Tim Westwood - national disgrace

Uncleskinny

It's all good
Subscriber
He's 51, and he talks like a 20 year-old streetwise rapper. I read this today, and honestly could not believe my eyes. Couple that with this...

...and you get a grade-A nobber.

In my opinion anyway.

Peter

Last edited by a moderator:
Hahahahahahahaha

What a joke :p

Jay-Z looks like he's presenting that show... Westwood looks like the top to stand behind the tough kids and say "Yeah" every now and then and then run off crying when they look at him funny.

...Did he call him "My brudder"?!:sick:

He's 51, and he talks like a 20 year-old streetwise rapper. I read this today, and honestly could not believe my eyes. Couple that with this...

...and you get a grade-A nobber.

In my opinion anyway.

Peter

There are those that speak like this that do strictly for the camera. I knew this girl that taught Busta Rhymes kids. In front of a camera Busta Rhymes is all "whoo ha!!". Off camera, Trevor Smith is a very articulate individual who rarely misses a parent teacher conference and is but a phone call away in case anyone needs to get in touch with him concerning his kids. Basically he is all PTA Mom and everything.

Hip hop? For some it's all an act people.

Hip hop? For some it's all an act people.

...but where's the talent? I seriously do not get it. What has this guy got that makes him popular? Where's the talent? Seriously, what does he do?

I'm not so arrogant to think that the stuff I like is universally adored, different strokes and all that, but I admire talent in its many forms - Bryn Terfel, Steve Vai, Gerschwin, Bacharach, Joanna Newsom...I'm really struggling to see the talent in Busta Rhymes - will someone explain it to me please.

Peter

...but where's the talent? I seriously do not get it. What has this guy got that makes him popular? Where's the talent? Seriously, what does he do?

I'm not so arrogant to think that the stuff I like is universally adored, different strokes and all that, but I admire talent in its many forms - Bryn Terfel, Steve Vai, Gerschwin, Bacharach, Joanna Newsom...I'm really struggling to see the talent in Busta Rhymes - will someone explain it to me please.

Peter

He speaks to people whose culture is similiar to the ones their characters portray on TV. It's a culture and way of life for some people.

I've never heard of him so at least he isn't an international disgrace.

I went to see this pleb DJ the other night (don't ask why, I was very, very drunk and we wondered into this club) and I can honestly say I was so close to throwing my drink in his face, he's a disgrace to human kind tbh :sick:

Where is Morrissey's talent? Because you believe he has it and he speaks to you through his songs,same with why people buy and listen to Busta Rhymes.

For hundreds of thousands of people, they can't see it or 'get' it why morrissey is still an recording artist,same as you don't get Busta rhyme's 'talent'.

I think the majority of people into hip hop find Tim embarrassing as well.

Fair point. It's always subjective. However, when the 'Book' is written, I think in the lyricism battle, Morrissey would win 98% against Busta Rhymes' 2%. That's got to be a safe bet. I'm of to the bookies.

Peter

I had a painting teacher that would tell us what was good and bad and say that it wasn't taste, that it wasn't subjective, that her opinion was the truth. I know a voice teacher that thinks it's opera or nothing. She wouldn't see that much difference between Morrissey or Busta Rhymes. Neither of them "uses their voice properly" would be her opinion if she could listen to 3 seconds of it.

I think some artists are gifted. They can express something and make people feel it. As far as talent, that's a backhanded compliment. There are a lot of talented people that don't inspire people. Talent is the person playing scales very fast, a technically proficient bore. In my opinion, which is also the truth. ;)

I thought you say something like that, but i can't see my sweet Uncle Petey identifying with this:

BUSTA RHYMES

"Get You Some"
(feat. Marsha (Floetry), Q-Tip)

[Chorus]
[Marsha] Money, cars, clothes, sexy broads, plenty more, go.. get you some
[Q-Tip] Mansion, lots, planes, Phantoms, bitch you better...
[Marsha] Go.. get you some
[Q-Tip] Hustlin, jugglin, robbin, stealin shit, I gotta get this f***in
[Marsha] Money, cars, clothes, sexy broads, plenty more, go.. get you some
[Q-Tip] Fortune, power, fame, passion for this shit you need to...
[Marsha] Go.. get you some
[Q-Tip] Don't stop, nigga we ain't done, gun it through your f***in road block

[Busta Rhymes]
I'm sayin who told y'all to let a muhf***er back on the block
with the bullshit, see y'all done f***ed up now!
Turn the volume up and bang it out the trunk now!
You gotta problem son? Imagine how the club sound
Look and see I'm ready to spark it
Soon as I zoom on my target, muhf***er better roll out the carpet
See the way I comin through, and how I kick in the door
Watch how I coffee grind like never before.. the way I wreck from the door
So I mack wit' em, passin em, when I'm speakin
I'm preachin, all my niggaz out in EVERY HOOD!
You tryin to compete? You better be INCREDIBLY GOOD!
Niggaz you want heat? I figured you would!
That's I waste no time to give it to you niggaz (this time)
And give you all the jewels in (this rhyme), and then I put it down to you all!
I can't get enough of it niggaz, I gotta ex-plore (many)
All of my options, I gotta get me plenty more...

[Chorus]

[Busta Rhymes]
A lot of niggaz shit sound dated
I'm like Shaq, franchise player just got traded
to the number one team in the league
See I ain't on J Records, I'm on DRE Records, Aftermath BITCH!
You need to learn 'cause you ain't knowin the half, BITCH!
And while I'm gone I'm puttin dough in the stash, BITCH!
So new and fresh I say it again
So what it do, don't test see I'ma blaze to the end
I'm comin through, so confess you niggaz know who the kid
I'm like a newborn nigga, that's securing a win
(HOT!) So new and so current and they hate this
The streets'll classify in another level of greatness
I'm here to fix up the game, I'm givin it a facelift
New and improved, watch the way I make the game shift!
Now watch me swing it out the ballpark
I come to shut it down, don't let the war start while I come to get the...

[Chorus]

That's a big Q.E.D right there.

I think some artists are gifted. They can express something and make people feel it. As far as talent, that's a backhanded compliment. There are a lot of talented people that don't inspire people. Talent is the person playing scales very fast, a technically proficient bore. In my opinion, which is also the truth. ;)

I think talent is clear. Talent is obvious. Critics have a wild variety of opinion. I read in one of Kenneth William's books (Acid Drops), a quote from someone (I'll dig it out tomorrow, I took the book to my office) that said "There's something fundamentally wrong about critics. What's good is good, without us being told so".

Peter

That's a big Q.E.D right there.

I think talent is clear. Talent is obvious. Critics have a wild variety of opinion. I read in one of Kenneth William's books (Acid Drops), a quote from someone (I'll dig it out tomorrow, I took the book to my office) that said "There's something fundamentally wrong about critics. What's good is good, without us being told so".

Peter

I don't care for critics generally either, but I don't think that the good ones tell us what is good, but why, and give some insight into the work.

You're right that talent is apparent, but Celine Dion is apparently talented, and very boring in my opinion. Not all art will reach all people.

Which rappers do you think are talented? And forget about politically correct or choosing them because they have a positive message. Morrissey is not politically correct and I'm not sure that you'd be able to say that he has a positive message.

I suspect that it's really about you not liking rap music unless it's polite and agrees with your politics and view of society.

I don't care for critics generally either, but I don't think that the good ones tell us what is good, but why, and give some insight into the work.

You're right that talent is apparent, but Celine Dion is apparently talented, and very boring in my opinion. Not all art will reach all people.

Which rappers do you think are talented? And forget about politically correct or choosing them because they have a positive message. Morrissey is not politically correct and I'm not sure that you'd be able to say that he has a positive message.

I suspect that it's really about you not liking rap music unless it's polite and agrees with your politics and view of society.

It always Chacun A Son Gout, always. We must remember that. Vive La Difference and all that.

Good point about Celine Dion. She is obviously phenomenally talented, but used it to bore. In my opinion.

It takes a special person with a special connectivity to mean something. That's why I have always been a Morrissey fan.

Peter

Maaaan i haven't laughed so much ...since i got down wiv me homies from the hood......or some other shit.:D

well, see that's exactly what I mean. I've found some music I liked in the past to become less interesting, while some of it just gains more depth and resonance as life experiences may cause you to view it in new ways, and see other things in it.

Tags
boring uncleskinny thread jay-z is ugly tim who? wah theo wah wah wah
Back
Top Bottom