tonight and thurs cancelled

He really doesn't make very much effort at all to get any press, and he's stated this. I believe it's in that LA Weekly interview,or possibly that Q interview, where he says that the people that are going to come and see him are already going to and he's not really interested in getting out there and pushing for more new fans.

Of course, he does do the occasional television performance, but that is a lot different than sitting down with some reporter and answering questions about The Smiths for the ten-thousandth time.

It's more a matter of his own choosing. He's really not for everyone, and even though he made that funny comment about being left out of the mainstream, I think he wants it on his own terms or not at all.

Anybody who can not spot that the intro to all you Need is Me is blatant rip-off of "God Save The Queen" really needs there hearing checked...

I like to think of it more as an "homage" to 30 years ago ;)

this is the beginning of the end.

a very bad omen for people buying tickets to other venues.

New York City I am staking down a guarantee right now that electrical issues at the Hammerstein are going to shut down at least one of the shows.

I'm assuming the Fri/Sat/Sun shows in NYC are selling decently but does anyone know how the Mon/Tues ones are doing?

this is the beginning of the end.

a very bad omen for people buying tickets to other venues.

New York City I am staking down a guarantee right now that electrical issues at the Hammerstein are going to shut down at least one of the shows.

you are just asking for a beating.

you are just asking for a beating.

Yes, I agree. I do feel really badly for the people who had tickets for those 2 shows. It is really disapointing and if it were me I would have cried. I hope you all are able to see him another time.

And I don't even thing of the riots in the streets of NY that will ensue if above horrible statements are even thought about seriously.

grrrrrrrr

New York is New York, and the show MUST go on.

I will assemble a crack team of homosexual contractors (like Queer Eye Handy Guys, except talented and/or skilled) who can fix any problem at a moment's notice. If the thousands of Mexicans in Loose Angela couldn't muster up some help, I'll show them how it's done, homo style. The entirety of Chelsea will be on full alert.

"They drummed you out of Hollywood, so you come crawling back to Broadway. But Broadway doesn't go for booze and dope. Now get out of my way, I've got a man waiting for me." - Helen Lawson

I know it was actually Leopard Skirt Skank's fault, not no bunged up carzy. (Skankmouth Strikes Again!) I hope she didn't pass the mouth herpes on to Morrissey.

Ringleader of the Tormentors is a great album. I don't see the problem. "Boy Yappy" is worth the price of admission alone.

New York is New York, and the show MUST go on.

I will assemble a crack team of homosexual contractors (like Queer Eye Handy Guys, except talented and/or skilled) who can fix any problem at a moment's notice. If the thousands of Mexicans in Loose Angela couldn't muster up some help, I'll show them how it's done, homo style. The entirety of Chelsea will be on full alert.

"They drummed you out of Hollywood, so you come crawling back to Broadway. But Broadway doesn't go for booze and dope. Now get out of my way, I've got a man waiting for me." - Helen Lawson

I know it was actually Leopard Skirt Skank's fault, not no bunged up carzy. (Skankmouth Strikes Again!) I hope she didn't pass the mouth herpes on to Morrissey.

Ringleader of the Tormentors is a great album. I don't see the problem. "Boy Yappy" is worth the price of admission alone.

I was totally with you there, up until you said "ROTT is a great album."

Alright, I am pissed. I was going tomorrow, and I cannot go on the 8th or 9th due to show conflicts. There goes that, why didnt they say tickets were honorable to the rest of the nights instead of just those? Like it matters how much its worth ya know? and now because another show I was going to on the 11th was cancelled, I can go that night, but I am not going to bother now.

I think Winks is referring to the fact that Ringleader of the Tormentors..well, on the whole, it sucks big fat eggs.

I can admit it. I love Morrissey, but I'm not a sycophant. It's okay to be objective and be a Morrissey fan. Promise.

Ringleader at least doesn't have some god-awful songs like Maladjusted with it's two-subpar singles and blah triology of Papa Jack, Sorrow Will Come In The End, and He Cri-yiii------------------------------------------------EYD

"He Cried" is a work of art.

"Papa Jack" is actually relevant to some of us. (Myself...)

I adore the campy quality of "Sorrow Will Come To You In The End (Mike Joyce, You Worthless Piece of Dogshit)".

I seem to adore all of the albums (and songs) that people slag off. I'm still not sure about "Sweetie Pie", though.

"He Cried" is a work of art.

"Papa Jack" is actually relevant to some of us. (Myself...)

I adore the campy quality of "Sorrow Will Come To You In The End (Mike Joyce, You Worthless Piece of Dogshit)".

I seem to adore all of the albums (and songs) that people slag off. I'm still not sure about "Sweetie Pie", though.

Maladjusted has some Great songs as Does Kill Uncle...but they both also have some of the worst songs he has ever recorded....Ringleader at least doesn't have any terrible songs...

Morrissey obviously didn't think much of He Cried, Papa Jack, and Sorrow since none of them were performed live...just like the dreadful Harsh Truth Of The Camera Eye and Found Found Found....

And can we go one day on this site without some ignorant person who probably wasn't even aware of The Smiths when they were around slagging off Mike Joyce...

It's just getting old...

It is Morrissey's battle...not mine, not any of ours...

LET IT GO

And can we go one day on this site without some ignorant person who probably wasn't even aware of The Smiths when they were around slagging off Mike Joyce...

It's just getting old...

It is Morrissey's battle...not mine, not any of ours...

LET IT GO

I was around... and, as the song says, "oh no..."

I quite like "Found Found Found", too. Oh well, there's no accounting for taste.

Skinner and nugz if you two want to beat me, either one at a time or simultaneously, I'm always game and if all I have to do is predict Morrissey cancellations to get said beatings then that will not be a problem whatsoever.

Expect one more LA cancellation and that Greenville? show may be axed as well....

And I'm now upping the NYC cancellations to 2 vice my original 1.

what do I get now ladies? ;)

I was around... and, as the song says, "oh no..."

I quite like "Found Found Found", too. Oh well, there's no accounting for taste.

Found Found Found and Harsh Truth have decent lyrics...it's just the production and sound that drives them down...in my opinion...

I just get annoyed with all the Anti-Ringleader talk...Personally, I find everything on Ringleader better than "Lifeguard Asleep, Girl Drowning" and "The Lazy Sunbathers"....but that by no means says that Ringleader is anywhere near the brillance of Vauxall And I

I just get annoyed with all the Anti-Ringleader talk...Personally, I find everything on Ringleader better than "Lifeguard Asleep, Girl Drowning" and "The Lazy Sunbathers"....but that by no means says that Ringleader is anywhere near the brillance of Vauxall And I

I agree with this person!!! But you know what, I would listen to Ringleader since it is overall more solid than Vauxhall just because other than Heart is Full, Billy Budd, and Speedway every other track ranges from poor to mediocre to slightly good.

take that ROTT haters!

i like "Found Found Found" it's got a sexy beat

and Trey, ROTT isn't even worthy to wipe Vauxhall's ass. sorry! :cool::p

I agree with this person!!! But you know what, I would listen to Ringleader since it is overall more solid than Vauxhall just because other than Heart is Full, Billy Budd, and Speedway every other track ranges from poor to mediocre to slightly good.

take that ROTT haters!

You're insane...Vauxall has Four Perfect songs...Ringleader doesn't even have one...

The best song on Ringleader is Life Is A Pigsty...and even it borrows Lyrics from "Is It Really So Strange".....

I would take Now My Heart Is Full, The More You Ignore Me, Speedway, and I Am Hated For Loving over anything from Ringleader...

the 'weakest" Vauxall single Hold Onto Your Friends is miles better than any of the Ringleader singles..as much as I like I Just Want To See The Boy Happy, it just is not in the same league as any of them...get it...I Like I Just Want To See The Boy Happy, but it is not by any means a GREAT Song

Back
Top Bottom