To those of you looking for soundboard gigs

Stephane

Pashernate member
Because I often see requests here or by email for lists of soundboard concerts, I made a few changes to "Passions Just Like Mine" to accommodate such requests.

From now on, on the bootlegs (unofficial recordings) pages for both the Smiths and Morrissey, if you choose in the audio section 'concerts by date', you'll reach a page where all dates are listed with a code for the best available recording in circulation for each one. Soundboard, FM and excellent audience recordings are all in bold and easy to spot. Links are available from each date for further information about the gig, track listing and bootlegs available.

If you are a collector of live recordings, you are welcome to have a look and comment on any interesting improvement I could add. Before doing so, please have a look at the notes at the beginning of the page. You need to keep in mind that this is an overview only, I list the best recording for each date, and second or third bests only if they feature music not featured in the first. For complete information on all recordings, you need to go to the respective gig page by following the link.

I also only list was is circulated among traders and on the internet. If someone somewhere has recorded the show but is not sharing it, it won't be mentioned.

I split the audience recordings in three levels of quality. Excellent, poor and everything in between. I could have split the middle class into more, but this is easier and people tend to collect the very best, or everything but the unlistenable, so it would be pointless to be more detailed. Some people might have preferred scores, but it's hard to agree on information that precise.

So you're welcome to compare your collection to what is up there and report anything lacking or incorrect, or make any suggestion on how I could improve this.

Stephane

hey stephane, thank you for that amazing site .. it's often been a great help.

i have noticed that there are no comments about the dec 2006 esch (luxembourg) show ... there actually is a pretty decent bootleg (no soundboard though) of that show surfing the world wide web.

:D Your site is a great reference......excellent job.

Thanks so much Stephane! :)

you have the best and most comprehensive site out there. very, very, well done. thank you!

i have noticed that there are no comments about the dec 2006 esch (luxembourg) show ... there actually is a pretty decent bootleg (no soundboard though) of that show surfing the world wide web.

I'm not there yet in writing the tour reviews and checking bootlegs. Those things are a lot of work but It will eventually be done.

Stephane

I have always wondered how does one obtain a soundboard recording...I mean the original. How do you approach the soundboardist and ask him/her to hook up your recorder to their system? And why would they even bother to accomodate you.

Just curious.

I have always wondered how does one obtain a soundboard recording...I mean the original. How do you approach the soundboardist and ask him/her to hook up your recorder to their system? And why would they even bother to accomodate you.

Just curious.

sometimes $$$$$ will work for ya! or you might happen to know the sound engineers and they will either let you hook up to one of their out feeds or record the shows themselves.

Stephanes site is the second most regular one i visit, and have done since the year dot. I, and the whole Morrissey community, are glad you decided to keep it going Stephane!

Deano

Back
Top Bottom