publicly yet on this forum. Bring it!

I admire you for admitting to Korn. They were actually my favorite band in high school. I've seen them 8 times. I have not admitted that publicly yet on this forum. Bring it!

Thanks...yes, I have no shame. ;)
Honestly, if I did, I probably wouldn't have even kept listening to Moz/the Smiths...let alone become the fully-functional, well-balanced, yet clinically-obsessed fan that I am today. I mean, the looks and jokes I received in high school when I had Morrissey written on my backpack, was trying to wear my quiff or was listening to the music should have caused me to toss the Moz stuff in the garbage and pick up a rap album.
And yeah, though they are no longer my favorite band...I still like Korn... and would still be first in line to see them live. Still pissed off that I missed them playing at the Hammerstein not too long ago! :mad:

1) The Smiths
2) Morrissey
3) Joy Division
4) David Bowie
5) Marilyn Manson
6) Nick Cave
7) The Cure
8) Lou Reed
9) Manic Street Preachers (up to 'The Holy Bible)
10) The Fall

And so many more. But that'll do for today, Herr Professor.

Thanks...yes, I have no shame. ;)
Honestly, if I did, I probably wouldn't have even kept listening to Moz/the Smiths...let alone become the fully-functional, well-balanced, yet clinically-obsessed fan that I am today. I mean, the looks and jokes I received in high school when I had Morrissey written on my backpack, was trying to wear my quiff or was listening to the music should have caused me to toss the Moz stuff in the garbage and pick up a rap album.
And yeah, though they are no longer my favorite band...I still like Korn... and would still be first in line to see them live. Still pissed off that I missed them playing at the Hammerstein not too long ago! :mad:

I wish I knew who The Smiths or Moz was in highschool. It was during the 7 year draught or whatever they call it. So that is my exucse I guess.

But as for Korn, because Head and David left, I can't take them seriously anymore. Haven't been able to since Issues. That was the last album I really liked. And I REALLY liked that album. It's probably my favorite. But all in all that band was like my best friend for 4 years so they will always have a place in my heart. awwww :)

I wish I knew who The Smiths or Moz was in highschool. It was during the 7 year draught or whatever they call it. So that is my exucse I guess.

But as for Korn, because Head and David left, I can't take them seriously anymore. Haven't been able to since Issues. That was the last album I really liked. And I REALLY liked that album. It's probably my favorite. But all in all that band was like my best friend for 4 years so they will always have a place in my heart. awwww :)

I was in college for most of the Moz draught. My high school years were when Your Arsenal, Vauxhall, Southpaw were released...so I had the Z100 Top 50 listeners asking me retarded questions about Moz and why I liked "that weird gay guy" b/c The More You Ignore Me was getting airplay back then. I dressed like Moz, went veggie, tried to wear my hair like him, listened to him all the time, had posters all over the place....yup, definitely a typical over-the-edge obsessed high school kid. :p ahhh...memories. LMAO!

Yeah...like I said, I still like Korn and they are solid to see live...but if an album gets played by me, it's usually something from Issues or earlier...after that, they kinda lost me too. (though, I kinda like that MTV Unplugged album...had a different, mellow feel that I was digging). Issues is my favorite album too...I remember when I got it...I wore that CD into the ground. Still do from time to time.

Back
Top Bottom