Morrissey Central "TIME IS LIKE A DREAM" (January 17, 2023)

full

Gina Lollobrigida, RIP

As mentioned in the Book of Condolence Thread. Her image was used as a concert backdrop in 2015.

Kiss_me_a_lot_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
She was such a sensual actress. I remember as a young child watching 'Solomon and Sheba' on TV and being fascinated by the pagan lust on show. Quite racy for a Hollywood movie from 1959. An interesting write up about her life on the BBC website.

"We are all born to die. The difference is the intensity with which we choose to live." Nice line.

Morrissey and this site have become the freakin' obituary pages. It's like visitng my parents.

In the second season of The Flintstones' episode, "Flintstone of Prinstone", a one-time character is mentioned as Gina Loadabricks, a parody on Lollabridiga; of whom Fred remembered, while going through his high school yearbook, as a student he went to school with and became a movie starlet in Hollyrock.
interestingly, this is not the only reference to Gina Lollobrigida on the Flintstones. There is an episode which has Fred and Wilma hiring a maid name Lollabrickida. I remember Fred singing "Oh Lollabrickida, your food I digida...)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom