Tokyo - Ebisu Garden Hall (May 3, 2012) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

Let Me Kiss You / How Soon Is Now? / Don't Make Fun Of Daddy's Voice / Alma Matters / You Have Killed Me / People Are The Same Everywhere / Shoplifters Of The World Unite / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Speedway / Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me / You're The One For Me, Fatty / When Last I Spoke To Carol / Action Is My Middle Name / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / To Give (The Reason I Live) / Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want / Meat Is Murder / I Will See You In Far Off Places // First Of The Gang To Die / Everyday Is Like Sunday

set list provided by Big Sister Midnight. Link posted by an anonymous person and also TomboJP.

Last edited:
Tokyo Ebisu Garden Hall(May 3, 2012)
1.let me kiss you
2.how soon is now
3.don't make fun of daddy's voice
4.alma matters
5.you have killed me
6.people are the same everywhere
7.shoplifters of the world unite
8.i'm throwing my arms around paris
9.speedway
10.last night i dreamt that somebody loved me
11.you're the one for me fatty
12.when last i spoke to carol
13.action is my middle name
14.ouija board, ouija board
15.to give (the reason i live)
16.please, please, please let me get what i want
17.meat is murder
18.i will see you in far-off places
(encore)
first of the gang to die
everyday is like sunday

http://blogs.dion.ne.jp/atonsdemo/archives/10739709.html

What a show!
Enjoyed it more than Tokyo Zepp.
I was crushed against the rail this time - great experience but I don't know how Julia bears it night after night.

Moz played two encores (First of the Gang and Sunday) which is pretty rare, no?
Also fantastic to hear Shoplifters and Speedway, which weren't played at Zepp. Felt a lot of love for Japan this time. He said a really heartfelt thanks and said it was a great tour, an that he'd come back (as said above).

Oh and I don't know if he'll read this but a MASSIVE thank you to long-time Moz staff member Liam. You helped make my year, Sir.

Daddy's voice! Would love to hear that. I think his voice this tour is better than it's ever been. HSIN? sounds phenomenal, as does YHKM.

Yes, that was great! Always been a favorite 2000s B-side of mine. Got a pretty good response, too. Sang along with that one.

His voice was phenomenally clear and powerful.
One funny moment during Please Please where he stopped singing to let the crowd sing but everyone was so rapt that things just went silent, which made him laugh.

I think changing up the set list each night in Japan made things pretty exciting.

Daddy's voice! Would love to hear that. I think his voice this tour is better than it's ever been. HSIN? sounds phenomenal, as does YHKM.

I was at the front row and really enjoyed 20 songs set. "Don't Make Fun Of Daddy's Voice" was a surprise and a pleasure. Oh, and there were so many highlights,,,HSIN, "Alma Matters" "Shoplifters" "Please" and more! Moz said he would return to Japan. Hope it's not going to be another 10 years of waiting. New deal, new album and next tour sooooooooon!

"There Is A Light That Never Goes Out" were played only at Sendai which had been devastated by last year's earthquake and HIroshima where ,as you know, had been a-bombed. I guess Moz wanted to let people in Sendai and Hiroshima know there always is a hope at the end of long struggle.
At Hiroshima he also sang "I Will See You In Far-Off Places" which includes the line "If the USA doesn't bomb you". He is not afraid of being political. Brave man.

Next time Moz tours Japan, I will try to go as many gigs as I can because everyday-changing setlist is quite intriguing. Again, please don't let us wait for another 10 years!

Oh and I don't know if he'll read this but a MASSIVE thank you to long-time Moz staff member Liam. You helped make my year, Sir.

"I touched you at the soundcheck
You had no real way of knowing
In my heart I begged "Take me with you ...
I don't care where you're going..."'

Happy that you're happy. :)

I was at the front row and really enjoyed 20 songs set. "Don't Make Fun Of Daddy's Voice" was a surprise and a pleasure. Oh, and there were so many highlights,,,HSIN, "Alma Matters" "Shoplifters" "Please" and more! Moz said he would return to Japan. Hope it's not going to be another 10 years of waiting. New deal, new album and next tour sooooooooon!

"There Is A Light That Never Goes Out" were played only at Sendai which had been devastated by last year's earthquake and HIroshima where ,as you know, had been a-bombed. I guess Moz wanted to let people in Sendai and Hiroshima know there always is a hope at the end of long struggle.
At Hiroshima he also sang "I Will See You In Far-Off Places" which includes the line "If the USA doesn't bomb you". He is not afraid of being political. Brave man.

Next time Moz tours Japan, I will try to go as many gigs as I can because everyday-changing setlist is quite intriguing. Again, please don't let us wait for another 10 years!

Nice report, thanks. :)

Hey Kenji,

Were you also in Kawasaki and Tokyo? Also, did you see Morrissey's live in 1991 in Japan? I'll be interested in hearing your experience about it!

ahhhh....he was soooo intimate and sexy! full of emotions.wish i could follow him to korea... is anyone going?

Was there any supporting act?

Did they sell any Moz T-shirts on tour? What prints are they? Cheers!

mbr.

Never supporting acts in Japan.

Yes, black Japan tour shirt with cat-on-head pic and Japan tour dates on back, white with large b&w pic of Morrissey in a barber's chair (might be a Photoshop job but I bought it anyway), black with huge posterized pic of Morrissey's face (worn by tour crew, Moz in "England" t-shirt (photo on recent Glamorous Glue single) etc.

Was there any supporting act?

Did they sell any Moz T-shirts on tour? What prints are they? Cheers!

mbr.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom