Morrissey Central "TIME IS LIKE A DREAM" (January 17, 2023)

full

Gina Lollobrigida, RIP

As mentioned in the Book of Condolence Thread. Her image was used as a concert backdrop in 2015.

Kiss_me_a_lot_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's always slightly weird giving a "like" to a death notice, because it can give the appearance that you like the fact that the person has died. But I'm just liking the fact that Morrissey (or Rayner) chose a nice photo to post as a memorial, as one of them also did in finding a very good one of Jeff Beck.

It’s such a cliché, and often pejorative, to respond to a death by claiming, “I didn’t even imagine she was still alive!” -- but to learn a distant, profound legend like Gina Lollobrigida existed yesterday but not today…

In the second season of The Flintstones' episode, "Flintstone of Prinstone", a one-time character is mentioned as Gina Loadabricks, a parody on Lollabridiga; of whom Fred remembered, while going through his high school yearbook, as a student he went to school with and became a movie starlet in Hollyrock.

what a woman,beautiful.

what a woman,beautiful.
And not beautiful alone either but activist and more too, as per the wiki link posted above -
"Luigia "Gina" Lollobrigida OMRI (4 July 1927 – 16 January 2023) was an Italian actress, photojournalist, and politician. She was one of the highest-profile European actresses of the 1950s and early 1960s, a period in which she was an international sex symbol. At the time of Lollobrigida’s death, she was among the last living high-profile international actors from the Golden Age of Hollywood cinema. As her film career slowed, Lollobrigida established a second career as a photojournalist. In the 1970s she achieved a scoop by gaining access to Fidel Castro for an exclusive interview. Lollobrigida continued as an active supporter of Italian and Italian-American causes, particularly the National Italian American Foundation (NIAF). In 2008, she received the NIAF Lifetime Achievement Award at the Foundation's Anniversary Gala. In 2013, she sold her jewelry collection and donated the nearly US$5 million from the sale to benefit stem-cell therapy research. She won the Henrietta Award at the 18th Golden Globe Awards."

In the second season of The Flintstones' episode, "Flintstone of Prinstone", a one-time character is mentioned as Gina Loadabricks, a parody on Lollabridiga; of whom Fred remembered, while going through his high school yearbook, as a student he went to school with and became a movie starlet in Hollyrock.
i love that you have this knowledge and wanted to share it :lbf:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom