"To Wake Up In Heaven With All My Worries Behind Me…" - Morrissey Central (30 June, 2019)

To Wake Up In Heaven With All My Worries Behind Me… - Morrissey Central (30 June, 2019)

full

(The image is identified as scanned and looks to be previously unseen?).
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
But ultimately a good decision.
You might be right. Moz went on to great things. Marr had the odd great spark but didn't set the world on fire. Still, would have been interesting to hear another Smiths album.
The band I really wish had made another few albums is Joy Division. To this day I still feel sad when I think about how Ian ended up. Not pity sad, but sad that it wasn't avoided.

You might be right. Moz went on to great things. Marr had the odd great spark but didn't set the world on fire. Still, would have been interesting to hear another Smiths album.
The band I really wish had made another few albums is Joy Division. To this day I still feel sad when I think about how Ian ended up. Not pity sad, but sad that it wasn't avoided.
I've thought about this a lot. Both about the Smiths and Joy Division. I ended up deciding that both finished when it was good for them to end. Both JD and Smiths have a massive back catalogue for bands that weren't around for long. The magic is flawless and preserved.

I've thought about this a lot. Both about the Smiths and Joy Division. I ended up deciding that both finished when it was good for them to end. Both JD and Smiths have a massive back catalogue for bands that weren't around for long. The magic is flawless and preserved.
They have. JD had two albums and I think Closer was far more accomplished than Unknown Pleasures (both fantastic though). So I always wondered what a 3rd studio album would have been like. I don't mean Still or compilation albums that came after his death.

They have. JD had two albums and I think Closer was far more accomplished than Unknown Pleasures (both fantastic though). So I always wondered what a 3rd studio album would have been like. I don't mean Still or compilation albums that came after his death.
I can imagine a third LP would sound a bit like the last two songs on Closer - in that kind of direction. Moving further away from the punk of Unknown Pleasures and songs like Isolation on Closer. More crooning and slow atmospheric stuff. Less guitar.

Last edited:
With all the erratic posting on Morrissey Central, the word “unhinged” springs to mind.

Maybe Moz has been hitting the sauce pretty hard lately. That would explain the mood swings.

Anyway, I find it all deeply negative, frustrating and extremely lacking in prestige.

What exactly makes Morrissey's behavior "unhinged" as of late?

Well that's revisionism. He didn't run away, he told Morrissey he was worn out, knackered, sick of his shit and badly in need of a holiday. Moz understood all of that but didn't take it seriously until Johnny was out the door. Stupid decision he has regretted all his life.

The "pressure" of being in a band was to much for Johnny so he ran away. He didn't have anyone's back. 0% Stop crying about it.

Supposedly, according to Genesis P-Orridge .....

“the two of us had a plan. Joy Division and Throbbing Gristle were going to play together in Paris, and at the end, Ian and I would announce that we were both quitting our bands to start one together. It was not to be, though.”

So maybe there wouldn’t have been another album after Closer then ?

Then again, guess it would have carried on with the sound of
‘Ceremony’ originally being a Joy Division song and ‘In a lonely place’
also originally a Joy Division song

Were you really the last person to speak to Joy Division's Ian Curtis before he killed himself?

Ian Curtis was a young genius. We were the last person he spoke to on the phone. He said: "I don't want to go on the American tour. I'd rather be dead." He sang our song Weeping – about suicide – down the phone. We were ringing people in Manchester, saying: "You've got to go round to Ian's because he's going to try and kill himself." The people we got through to went, "Oh, he's always being dramatic" and the other people were out. Even now it really upsets me.”

- Genesis P-Orridge

Supposedly, according to Genesis P-Orridge .....

“the two of us had a plan. Joy Division and Throbbing Gristle were going to play together in Paris, and at the end, Ian and I would announce that we were both quitting our bands to start one together. It was not to be, though.”

So maybe there wouldn’t have been another album after Closer then ?

Then again, guess it would have carried on with the sound of
‘Ceremony’ originally being a Joy Division song and ‘In a lonely place’
also originally a Joy Division song

Were you really the last person to speak to Joy Division's Ian Curtis before he killed himself?

Ian Curtis was a young genius. We were the last person he spoke to on the phone. He said: "I don't want to go on the American tour. I'd rather be dead." He sang our song Weeping – about suicide – down the phone. We were ringing people in Manchester, saying: "You've got to go round to Ian's because he's going to try and kill himself." The people we got through to went, "Oh, he's always being dramatic" and the other people were out. Even now it really upsets me.”

- Genesis P-Orridge

I've read the tale by Genesis a lot of times, though I somehow doubt it is true.
Some minutes before his suicide he has the strange idea of phoning Genesis and inform him that he's going to commit suicide, but then before killing himself he decides to sing a song written by Gen on the phone...
It sounds as if the only thing he had forgotten was telling Gen: "and please tell everyone that the epitaph on my tombstone should be 'I was good, but Genesis is amazing' because the idiots will want to write 'Love will tear us apart' or something like that".
He is a great storyteller though!

I've read the tale by Genesis a lot of times, though I somehow doubt it is true.
Some minutes before his suicide he has the strange idea of phoning Genesis and inform him that he's going to commit suicide, but then before killing himself he decides to sing a song written by Gen on the phone...
It sounds as if the only thing he had forgotten was telling Gen: "and please tell everyone that the epitaph on my tombstone should be 'I was good, but Genesis is amazing' because the idiots will want to write 'Love will tear us apart' or something like that".
He is a great storyteller though!

Agree you’re probably right, though I didn’t want to cast doubt on Genesis simply because it does make a good story!

:lbf:

Though the idea of Ian talking to Gen
about wanting to make music that was more experimental to move away from a pop song structure is interesting when one thinks about him dealing with the pressures of his marriage and his illness and the pressure of a looming tour that maybe he really didn’t want to do. I mean, if he thought being an artist that makes stranger music that would relieve some of those pressures somehow. Who knows.

Agree you’re probably right, though I didn’t want to cast doubt on Genesis simply because it does make a good story!

:lbf:

Though the idea of Ian talking to Gen
about wanting to make music that was more experimental to move away from a pop song structure is interesting when one thinks about him dealing with the pressures of his marriage and his illness and the pressure of a looming tour that maybe he really didn’t want to do. I mean, if he thought being an artist that makes stranger music that would relieve some of those pressures somehow. Who knows.

Genesis has amazing stories... they are often not exactly true, but his stories are interesting anyway.

The official story says that he was actually listening to Iggy Pop... but in Genesis' version of the facts, he suddenly enlightened himself just before his death and realized that Genesis was by far better than Iggy.

Anyway... John Cage once wrote that the past must be invented! :p

Yeah, though the story of Ian singing that TG song to him over the phone could have been at a different time, it’s not too unbelievable. But yes, the Idiot
was found on the turntable at the home
where his body was found.

Genesis has amazing stories... they are often not exactly true, but his stories are interesting anyway.

The official story says that he was actually listening to Iggy Pop... but in Genesis' version of the facts, he suddenly enlightened himself just before his death and realized that Genesis was by far better than Iggy.

Anyway... John Cage once wrote that the past must be invented! :p

I've always been moved by Genesis's abiding belief in herself as a cosmic sorceress of immense power whose sigils could cure Derek Jarman of his suffering. The ego is a silly female trickster.

I've always been moved by Genesis's abiding belief in herself as a cosmic sorceress of immense power whose sigils could cure Derek Jarman of his suffering. The ego is a silly female trickster.

They did very interesting things together!
And Jarman managed to create his masterpiece having his death in mind (Blue, of course).
I would be surprised if Genesis simply leaves the stage without a grand finale like Blue or Black Star.

She's probably thinking, "you turn into such a racist twat when you're drinking, Moz." RIP.

Do you ever worry that you would be the perfect candidate to join a David Koresh type cult? You seem to be really easily suggestible. Quick question do you ever get angry with genuinely powerful people as to why your wages haven’t risen significantly in years but house prices mean your children will never own land of their own or have you been programmed to use that energy on spotting people not complying with “new speak” so they can be punished by the authorities? perhaps you spend your energy eviscerating people with plastic bags whilst applauding Elon Musks army of organic solar powered rockets hurtling about the upper atmosphere?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom