Too Many Smiths Books In The World.

Anybody think that the whole 'Smiths book' (and behind-the-band DVD, but that's a side issue) subgenre has been milked to death and should stop? After all, do we really need any more books from people mooning over him and gently bemoaning their lost shut-in youths? The only reason Moz and The Smiths have so many books about them is because he and the band had/have so many bookish fans. Just a thought.

Discuss.

(Addendum: I would, of course, make an exception for anything written by Moz himself, especially him talking about his lyrics)

Last edited:
Well personally i think there are some good and bad books

personally im lookinking forward to "mozzipedia" , based upon "songs that saved your life" it should be amazing

and i belive "morrisseys manchester" is getting a legacy edition with some extra locations that missed the original , with footnotes from the author and a new cover - finally we get to see the book the way it was intended

Bought the updated Morrisseys Manchester at Salford Lads club , very good :)

Found a typo / mistake tho ;) page 95 Ref saying Moz was born in 1958 :eek:
One day will do the walk tour ,

Anybody think that the whole 'Smiths book' (and behind-the-band DVD, but that's a side issue) subgenre has been milked to death and should stop? After all, do we really need any more books from people mooning over him and gently bemoaning their lost shut-in youths? The only reason Moz and The Smiths have so many books about them is because he and the band had/have so many bookish fans. Just a thought.

Discuss.

(Addendum: I would, of course, make an exception for anything written by Moz himself, especially him talking about his lyrics)

The books that collect useful information pertaining to Morrissey and The Smiths are excellent.

The books that attempt analysis are mostly worthless.

The books that collect useful information pertaining to Morrissey and The Smiths are excellent.

The books that attempt analysis are mostly worthless.

Yes, and I apply the same criteria to the threads here! :lbf:

agreed x 1000000000

it's especially irksome becuase no matter how many books/dvds I have about the smiths and morrissey, I always consider buying another....

Can someone here recommend the best Smiths / Morrissey book?

I really think that Morrissey-Smiths' story is a great way to get some money....
Why would you wirite about second war if you could write about Morrissey?

Books telling about story are interest..
However books as The Day I met Morrissey are very useless and awful.
Who needs it?

Bought the updated Morrisseys Manchester at Salford Lads club , very good :)

Found a typo / mistake tho ;) page 95 Ref saying Moz was born in 1958 :eek:
One day will do the walk tour ,

Just read page 95 and yes:eek::eek::eek::eek:
The author wants hanging.........:tears:

Jukebox Jury

No just a good spanking with a plimsol :)

Whatever turns you on:eek::D

Where the author went wrong is that he copied the text word for word out of another brilliant tour book 'Panic On The Streets' (page 69) where that author also incorrectly states 1958. The pair of them need a sound flogging:o

Anyway, I see you got a mention in the new book:thumb:

Jukebox Jury

there making a "Mozipedia" for real?? That would be completely awesome if its in the same vein as Songs That Saved Your Life. now thats a great book!!

The only Morrissey book I've read is "Meetings With Morrissey" by Len Brown. I enjoyed it a lot and think that it has a worthy place on any music fan's bookshelf. However, I do agree that there are far too many Morrissey books out there, and I have no idea which ones are worthwhile and which will be going over the same things that "Meetings With Morrissey Did". The only other Morrissey book I know I want to read is "The Severed Alliance", due to its now legendary status.

The only Morrissey book I've read is "Meetings With Morrissey" by Len Brown. I enjoyed it a lot and think that it has a worthy place on any music fan's bookshelf. However, I do agree that there are far too many Morrissey books out there, and I have no idea which ones are worthwhile and which will be going over the same things that "Meetings With Morrissey Did". The only other Morrissey book I know I want to read is "The Severed Alliance", due to its now legendary status.

I gave in to temptation and bought The Severed Alliance a couple of months ago.

It's dreadful, I was truly disappointed with it. There's no scandal, no excitement, just a weird and disturbing level of intrusiveness into Morrissey's family both before and after Moz entered the world. I did like the pictures in it though.

Back
Top Bottom