To meat eat or not ot meat eat?

Should I go veggie?

• Total voters

Mclenarr

ignore this thread i was just on a whim!

Last edited:
This has been done to death here, it really has. Why not have a search through the forums first?

Peter

Do it if you want to, don't if you don't, it's only food, and it's not like you can't go back on it. I wouldn't worry about what Morrissey thinks though...

I'm thinking of going veggie. Here's a list of the for's and against
For
-Now i've started to think about what meat eating actually is it's making me feel a bit sick to my stomach
-Morrissey's a veggie and he'd like me more if we met and it'd mean i'm more of a proper fan
-It'd make me feel more moral and decent and give me the moral authority to argue for a more decent caring world by supporting the outlawing of carnivore activity
-It'd be fun to play about with recepies

Against
-It's not really me, my hearts not in it 'cause i'm just not that caring a person
-Hitler was a veggie so it doesn't mean that 'cause you care about animals you're necessarily going to become a nicer person and even if you did you might become a preachy prig or an intoloerant harridan like Linda Mccartney
-I've liked eating meat for the past nearly 40 yrs and would probably miss is
-The fly hypocrisy! By that I mean i actually worry about being a hynpcrite 'cause if i drive or go in a car i'm putting my selfish interest infront of that of an animal, a fly, that would get killed!! I'm actually quite serious about that, as an e.g it's a bit silly but the principal is a point of hypocrisy that meat eaters can use against animal rights proponents

It begins in the heart.....

I remember wanting to not eat meat when I was three. My grandparents had taken me to a pettting farm to feed the lambs etc. They would take me home and dish up lamb stew or rabbit casserole.

I wanted to be a veggie but waited till i was twelve and considered old enough to know my own mind.

The fact you need our opinion suggests you're heart isn't in it.

If you're going to carry on eating meat just make sure its not factory farmed,is free range and however short its life has at least felt the sun on its back.

It begins in the heart.....

I remember wanting to not eat meat when I was three. My grandparents had taken me to a pettting farm to feed the lambs etc. They would take me home and dish up lamb stew or rabbit casserole.

I wanted to be a veggie but waited till i was twelve and considered old enough to know my own mind.

The fact you need our opinion suggests you're heart isn't in it.

If you're going to carry on eating meat just make sure its not factory farmed,is free range and however short its life has at least felt the sun on its back.

I don't trust my own mind...it's a loada shit really! It's never done hardly anything for me!!

do it. no questions. just do it. you'll be thankful.

your cons are pathetic, especially the second one.

do it. no questions. just do it. you'll be thankful.

your cons are pathetic, especially the second one.

No, i'm not going to. I'm just going out on a whim. My hearts not in it and theres all kinds of little dilemas like whether to feed the dog animals or whether it's right to drink milk etc etc etc
I don't know why Hitler was a veggie, i'm gonna go google it, but if, like me, you are or are thinking about vegertarianism for moral reasons it does, or could really undermine the case!! Well, that's what my mind tells me! And i'm not trying to be sarcaastic or anything!!

There's a wiki entry on Hitlers vegitarianism which is very interesting.
Here's a few snippets

First off just about the most tragi-comic thing i think i've ever come across in my life:

The vegetarianism of Adolf Hitler is thought to have been based on Richard Wagner's anti-Semitic historical theories
And from Goebles diary:
"An extended chapter of our talk was devoted by the Führer to the vegetarian question. He believes more than ever that meat-eating is harmful to humanity. Of course he knows that during the war we cannot completely upset our food system. After the war, however, he intends to tackle this problem also. Maybe he is right. Certainly the arguments that he adduces in favor of his standpoint are very compelling."[10]

and on a broader point:
There is also a question as to whether or not Hitler's state policies supported vegetarianism. It is claimed by British Vegetarian society that Hitler persecuted and closed German vegetarian organizations and associations like "Vegetarier-Bund Deutschlands” (closed by Nazis in 1936).
However, this is due to Nazi's blanket ban on any independent society and not to do with any hostility toward vegetarianism, which Hitler personally endorsed. "Vegetarier-Bund Deutschlands" only started its legal activities after the Nazis lost World War II in 1945.[

are you f***ing kidding me? because ONE person had contradictory characteristics means that the rest of us can't do any of those things? i'll bet hitler liked movies and music as well....better not do any of that anymore. :confused::rolleyes: please explain how the hell that could "undermine the case"

are you f***ing kidding me? because ONE person had contradictory characteristics means that the rest of us can't do any of those things? i'll bet hitler liked movies and music as well....better not do any of that anymore. :confused::rolleyes: please explain how the hell that could "undermine the case"

Hitler loved Wagner. Doesn't stop me being a Wagnerite. Hitler loved films and would watch them obsessively. Doesn't stop me watching films. Hitler was vegetarian. So am I. Ergo, I am Hitler...

Well i was thinking if Hitler was a veggie 'cause he belived it was morally wrong for people to eat meat and that he was trying to set an example that if we didn't eat animals we'd be a more caring species and learn to respect and care about each other more. From that goebels diary entry that seems to be what Hitler thought! So, that undermines any argument that caring about animals makes you a better person than a carnivore.
It's like the arguement for communism is undermined by all the crap that Stalin did.
It doesn't of course mean that all veggies are like Hitler, it just undermines the general philosophy!!

Who cares whether Hitler was a vegetarian? He was probably nice to his mom, too.

Try it if you want. Even if you eat less meat, you'll still have helped animals, helped the environment, and helped yourself. The environmental and dietary reasons for reducing how much animal flesh you eat are as compelling as the moral ones. You might find it's surprisingly easy, I did. Just do a little research and make sure you understand what to eat to get adequate protein and iron. It's not hard to compensate, but a lot of people don't and they get run down and go back.

I say try it for a while and see if you can do it. When you think about it after taking the meat out of most dishes (except for like, steak) it's still really great food with substance.
And plus, even if you're not vegetarian, you can still play around with ingredients in recipes. Eggplant is a fantastic substitute for meat in some dishes and holds a lovely delicious flavor on it's own.

The main reason why I'm not vegetarian is because I love Korean (or anything "foreign") food too much. (and try going to Korea and limiting yourself to vegetarian only. Even the national dish, Kimchi, which is basically just spicy fermented cabbage, is made with fish sauce.) But it's still really important to recognize the stuff all the other great foods can bring to the table. I've recently found how much I adore beans, and how versatile they are. And it's important to realize that you do not need meat in every meal. There are plenty of equally filling and nutritious foods out there.

Last edited:
Tags
baby seals <3 cheeseburger cows revenge! nugz luvs dmb nugz luvs phish
Back
Top Bottom