Tim's Twitter Listening Party - "The Queen is Dead" with Mike Joyce (Sep. 12, 2020)

• Thread starter Deleted member 29235
  • Start date
On Saturday September 12th at 9pm, Tim Burgess's #TimsTwitterListeningParty will feature 'The Queen is Dead,' with commentary by Mike Joyce.

Posted by Nobody of importance:

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but here is a replay of the listening party in case you missed it live and want to read the tweets as you listen to the record.

Last edited by a moderator:
Joyce > Mozzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzznnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnit

🤒
Keep the 👁 on FH Mike for when he tries to flog gummy Moz based cheap merchandise on there.:blushing:
anything but honest work for Flathead.:package:

Yes, please.

Not that anyone would wish to interupt the drum solo. As some twit points out, it is "Mike's album"...

Not that anyone would wish to interupt the drum solo. As some twit points out, it is "Mike's album"...

Well, it's 25% of their studio discography.

The Operation intro > The Queen Is Dead intro.

But that could be just me...

Twitter? This is going to be a car-crash. Every other comment will be from someone complaining that Morrissey is a right-wing bellend, and that the band should be cancelled.

Yes, please.

I wish Sam would get one or two comments out of Moz & either quote tweet Tim on the relevant song or tweet them using the hashtag.

Grab some attention, damnit.

Sadly, I think if Morrissey did supply any quotes, they would either be:
1)Moaning about Rough Trade, Geoff Travis, not getting enough airplay and not getting high enough chart positions for the album/singles.
2)How his solo work in the last 5 years is so much better.

I can't really see him saying anything positive, or informative, about the Smiths. There was little enough of that in Autobiography.

I wish Sam would get one or two comments out of Moz & either quote tweet Tim on the relevant song or tweet them using the hashtag.

Grab some attention, damnit.
I honestly think Morrissey couldn't care less about a Twitter listening party co-hosted by Mike Joyce.

I know. But he should have someone pestering a couple of anecdotes out of him while he's trying to watch a film.

Well...

There's a Johnny Mills movie on that night.

Followed by "I'm All Right Jack" {British Lion, 1959}

Channel 81 on your council telly.

So...

Apropos of anything ~

When í was a kid, í thought Love would feel like this...

Morrissey Marr lounge.jpg

ps ~ these are the only fellas that should be talking about "The Queen is Dead".

Woah Nellie.

Never seen that before. Any clue as to when/why/who/how.. ? Not asking much í know.

19 March 1984, Sheffield, tour souvenir film.
Some of that footage was also used in the Sire How Soon Is Now? video.

M&Mguitar.gif

19 March 1984, Sheffield, tour souvenir film.
Some of that footage was also used in the Sire How Soon Is Now? video.

View attachment 58975

Ah, didn't realise that was from same Grant Showbiz footage. í've seen the above 'backstage' stuff many times, but not the lounging part.

Looked like they were just round at Johnny's, after a slap-up tea and an episode of "Rent-a-Ghost"...

Too cute to cry.

Ah, didn't realise that was from same Grant Showbiz footage. í've seen the above 'backstage' stuff many times, but not the lounging part.

Looked like they were just round at Johnny's, after a slap-up tea and an episode of "Rent-a-Ghost"...

Too cute to cry.

Well, I could be wrong but I remember tracking down the backstage footage after seeing these snippets for the first time and I'm pretty sure the lounging bit was in there too. Along with Moz strumming Johnny's Gibson on that same couch.

MozGuitar.gif

Well, I could be wrong but I remember tracking down the backstage footage after seeing these snippets for the first time and I'm pretty sure the lounging bit was in there too. Along with Moz strumming Johnny's Gibson on that same couch.

View attachment 58976

maybe just maybe, Morrissey thought it might be a good idea if he played guitar live on some songs?

Tags
#timstwitterlisteningparty mike joyce the queen is dead

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom