Morrissey Central "To Be Right But Not To Be Believed" (April 25, 2020)

New Message from Moz:

"During this fascinating period of Big Brother conformism … otherwise known as Kung Flu, a lot of people have adopted Everyday Is Like Sunday as the summing-up of our times. I like all of the clips, but this one particularly :

The constant question I hear is 'why don't the label re-issue the song?', and of course, you might as well ask me why the universe is made up of matter but not antimatter. In fact, THAT question is easier to answer."

-Morrissey, 25 April, in the year 2525.

I do all of those things and then some. It's not like I spend any significant time poring over the entire internet working myself into a frenzy. It's a mix of schadenfreude, salacious horror, and rooting for the underdog to come to their senses and atone, though I've given up on the last one.

I've said for a while now that I'm only here for the car crash.
It could be Taylor Swift going off the rails and I'd still read with bemusement. Why? Because I'm only human.
Sorry, perhaps it's my issue, but I just don't get it. I don't like Coldplay, but the thought of visiting a site dedicated to Chris Martin just to post negative comments has never once crossed my mind. I just don't care enough. So you (and many others) investing time to endlessly criticize Morrissey, when you must know it has absolutely no impact upon him in anyway at all, is all rather bizarre. I get that Skinny has a few problems, that's been obvious to most rational people for years, but you seem both sane and adjusted (see what I did there?) - why bother? Why care? It literally means nothing.

It is now, and always was all about the money. He is absolutely shameless.
I know this is a drum you beat a lot...to the point of undermining your argument...but IF it was all about the money, wouldn't he just phone Johnny and reform The Smiths? It would be easy enough (don't tell me Johnny would turn it down) and he could make countless millions for what, 10, 12 gigs following in the footsteps of The Stone Roses. At the last estimate he had £30 million in the bank. No ex-wives, no children (the reason why Bob Dylan, The Stones et al carry on) - how much money do you think he needs? I really think you need a new argument as this one is both boring and incorrect. Stay safe.

Yes I am sure a record label will release a single that no one can physically go out and buy - but can download it at anytime they want to.
Ridiculoua

I know this is a drum you beat a lot...to the point of undermining your argument...but IF it was all about the money, wouldn't he just phone Johnny and reform The Smiths? It would be easy enough (don't tell me Johnny would turn it down) and he could make countless millions for what, 10, 12 gigs following in the footsteps of The Stone Roses. At the last estimate he had £30 million in the bank. No ex-wives, no children (the reason why Bob Dylan, The Stones et al carry on) - how much money do you think he needs? I really think you need a new argument as this one is both boring and incorrect. Stay safe.

Johnny would turn it down.

Big Brother conformism? f*** right off. Entitled arseholes pretending the state is oppressing them when people are dying in their thousands.

Just f*** off.
Thousands of people die every day. Every study shows this virus has no greater death rate than a slightly above normal flu. Bit this virus is being used to promote authoritarianism, and greater social control and surveillance. It’s all about power, not health and safety.

Morrissey acts like such a "redpilled" boomer, it's unbearable. The only thing more embarrassing than his internet persona are the pro-bono PR agents like Nerak. Vomit.

Come on Moz fans - step up to the plate and back your hero in not bowing to the state, why don't you all get out there and transport as much infective agent as you can? After all, you come first, and f*** everyone else, right? Don't be a conformist, do what Moz says.
Somewhere between reality and the official story lies a discernible and implementable truth.

I do all of those things and then some. It's not like I spend any significant time poring over the entire internet working myself into a frenzy. It's a mix of schadenfreude, salacious horror, and rooting for the underdog to come to their senses and atone, though I've given up on the last one.

I've said for a while now that I'm only here for the car crash.
It could be Taylor Swift going off the rails and I'd still read with bemusement. Why? Because I'm only human.

Or maybe it's just because you're a wanker?

I know this is a drum you beat a lot...to the point of undermining your argument...but IF it was all about the money, wouldn't he just phone Johnny and reform The Smiths?
I don't think it's all about the money (though that helps) - it's the constant need to be adored, to be recognised and praised, and above all - an over-ridng obsession to have a chart hit. "A murderous desire for love", as his own lyrics put it. Even a casual reading of 'Autobiography' will make this obsession clear. I'm sure everyone has this need to be loved to a certain extent, but with Morrissey it seems to be so narcissistic and self-centered that I am convinced he has some kind of Aspergers or is somewhere on the autistic spectrum - I don't think it even occurs to him that using a tragedy as a means to get a hit single is a tasteless and crass thing to do. As for the Smiths - that would mean having to share some of the limelight and adoration with Johnny and the band, which would never do. Morrissey is at the centre of his universe, the one who must be adored, and always must be so.

Come on Moz fans - step up to the plate and back your hero in not bowing to the state, why don't you all get out there and transport as much infective agent as you can? After all, you come first, and f*** everyone else, right? Don't be a conformist, do what Moz says.
How come Sweden and Australia are doing quite well without total lockdown Professor?

Population density may play a part. The UK has 274 people per square km, Sweden 23 and Australia 3.
And NZ? 1500 cases, 19 deaths and of those no-one under 60 and only 2 under 70. How deadly is it? I also assume England's population density gets bumped up by London.

I have been thinking about it:

"why the universe is made up of matter but not antimatter?"... I think I know it:

Antimatter is simply the same thing than matter, but the electrical charges are inverted...
IF the Universe that we know was made up of antimatter, then the official name of the antimatter would be "matter", whilst the thing we call matter would be known as "antimatter".

I thought about it whilst I was cooking pasta with tomatoes and I was glad that I found the answer.
Now you can go on with your usual discussions.

And NZ? 1500 cases, 19 deaths and of those no-one under 60 and only 2 under 70. How deadly is it? I also assume England's population density gets bumped up by London.

Low density again? 18 people per square km.

There are many possible factors, not solely population density.

NZ & Aus reacted to covid-19 much quicker than the UK; NZ in particular brought in some of the toughest restrictions in the world on travel and activity early on in the pandemic, when it only had a few dozen cases. It closed its borders, started enforcing quarantine of all arrivals in the country, brought in a stringent lockdown and mounted an extensive testing and contact tracing operation.

Beaches, waterfronts and playgrounds were shut on 26 March, as were offices and schools. Bars and restaurants were also closed, including for takeaway and delivery.

Low density again? 18 people per square km.
No im talking about in a decent sampling of 1500 cases we have zero deaths under 60 and only 2 under 70. You know what I call that? The flu.

There are many possible factors, not solely population density.

NZ & Aus reacted to covid-19 much quicker than the UK; NZ in particular brought in some of the toughest restrictions in the world on travel and activity early on in the pandemic, when it only had a few dozen cases. It closed its borders, started enforcing quarantine of all arrivals in the country, brought in a stringent lockdown and mounted an extensive testing and contact tracing operation.

Beaches, waterfronts and playgrounds were shut on 26 March, as were offices and schools. Bars and restaurants were also closed, including for takeaway and delivery.
Yeah for da f***en flu. Give me Aussie or Swedens approach any day of the week over ours.

Back
Top Bottom