Tony Visconti says he wouldn't mind working with Morrissey again; not in touch - Irish Times

Tony Visconti: ‘The thing with Phil Lynott was that he was visibly dying’ - The Irish Times
The veteran record producer on Bowie, Morrissey and his problem with Steve Albini

Excerpt:

Morrissey’s great knack
Speaking of Morrissey, Visconti worked on his 2005 album, Ringleader of the Tormentors. Does he intend to work with the prickly Mancunian-Irish singer again? “I wouldn’t mind working with him again, and I’m very proud of the album we did, but we are not in touch,” he says. “I don’t know. He’s off on something else. That’s all I can really say. He has a knack of pushing people away from him. It’s the way he lives his life."

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly being stuck in an elevator with Morrissey, Visconti, and Kristeen Young would be complete torture. You'd have to listen to TV tell David Bowie stories while Morrissey made some "shocking" statement about whatever was in the news that day, and meanwhile Kristeen Young would be whining because no one is paying attention to her.

I got stuck in a very small coffee shop with NSYNC. I think they had played live in MTV or something like that and they didn't think of an escape plan, so they simply decided to run to a coffee shop and I was the only other person there, besides from the waiter, but they closed it because some 300 lunatic teenage fans were outside smashing their faces against the windows of the shop and tearing apart their own clothes.
So I had to spend a bit more than 2 hours with NSYNC (they payed for my coffee, that was nice). Other than that, I arrived to the conclusion that I do not have much in common with NSYNC.
The morale of the story is: try not to get stuck in small places with famous musicians... it doesn't matter how much you like them or dislike them, it's not a remarkable experience, even if it has a funny side.

I got stuck in a very small coffee shop with NSYNC. I think they had played live in MTV or something like that and they didn't think of an escape plan, so they simply decided to run to a coffee shop and I was the only other person there, besides from the waiter, but they closed it because some 300 lunatic teenage fans were outside smashing their faces against the windows of the shop and tearing apart their own clothes.
So I had to spend a bit more than 2 hours with NSYNC (they payed for my coffee, that was nice). Other than that, I arrived to the conclusion that I do not have much in common with NSYNC.
The morale of the story is: try not to get stuck in small places with famous musicians... it doesn't matter how much you like them or dislike them, it's not a remarkable experience, even if it has a funny side.

Well, I guess I wouldn’t have minded to be in the elevator with Moz on
Morrissey day in LA.
That little dance he did there was hilariously funny and reinformed me about the humorous side of his character in case I’d forgot.
Which was very possible in these dark humourless times.
Humorrissey! :)

I was once 'stuck' at a Morrissey concert in Dublin stood next to Visconti. From my very limited experience he seemed like a nice guy. Morrissey slunk off after not too long 'cause the sound was shit and he couldn't hear anything. Despite Morrissey's flounce I got a piece of shirt and did small talk with Tony Visconti. Everybody was shitting on that concert but I've still got good memories.

People have written books with less access. At least they were nice. Some of those celebrities would have their bodyguards taser you.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom