Time to Hire a Songwriter?!

Is it true that someone here has the full concert? And that someone else has the Hollywood Bowl DVD?
That's fine, but silly bragging coupled with a refusal to share really irritates me. Keep it to yourself if you want, but don't make ludicrous jibes and all that childish jazz.

the guy who has the Holywood dvd posted 2 posts above yours. It is Mikael who is unwilling to share the dvd. Igornant nasty basterds such as himself should not be allowed on here. Why even be part of a community or forum if you don't even tend to share to other users? People like him should be instantly disliked by every single member of this forum. I don't understand why anybody would defend such people?

the guy who has the Holywood dvd posted 2 posts above yours. It is Mikael who is unwilling to share the dvd. Igornant nasty basterds such as himself should not be allowed on here. Why even be part of a community or forum if you don't even tend to share to other users? People like him should be instantly disliked by every single member of this forum. I don't understand why anybody would defend such people?

Probably because you're telling us what to do. I'll dislike who I want to dislike, thank you very much. I don't have any particular inclination toward mikael, but you both seem pretty childish. Sure, it doesn't make sense what mikael is trying to achieve by making it known that he has it -- I couldn't very much care about that. But telling us all that we should hate him is just as pointless and petulant. You're not going to see the Hollywood Bowl DVD, I'm not going to see the Hollywood Bowl DVD -- accept it. Sure, it'd be nice, but it isn't going to happen. All these hypotheticals of "well, if I had it, I'd share it" are a waste of your own time. I for one am managing to survive day to day without seeing the DVD -- there's life beyond Morrissey, believe me.

Probably because you're telling us what to do. I'll dislike who I want to dislike, thank you very much. I don't have any particular inclination toward mikael, but you both seem pretty childish. Sure, it doesn't make sense what mikael is trying to achieve by making it known that he has it -- I couldn't very much care about that. But telling us all that we should hate him is just as pointless and petulant. You're not going to see the Hollywood Bowl DVD, I'm not going to see the Hollywood Bowl DVD -- accept it. Sure, it'd be nice, but it isn't going to happen. All these hypotheticals of "well, if I had it, I'd share it" are a waste of your own time. I for one am managing to survive day to day without seeing the DVD -- there's life beyond Morrissey, believe me.

Well said.

Everyone will see the DVD eventually...the release is imminent.

If you want to be technical, isn't any post on here a waste of your time? Also, isn't what is a waste and what is not subjective?

I don't know how many promo copies were released before Morrissey had Warner put the halt on the release...with the lack of copies in circulation, it is safe to assume not many prints made it out alive. Of the prints that are out there, I'm only aware of two ever being up for public sale...both on eBay, with both items removed before the bidding was up...which could either be due to Warner's legal department putting a stop to the illegal sale or both items were sold for a 'buy it now' after the auction had begun.

So, with so few people actually owning a copy, it really isn't hard to believe it hasn't been leaked.

I know this goes against ever fiber of Morrissey's being, but why not simply make it available for download on True-to-You? Charge whatever you like Moz, I'm happy to purchase it.

This belief he holds that he will not do digital downloads direct to fans because they do not fit this preconceived notion of what pop icons do is wildly outdated (see gulp, Coldplay). I know he likes being wooed by the labels and such but if this DVD project is dead, why not release it to fans?

Get over it! I'm sure everyone will have it soon enough! Just don't ask people to leak stuff that isn't theirs to leak. Simple courtesy.

Or go after it on your own with a bit of determenation and I'm sure you'll get it. Then you can decide what to do with it.

Agreed. I've always tried to share bootlegs, concerts, rare b-sides and found that good things come back to me in return.

I don't pretend to understand the hoarder mentality, and I truly don't begrudge someone if they are unwilling or afraid to share an unreleased item. What I think the average Morrissey fan takes offense to is the braggadocio.

As for this idea on the thread that it will never leak, that's just absurd. In this day and age, everything leaks. We'll see it one day most assuredly. If not from a record label cashing in at an opportune time (coinciding with the release of an autobiography perhaps), than a Mr. Reynolds type (the anti-Mikael) will eventually leak it.

Not to belabor the point: but Morrissey could offer it as a digital download tomorrow and while it would not reach a wide audience I know fans like myself would gladly purchase it. Hmmm, I'm thinking an online petition is in order! ;-)

Just a list of your unreleased stuff you have had and leaked would be great. Again, I'm sure this stuff will be leaked eventually.

Agreed. I've always tried to share bootlegs, concerts, rare b-sides and found that good things come back to me in return.

I don't pretend to understand the hoarder mentality, and I truly don't begrudge someone if they are unwilling or afraid to share an unreleased item. What I think the average Morrissey fan takes offense to is the braggadocio.

As for this idea on the thread that it will never leak, that's just absurd. In this day and age, everything leaks. We'll see it one day most assuredly. If not from a record label cashing in at an opportune time (coinciding with the release of an autobiography perhaps), than a Mr. Reynolds type (the anti-Mikael) will eventually leak it.

Not to belabor the point: but Morrissey could offer it as a digital download tomorrow and while it would not reach a wide audience I know fans like myself would gladly purchase it. Hmmm, I'm thinking an online petition is in order! ;-)

Everyone will see the DVD eventually...the release is imminent.

If you want to be technical, isn't any post on here a waste of your time? Also, isn't what is a waste and what is not subjective?

No kidding, I literally Googled the definition of the word "forum" last weekend because I was beginning to think stating an opinion of one's own and not goose stepping along to the ever enthralling: what is Morrissey's favorite flavor of ice cream threads was somehow out of line. Turns out (check this out), a forum is a place where people can gather and share a variety of ideas and opinions! Totally wild, eh?

Keep fighting the good fight and as always: VIVA HATE!

Just a list of your unreleased stuff you have had and leaked would be great. Again, I'm sure this stuff will be leaked eventually.

It's called the "Downloads" section of the Forum. You can feel free to go back years and find the many concerts, albums, and movies I have shared.

I think I have shared more with people on these forums than you. The give me, give me, give me mentallity is pretty tiresome. Make an effort. There is a community on here, believe me. I'm very greatful for it.

So, I missed your response, If you have recordered a ton of shows that I have downloaded (I doubt it), that's great. People like me (yeeeees) and other collectors who spend freaking years and $1000s of hard own bucks for getting rare stuff, the hours looking.... If you do the same and want to be some kind of hero for posting a download, well fair enough. Perhaps it was wrong of me to tease Viva Hate (he/she just cracks me up), I kind of regret it. There is this scene though, where people who make this effort interact, unbeknownst to you. Apparently. I call this a forum.

Oh DAVIE, f*** you!

No kidding, I literally Googled the definition of the word "forum" last weekend because I was beginning to think stating an opinion of one's own and not goose stepping along to the ever enthralling: what is Morrissey's favorite flavor of ice cream threads was somehow out of line. Turns out (check this out), a forum is a place where people can gather and share a variety of ideas and opinions! Totally wild, eh?

Keep fighting the good fight and as always: VIVA HATE!

Oh, sorry, I wasn't aware that telling "every single member of the forum" that they should "instantly dislike" another user just because they won't share something was a progressive sharing of ideas and opinions. But I guess when you feel the need to consume yourself with hatred of a complete stranger, your opinion is always fact, eh? Hard to argue with that logic.

I think I have shared more with people on these forums than you. The give me, give me, give me mentallity is pretty tiresome. Make an effort. There is a community on here, believe me. I'm very greatful for it.

Well, lets have a breakdown of your contributions to the download section as well as Vauxhall95's:

Mikael

some alternate morrissey takes
Started by mikael‎, June 1, 2008 07:00 AM
(You're actually requesting tracks in this thread)

Morrissey intermission music 1991
Started by mikael‎, March 26, 2008 11:01 AM

Vauxhall95

Brighton Rock 2010 DVD Download
Started by Vauxhall95‎, June 7, 2011 12:41 AM

The Queen is Dead (Remastered & Loseless)
Started by Vauxhall95‎, May 12, 2009 04:09 PM

Meat Is Murder (Loseless and Remastered)
Started by Vauxhall95‎, May 12, 2009 10:03 PM

The Smiths - Hatful Of Hollow (1984) [Loseless, Remaster]
Started by Vauxhall95‎, May 14, 2009 10:54 PM

The Smiths - Hatful Of Hollow (1984) [Japan Mini LP 2006 Remaster]
Started by Vauxhall95‎, May 13, 2009 08:43 PM

Strangeways Here We Come (Loseless & Remastered)
Started by Vauxhall95‎, May 12, 2009 08:41 PM

"Refusal at the Pageant" April 8, '09 (FLAC) 2CD
Started by Vauxhall95‎, June 6, 2009 11:52 PM

AUDIO: "Who Put the 'M' in Manchester?"
Started by Vauxhall95‎, June 11, 2009 08:09 PM

Morrissey "It's that Time of the Decade" - Perth, Australia Oct. 10th, 2002
Started by Vauxhall95‎, June 15, 2009 11:20 AM

"Hollywood Bowl" 8 June 2007 Los Angeles (CA)
Started by Vauxhall95‎, June 1, 2009 07:07 PM

"Meat vs Murder @ Coachella" April 17, 2009 (FLAC!)
Started by Vauxhall95‎, June 9, 2009 01:25 AM

VIDEO - 7 April 2006 - 4Music Presents (Channel 4, UK)
Started by Vauxhall95‎, June 9, 2009 10:45 PM

"Half a Person" - Majestic Ventura Theatre, Ventura, CA - Dec. '99
Started by Vauxhall95‎, June 5, 2009 06:01 PM

"Practising Troublemaker" - 17 November 1995
Started by Vauxhall95‎, June 5, 2009 04:06 PM

Morrissey - 2006-08-15 - Paredes de Coura, Portugal (RADIO!)
Started by Vauxhall95‎, June 2, 2009 09:42 PM

My Love Life - Japanese -1991- (WAV LOSELESS)
Started by Vauxhall95‎, May 20, 2009 04:19 PM

"Welcome to the West End" Boxers Era Tour (320kps)
Started by Vauxhall95‎, May 27, 2009 11:43 PM

"House of Blues" July 14, 2004 (FM Radio)
Started by Vauxhall95‎, May 28, 2009 07:57 PM

"Father Morrissey" Bootleg Halloween 2004 (320kps)
Started by Vauxhall95‎, May 27, 2009 08:26 PM

"Harlem Apollo" Poet-in-Residency May 6th, 2004 (320kps)
Started by Vauxhall95‎, May 28, 2009 05:35 AM

Panic in Pauley Pavillion - "Frankly Vulgar"
Started by Vauxhall95‎, June 3, 2009 07:40 PM

Shalom - Moz in Tel Aviv, Israel - July 29th, 2008
Started by Vauxhall95‎, June 2, 2009 09:35 PM

The National, Richmond, VA on March 13, 2009
Started by Vauxhall95‎, June 2, 2009 10:53 AM

An Afternoon with Morrissey
Started by Vauxhall95‎, May 12, 2009 04:05 PM

Shame is the Name - German 320kps version
Started by Vauxhall95‎, February 16, 2009 12:21 AM

I know this goes against ever fiber of Morrissey's being, but why not simply make it available for download on True-to-You? Charge whatever you like Moz, I'm happy to purchase it.

This belief he holds that he will not do digital downloads direct to fans because they do not fit this preconceived notion of what pop icons do is wildly outdated (see gulp, Coldplay). I know he likes being wooed by the labels and such but if this DVD project is dead, why not release it to fans?

He can't release it because he doesn't own the rights to the concert footage. Warner does. Now, technically, if he wanted to he could buy the footage off Warner and release it how he sees fit...but I don't imagine that would be cheap.

Oh, sorry, I wasn't aware that telling "every single member of the forum" that they should "instantly dislike" another user just because they won't share something was a progressive sharing of ideas and opinions. But I guess when you feel the need to consume yourself with hatred of a complete stranger, your opinion is always fact, eh? Hard to argue with that logic.

Who said anything about progressive? :lbf: Are you being progressive here?

The intermission music took me half a year to compile, thank you. Rehashing
things, anyone can do that,

All the stuff you have recordered Personally, A LIST OF THAT WOULD BE SUFFICIENT.

He can't release it because he doesn't own the rights to the concert footage. Warner does. Now, technically, if he wanted to he could buy the footage off Warner and release it how he sees fit...but I don't imagine that would be cheap.

Understood, but it begs the question: if Warner doesn't believe releasing the concert will gross sufficient profits than why not resell it back to Morrissey to recoup their investment? Either they are holding it because one day they believe it will be of value, or Morrissey has shown no interest (I suspect the latter).

Thank you for taking the time to post a listing of the items I uploaded. That was very generous of you. I would have ignored the petulant demand to prove my assertion. I know what I've uploaded speaks for itself. It got me reminiscing. There certainly was a time when I gave out every concert I had in my possession. Mr Reynolds and others started a period in which everybody brought forward what they had. Those were cool times. Corrissey, Not Right In the Head, Worm, Pregnant for the Last Time... We've lost so many true fans who wanted nothing more than to have a fun discussion and liked to debate the issues instead of this dross about, "Why isn't Morrissey a vegan?". I've found it's best not to respond to the trolls whose debating skills invariably lead to the use of profanity, and the teenage crowd.

Back
Top Bottom