To Mersey Rail and THAT Record Store by Fiona Dodwell - Tremr

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anonymous, May 25, 2019.

By Anonymous on May 25, 2019 at 4:57 PM
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2019
    • Like Like x 2

Comments

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anonymous, May 25, 2019.

1. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Except, it's not.
    2. Ketamine Sun
      Ketamine Sun
      Nah, folks need to get their act together
      and go after the real evil, which is not Morrissey FFS.
      • Like Like x 1
    3. sdavenport666
      sdavenport666
      She fancies herself a writer, but she's got her tongue lapping at Morrissey's arse 24/7. Everyone nobody with a blog thinks themselves a professional writer. She little different than the turds on this site who mindlessly defend Morrissey's every despicable utterance.
      • Like Like x 1
    4. Uncleskinny
      Uncleskinny
      Could you share some examples?
    5. vegan cro spirit 333
      vegan cro spirit 333
      :straightface:

this i got to see.
      two nutters giving examples to each other:crazy:

[​IMG]
    6. Stephen Hofmann
      • Like Like x 1
      • Interesting Interesting x 1
    7. Anonymous
      Anonymous

Go on ... check how far and wide the book was banned. Not difficult. Check.
    8. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      I think your points seem scattergun and inconsistent. Your central argument seems to be Morrissey has done nothing wrong by endorsing For Britain and that he doesn't deserve the backlash.

The backlash is palpable whether you agree with it or not. Hus next UK tour, if there ever is one, will be a muted affair.
    9. TonyMaroneythePony
      TonyMaroneythePony
    10. scumbag
      scumbag
      I could also say that’s a predictable response. Refusing to play a venue that serves dead animals for food hardly limits anyone’s free speech. There are unlimited carnivore options just down the road. Unless you’re going to claim that selling people dead animals to eat at a gig is somehow positive - or even neutral - that isn’t much of an argument.

Saying that “X does Y and I dislike that, it’s just like A doing B” presents a false equivalency. Meat is murder, after all. And there are many meaty options outside the concert hall. Also, a false equivalency that avoids dealing honestly with the question of censorship ignores the question initially posed. The answer to that question is still: Censorship is the prevention of free speech. Censorship is only censorship. It’s the antithesis of free speech.

The notion that opposition to censorship, opposition to serving dead animals as food, and opposition to belief systems that oppress women and minorities violently are alt-right positions amounts to ignorance dressed up as righteousness. Please educate yourself about the meat industry. And organized religion. And what the actual alt-right actually stands for. Casting a person as alt-right without factual evidence is libel. By evidence, I mean something more than strong feeling based on buzzwords from secondary sources.
      Last edited: May 27, 2019
      • Like Like x 1
      • Dislike Dislike x 1
    11. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      The reaction to this makes me think that Moz is right - right to have and speak his own mind, right to stand up for freedom of speech and expression - even though it will undoubtedly have an impact on his career and his music sales - and right to fight the establishment. He always was and always will be a punk at heart. True to his ideals to the last...
      • Like Like x 2
    12. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      A muted affair? Mate, it's over. Moz will never play in the UK again. That's the real tragedy of all this.
    13. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      the uk album charts are out. he is not in the top100
    14. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      You'll have to wait until this Friday mate. As California Son was only released 4 days ago.

It'll chart top 10 no problem.
    15. vegan cro spirit 333
      vegan cro spirit 333

CHECK CHECK CHECK!!:swear:swear
      GO ON CHECK:drama:

:crazy:

you can buy it in about a second FFS:crazy:
    16. vegan cro spirit 333
      vegan cro spirit 333
      CHECK CHECK CHECK !!!:swear
      CHECK AGAIN:swear!!

:crazy:
    17. Anonymous
      Anonymous
    18. Surface
      Surface
    19. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      No it won't. If I know the UK charts, and I fucking do, then the Spice Girls'll be number one. Morrissey'll be number 3.
    20. Surface
      Surface
      Spice girls are nowhere to be seen in Amazon best sellers, Lewis Capaldi is still number 1 on there with Morrissey sitting a number 7?