Morrissey Central "To Be Right But Not To Be Believed" (April 25, 2020)

New Message from Moz:

"During this fascinating period of Big Brother conformism … otherwise known as Kung Flu, a lot of people have adopted Everyday Is Like Sunday as the summing-up of our times. I like all of the clips, but this one particularly :

The constant question I hear is 'why don't the label re-issue the song?', and of course, you might as well ask me why the universe is made up of matter but not antimatter. In fact, THAT question is easier to answer."

-Morrissey, 25 April, in the year 2525.

New Message from Moz:

"During this fascinating period of Big Brother conformism … otherwise known as Kung Flu, a lot of people have adopted Everyday Is Like Sunday as the summing-up of our times. I like all of the clips, but this one particularly :

The constant question I hear is 'why don't the label re-issue the song?', and of course, you might as well ask me why the universe is made up of matter but not antimatter. In fact, THAT question is easier to answer."

-Morrissey, 25 April, in the year 2525.

I love that in the middle of all this he's making queeny jibes about his record company.

Nerves of steel.

Last edited by a moderator:
By the way, Brandon Flowers is a homo. Which is ok. I know because I know. Yes I am gay as a goose and all knowing. We exist. Don't question me.

Big Brother conformism? f*** right off. Entitled arseholes pretending the state is oppressing them when people are dying in their thousands.

Just f*** off.

Brandon Flowers really should really never cover the Smiths again. Ever. Even though he does an uncanny very convincing version of TCM. I pray Johnny can avoid him now. Please Johnny. Sorry off topic. Cheap speed.

“Big Brother conformism”: absolutely, categorically, unequivocally correct. As usual.

Attempting to profit from a global pandemic? Surely not. :rolleyes:

“Big Brother conformism”: absolutely, categorically, unequivocally correct. As usual.

His parents are in their mid-80s, maybe the big rebel should 'refuse to conform' and see how they cope? What an idiot.

Go outside then Morrissey,
you arsehole,
pop to the supermarket,
or for a jog.
Help out in the community,
Of course not.
You're cowering inside,
fishing desperately for publicity.
Doing nothing to help or aid anyone,
out to promote yourself
and your lame brain song.
You inhuman piece of crap.
Why are thousands upon thousand
of beautiful people worldwide
taken away from family and friends,
whilst you are left on earth to post your shameful self promoting garbage.
That's the question.
You show your ugly colours
very clearly in these times.
You f***ing disgrace.

Come on Moz fans - step up to the plate and back your hero in not bowing to the state, why don't you all get out there and transport as much infective agent as you can? After all, you come first, and f*** everyone else, right? Don't be a conformist, do what Moz says.

Last edited:
It’s a huge song, with nearly 40M listens on Spotify, but a reissue won’t make it chart.
Unless someone covers it, preferably some 99 year old ;)

The constant question I hear is 'why don't the label re-issue the song?', and of course, you might as well ask me why the universe is made up of matter but not antimatter.
Oh God, this has exactly the same vibe as when he tried to exploit the Paris tragedy to get a hit record. I can only imagine the snotty behind the scens emails that are flying back and forth to EMI. Please stop Morrissey, it is so tasteless. Any of 'the kids' who want to hear 'Every Day is Like Sunday' can already stream/dlownload it from whatever platform they like. Printing up a few thousand copies on vinyl isn't going to get you a No 1 single.

Come on Moz fans - step up to the plate and back your hero in not bowing to the state, why don't you all get out there and transport as much infective agent as you can? After all, you come first, and f*** everyone else, right? Don't be a conformist, do what Moz says.
You silly sausage.

It's all the wee things that creep in, like the police looking in your shopping bag to see you've been out for essentials, or everyone clapping at 8pm on a Thursday, or the NHS becoming a charity case.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom