Tim Booth in Q (March 2019) - Morrissey, early Smiths support, "We Hate It..." confirmation

Posted by an anonymous person (original post):

"...much more interesting is the James Q Mag (March 2019) interview where Tim Booth bitches about Moz and gives praise for the Smiths early support.....Not sure why this hasnt been mentioned here yet ....very funny how Morrissey refused to go onUS tour without James and especially the "Calendar" picture anecdote!!!

Excerpt from the interview:

"...But [Tony] Wilson was amazing. He begged us to make an LP for Factory and we really should have. But we were steered away to Sire [The Smiths' American label]. Who were The Big Bad Wolf. Morrissey warned us about Sire. We should have listened."

Morrissey's patronage - inviting James as Smiths tour support, covering Jimone's What’s The World and naming them his "favourite" band in the music press - brought them the deserved spotlight they'd hitherto preciously avoided. The two sensitive, "celibate", vegetarian singers were obvious kindred spirits. "He was a good friend," Booth says of Morrissey. "He’d ring me up and say 'Come on out' and we'd go around church graveyards.""

Like in The Smiths' Cemetry Gates?

"Yes," he says fondly. "The Smiths were really lovely to us for years. Morrissey and Johnny Marr came to the studio when we were recording Stutter. They told us we should release Johnny Yen as a single, and we didn’t listen, and they were totally right."

Booth believes the friendship first strained when James turned down the offer to support The Smiths on their 1986 North American tour. "He went AWOL two days before. Rough Trade rang me up and said, 'Do you know where Morrissey is? He's refusing to go to America without you.' He went in the end, but I think he was a bit upset."

Five years later, solo Morrissey invited James to join him on the bill of an ITV music special celebrating 30 years of Amnesty International where he planned to preview his new single, a vaudeville retort to James’s newfound fortunes: We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful. "It was [about us]," confirms Booth. "Kevin Cummins took a lovely photo of us there together backstage. Then much later Morrissey did an official calendar. It was 10 pictures of him, one of The Smiths, and that one of him with his arm around me. And we looked sooo gay together! And I was like..." Booth’s eyebrows fandango. "That's a little out there! I had no problem with it. It was, 'Oh, really? You still love me? That's sweet.' But Morrissey fell out with me in the end because I stopped being a vegetarian. I think. Because of my liver, physically I got so sick with the diet. There are only certain things I can eat, even now." He scoops another spoonful of meaty broth. "And chicken soup is one of them."

45850_gettyimages-580480073-1024x1024.jpg

The Mayo Clinic. Lol! Stick your weak-as-gruel, self-righteous veggie nonsense up your arse, grass-fed. Save your breathe for standing upright.

Shallow from the sallow.

If ya don't like Mayo, then try another condiment.
They'll all tell ya the same thing.
That ya corny and got that Syndrome.

Ketamine - you have no idea of anything to do with me, believe what you want. On the subject of has beens - James are still going strong with regular new albums and tours. New Order are touring the world and Peter is really enjoying himself also touring the world. The only has been, appears to be Morrissey who has had to resort to a covers album to try and reignite his failing UK career.

You claimed i tried to deflect the issue you raised but if you stopped frothing at the mouth long enough to read all of my post, you would have seen i did comment on what you think of Tims comment.

Jesus. You really do need help. Hope Peppermint’s upvotes are helping you feel less alone. We’re all really concerned about you.

Be well Surface, you self-delusional know-nothing.

:tiphat:

Jesus. You really do need help. Hope Peppermint’s upvotes are helping you feel less alone. We’re all really concerned about you.

Be well Surface, you self-delusional know-nothing.

:tiphat:
I can't believe you're going around checking who upvotes who, or why you should even care. I'm also not sure why you have to be so rude about posters with different opinions to you. I find many of your posts totally inane but I don't follow you around the board sneering at you and downvoting you. Surface is well-known on this site for being on chatting terms with a number of Manchester musicians. Why that should bother you, I have no idea. If you don't like reading opinions which are different to yours, just put those people on ignore and give us all a break.

I can't believe you're going around checking who upvotes who, or why you should even care. I'm also not sure why you have to be so rude about posters with different opinions to you. I find many of your posts totally inane but I don't follow you around the board sneering at you and downvoting you. Surface is well-known on this site for being on chatting terms with a number of Manchester musicians. Why that should bother you, I have no idea. If you don't like reading opinions which are different to yours, just put those people on ignore and give us all a break.

Thanks Peppermint, I have also introduced a couple of posters on the forum to band members they like but hey ho let Ketamine believe what she wants. I find it sad that someone can be so blinkered that they choose to diss anyone who may have a different opinion on Morrissey. Im starting to think she may be married to Vegan Cro as he pretty much does the same thing on the odd post I see when someone responds to him.

Last edited:
Thanks Peppermint, I have also introduced a couple of posters on the forum to band members they like but hey ho let Ketamine believe what she wants. I find it sad that someone can be so blinkered that they choose to diss anyone who may have a different opinion on Morrissey. Im starting to think she may be married to Vegan Cro as he pretty much does the same thing on the odd post I see when someone responds to him.

HEY HO Peppermints, hear my mournful plea::oops:

Skinny and Surface went a courting New Order aha
Skinny and Surface went a courting James aha
Skinny and Surface went a courting at pub
spotting has beens and buying many pints aha 'hey ho' LOL:lbf:

thank you New Order for letting me sit in the pub with you aha
thank you James for drinking all the pints i bought aha
thank you thank you New Order thank you thank you James
and Skinny sends kisses too aha aha aha 'hey ho':lbf:

LOL
what wacko twat.:crazy:

I'm pretty sure Ketamine is Vegan Cro.

I'm pretty sure Ketamine is Vegan Cro.

Possibly but my moneys on them being a couple. Their posts are basically the same - diss all other members of The Smiths, diss Tim Booth, diss New Order, actually they diss everyone who says anything slightly challenging about Morrissey whether that be other artists or members of this forum. They probably compare notes while sitting on their fat arses each morning to agree the days strategy. Anyway they will be at work now, him flipping burgers and her on the checkout at Walgreens so no posts for a while. Sad no life bastards.

Last edited:
HEY HO!!:

Surface=Skinny=that ridiculous butcher.:thumb:

HEY HO:rock:

Possibly but my moneys on them being a couple. Their posts are basically the same - diss all members of The Smiths, diss Tim Booth, diss New Order, actually they diss everyone who says anything slightly challenging about Morrissey whether that be other artists or members of this forum. They probably compare notes while sitting on their fat arses each morning to agree the days strategy. Anyway they will be at work now, him flipping burgers and her on the checkout at Walgreens so no posts for a while. Sad no life bastards.

HEY HO!!

Oy.:crazy:

DONT CRY FOR ME SURFECINA!:lbf:

Possibly but my moneys on them being a couple. Their posts are basically the same - diss all members of The Smiths, diss Tim Booth, diss New Order, actually they diss everyone who says anything slightly challenging about Morrissey whether that be other artists or members of this forum. They probably compare notes while sitting on their fat arses each morning to agree the days strategy. Anyway they will be at work now, him flipping burgers and her on the checkout at Walgreens so no posts for a while. Sad no life bastards.

is your mod boyfriend Uncle Skinny blocking their posts?

Urbanus is Tin Boots
That's the name of the knock off Boots in Argentina where you buy tampons and pregancy tests and hankys to dry your tears with.

But Tim Booth did walk past me in Stockholm before their outdoors gig and smiled and nodded at me for wearing a Moz shirt. He had been out in the city on his own taking it all in.

That's the name of the knock off Boots in Argentina where you buy tampons and pregancy tests and hankys to dry your tears with.

But Tim Booth did walk past me in Stockholm before their outdoors gig and smiled and nodded at me for wearing a Moz shirt. He had been out in the city on his own taking it all in.

Hey, I said Tin Boots, not Tim Booth.

Back
Top Bottom