Tim's Twitter Listening Party - "The Queen is Dead" with Mike Joyce (Sep. 12, 2020)

• Thread starter Deleted member 29235
  • Start date
On Saturday September 12th at 9pm, Tim Burgess's #TimsTwitterListeningParty will feature 'The Queen is Dead,' with commentary by Mike Joyce.

Posted by Nobody of importance:

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but here is a replay of the listening party in case you missed it live and want to read the tweets as you listen to the record.

Last edited by a moderator:

Might be worth a listen - some of the recent listening parties have revealed little nuggets of information.
Regards,
FWD.

Most of the Tims Listening Parties I’ve joined have been great fun and obviously I anticipated a Smiths one at some point, hopefully Steven Street or evening (unlikely) Marr and Rourke could comment every now and then.
However, it will likely be filled by know it all commentators trotting our the same old “shame he turned into a racist dick” “this music was why I love the band, not Moz!” stuff instead of appreciating the art at hand.

I'm already anticipating the unbearable Dave Haslam chipping in with his unwanted two pennies worth. Apparently, he used to be Morrissey's friend, you know.

"Art-hounds look like nothing..."

I'm already anticipating the unbearable Dave Haslam chipping in with his unwanted two pennies worth. Apparently, he used to be Morrissey's friend, you know.

"Art-hounds look like nothing..."

Ew.

It's probably too much to hope that someone in Moz's team would see it & chip in with a sensational (& entirely non-problematic) revelation about one of the songs.

:pray:

Don't know how old he is but he would have been very young back then I assume?
Wasn’t he born in ‘83 or something? So yeah, too young.

Don't know how old he is but he would have been very young back then I assume?

Just a toddler.

But I'd go ask Moz for a couple of titbits on the songs & then post them on the day using the hashtag or relevant quote tweet.

From the OfficialMoz account & not his own Twitter.

Now this was a great interview with Bernard Butler, as I recall only Johnny's mic was working?? Might listen to it again ahead of the Twitter party. Thanks for the reminder!

í should thank you. in fact, í think í did, in another thread about this twitter party guff, when you mentioned this radio show. í though that í had listened at the time, but turns out í hadn't. It's a blast. A bit slapdash and rough around the edges, but you can feel the Smiths love {well, Johnny joy} throughout. Not much worth saying from Mike after listening to this. Other than what drugs were you on?

That 'satire' was so uncalled for that I've reached this stage:

View attachment 58801

I'm going to take no prisoners.

Get Hamlet on their asses...

í, with wings as swift as meditation or the thoughts of love, may sweep to my revenge.

Saw another bore tweeting out the top 5 'hyper-literate' pop lyricists from the 1980s. Costello, Cole, Partridge etc. When someone suggested Moz? No! 'Total dolt. Marr is a god'. Only wrote songs for 'suicidals'...

Fine. And Andy Partridge is a real nice guy :rolleyes:

Tags
#timstwitterlisteningparty mike joyce the queen is dead

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom