"To Wake Up In Heaven With All My Worries Behind Me…" - Morrissey Central (30 June, 2019)

To Wake Up In Heaven With All My Worries Behind Me… - Morrissey Central (30 June, 2019)

full

(The image is identified as scanned and looks to be previously unseen?).
Regards,
FWD.

Last edited by a moderator:
You CAN'T say 'tongue' as it has sexual connotations, and 'gallows' hints that you are in a violent state of mind. Also 'in cheek' has humasexual connotations, especially when used in the same sentence as tongue. Combined, this misuse of language constitutes a thought crime. Computer analysis of your post shows quite clearly that 0.00000000001% of a person may find your words upsetting. Please undergo electric shock therapy at your earliest convenience.
To be accused of thought crime has lost all meaning in 2019 though. I'm merely exercising my right to free speech! Surely you knew what you were getting into when you logged onto Morrissey-solo.com! I can only wonder where your parents are.

Agree you’re probably right, though I didn’t want to cast doubt on Genesis simply because it does make a good story!

:lbf:

Though the idea of Ian talking to Gen
about wanting to make music that was more experimental to move away from a pop song structure is interesting when one thinks about him dealing with the pressures of his marriage and his illness and the pressure of a looming tour that maybe he really didn’t want to do. I mean, if he thought being an artist that makes stranger music that would relieve some of those pressures somehow. Who knows.
I think the main driver was he was married with a young baby girl and wanted to be free with Annik, and he wanted to please everyone, including the band. The night he first attempted suicide JD just got another singer and it turned into a mini riot. I think the band members were incredibly naive or selfish or both. In the end Ian didn't please anyone, probably not even himself.
I think a lot of the people around him were cold and devoid of empathy. Hooky finished his Sunday dinner after hearing the news. I don't know if shock excuses that kind of behaviour.

JD were about to embark on an American tour. Now, is it just me or does 'Joy Division' and 'American tour' not sound right.

A part of Curtis must have realised that, apart from being too psychically difficult, it would have killed the innocence and magic of the band also.

I feel it was the Queen is Dead US tour that hammered the final nails into the Smiths. Strangeways has a kind of fatal sound to it, despite the Smiths insisting how much they enjoyed themselves in the studio etc. It somehow sounds like a final album.

As far as I'm aware I Keep Mine Hidden was the last song they ever recorded. That brings this fatal sound even further. In the final bars the descending chords on the piano and a guitar that almost sounds out of tune, like a band finally grinding to a halt. Good song though.

Last edited:
They have. JD had two albums and I think Closer was far more accomplished than Unknown Pleasures (both fantastic though). So I always wondered what a 3rd studio album would have been like. I don't mean Still or compilation albums that came after his death.

Peter Hook is playing both albums live at Manchester Apollo and Brixton Academy next May, should be a couple of fantastic nights.

I grew up in Stretford only about a kilometer from where Moz lived during the 80's. I was a huge Smiths fan, but I also know dozens of people who knew him personally both before and post fame. He has always been regarded as a selfish slightly cruel c***. So didn't change, was always so. He loves and respects those that adore him unflinchingly, as do all dictators. So was a c***, is a c***, will remain a c***

Peter Hook is playing both albums live at Manchester Apollo and Brixton Academy next May, should be a couple of fantastic nights.
Fantastic bass player. Terrible singer. A bit like Johnny Marr and Bernard Butler. But yah I'd love to be there. BUT I have New Order to look forward to on Sunday night!

Fantastic bass player. Terrible singer. A bit like Johnny Marr and Bernard Butler. But yah I'd love to be there. BUT I have New Order to look forward to on Sunday night!
At the Portsmouth festival?

Peter Hook may be performing in his own tribute band, but I'd take his vocals over Barney's dad dancing attempts at JD any day.

I grew up in Stretford only about a kilometer from where Moz lived during the 80's. I was a huge Smiths fan, but I also know dozens of people who knew him personally both before and post fame. He has always been regarded as a selfish slightly cruel c***. So didn't change, was always so. He loves and respects those that adore him unflinchingly, as do all dictators. So was a c***, is a c***, will remain a c***
At last someone who knows what he's talking about and as a swede going there everyone told me the same story. You forgot to add locals were a bit afraid of him for sitting alone in the corner of the pub muttering about killing the queen. I noticed that no one around Stretford had anything nice to say about him at all and many even seemed to realise he became a famous pop singer and it was as if they could not care less.

A lot of ticket touts around Old Trafford knew his family through their family and it always started the weirdest discussions like "oh yeah him the loner nah no one liked him".

It always made me feel so much better about being a fan but those locals also knew from an early age that he was a homosexual so any Moz fan would be called gay including me with my swedish blonde hair but it just made me laugh.

This older man always recognised me in the pub when I was there going on about me being a Moz fan and saying things like "there is no shame in being gay" and "you've left the closet yet". Lovely banter and how I miss those people and I even saw one of them in Solna at the 2017 Europa League Final and he spotted me first.

JD were about to embark on an American tour. Now, is it just me or does 'Joy Division' and 'American tour' not sound right.

A part of Curtis must have realised that, apart from being too psychically difficult, it would have killed the innocence and magic of the band also.

I feel it was the Queen is Dead US tour that hammered the final nails into the Smiths. Strangeways has a kind of fatal sound to it, despite the Smiths insisting how much they enjoyed themselves in the studio etc. It somehow sounds like a final album.

As far as I'm aware I Keep Mine Hidden was the last song they ever recorded. That brings this fatal sound even further. In the final bars the descending chords on the piano and a guitar that almost sounds out of tune, like a band finally grinding to a halt. Good song though.
Always felt the same and good to know there are more people with that kind of thinking out there. America always seemed to kill the mystery somehow.

Kirsty is a copy of an old colleagues daughter but the daughter is a mother and fat as hell now. But her mother was always fat too but when men grabbed her tits at work or wherever she went "go on squeeze them good and proper".

Swedes......

At last someone who knows what he's talking about and as a swede going there everyone told me the same story. You forgot to add locals were a bit afraid of him for sitting alone in the corner of the pub muttering about killing the queen. I noticed that no one around Stretford had anything nice to say about him at all and many even seemed to realise he became a famous pop singer and it was as if they could not care less.

A lot of ticket touts around Old Trafford knew his family through their family and it always started the weirdest discussions like "oh yeah him the loner nah no one liked him".

It always made me feel so much better about being a fan but those locals also knew from an early age that he was a homosexual so any Moz fan would be called gay including me with my swedish blonde hair but it just made me laugh.

This older man always recognised me in the pub when I was there going on about me being a Moz fan and saying things like "there is no shame in being gay" and "you've left the closet yet". Lovely banter and how I miss those people and I even saw one of them in Solna at the 2017 Europa League Final and he spotted me first.
*Not realise

Gen has become a jaded New Yorker who wears Fila trainers and fetishizes Taylor Swift, so, yes there will be no forthcoming masterpiece. Truly a lovely decaying breathing thinking zygote. I learned a lot after a sustained period of immersive study into the catalogue.

I don't think so!

... not really the kind of persons who leaves the stage without delivering a last surprise.

I'm just saying she wears trainers !

Genesis' clothes are often absurd... and s/he is like a tiny dwarf with grotesque eyes... and s/he is beyond insane... and most of her stories are not really related to anything that resembles the truth (Ian phoning him to sing a song by him before killing himself? really?)... But the whole point is:

psychick-chic-1413460283921.jpeg

Several years ago, I bought some of her work at an art show because she'd fallen on hard economic times. I promptly gifted them to a friend who collects art. It's the best I could do.

I like his art. She is often close to Fluxus.... which is a thumbs up for me.
Do you really think s/he will simply leave without a final surprise? Not her style at all!

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom