Tim Booth from James asked about Morrissey autobiography

Re: Tim booth from James asked about Morrissey autobiography

Who cares what this "traitor" (I think I have to say) means anyway?

That is fair today, but 30 years ago was a bit different.
My comment was very much linked to the time period and living through it.
When the NME/Sounds/Record Mirror et al, Smiths Indeed and radio were the only real communication going.
'Proper' Smiths fans (debate away...) - who hung on Morrissey's words - did buy music he cited and James definitely benefited from that.
The poptastic 'Sit Down' James were different to the pre-'89 James and were interesting imho.
As for sheer will - well, being an impressionable teen explains why I bought music my 'idol' said he liked. Many did so. Many of us posess related artists in our collections with no brainwashing required. We are older now and clever swines. Perhaps not so fervent today, but at the time young me bought James on his say so.
With older ears: Miss Young ... I'm 'compelled' to not touch that issue with the proverbial barge pole ;)
Regards,
FWD

You've made very good points, FWD. Like you, I found James through Morrissey (along with a lot of other bands.) it was indeed a very different time. James is the only band today, however, from that period in time whose music I can listen to on repeat - old and new songs. I think they have earned their way, so to speak, not only through Morrissey's influence, but also by just being a great band. I'm really looking forward to their new LP out in a few weeks...

Booth has also said that Moz had a crush on him back in the 80s. That I can definitely see.

Booth is a legend and a sincere soul. Oh, and not an asshole.

JAMES FOREVER!

That's weird, I've seen recent interviews with Tim Booth and he always speaks very very well about Morrissey and The Smiths. By the way, he does appear in Morrissey's autobiography, James do, at least.
Oh, and James are great, that doesn't change anything.

I don't have a note of James in the index. Could you let me know which page(s) they're mentioned on, and I will update the site? :)

Thankes to Tony Bliar I went to Univercity and got a double firste in Drama and Media Studys,.

I don't have a note of James in the index. Could you let me know which page(s) they're mentioned on, and I will update the site? :)

I'm at work now but I seem to remember he mentions James touring with them in 1985. As for the page, no idea, I'll try to find it when I get home.

By the way, this was published here 3 years ago.

[I]Morrissey and Tim Booth met up at Hop Farm fest

by modrevolve
Published on July 22, 2011 08:19 PM 22 Comments Comments
Tim is now responding to his fans on Twitter..I was pretty excited to read this tweet. Good to know Morrissey still has a sense of humor

mickmacmok
@RealTimBooth hi tim - did u meet moz at hop farm n do u still get on. Top gigs by u both @ hop farm

in reply to @mickmacmok
@RealTimBooth
@mickmacmok moz hugged me at hop saying, " you still alive ?"
This article was originally published in forum thread: Morrissey and Tim Booth met up at Hop Farm fest started by modrevolve View original post[/I]

Tim Booth is right. They were good friends back in the day, the first line of James' song "sit down" is "I sing myself to sleep, a song from the darkest hour"
Are people forgetting that "We hate it when our friends become successful" is about Tim Booth and James?

Re:

Tim Booth is right. They were good friends back in the day, the first line of James' song "sit down" is "I sing myself to sleep, a song from the darkest hour"
Are people forgetting that "We hate it when our friends become successful" is about Tim Booth and James?

How come We Hate It... is about Tim Booth and James?

They actually replaced the slot of Morrissey in 1992 Glastonbury Festival and covered the song.

You can see the track listing of James' unreleased tracks box set (actually the date was incorrect in the link).
http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/125274

Last edited:

Tim was on the one show tonight and spoke about this song and video.
It's about his Mum and how he spent his time with her in her final days in L A on a bed singing to her, he also mentioned that another friend he lost is in there as well.
Thank you for posting the video "Anonymous" I have to admit it made a grown man cry but in a good way thank you.

I'm off to watch it again now

Benny-the-British-Butcher

47 secs "never said I love you hope you knew" !
A line we should all take on board if they're still with you tell them and don't forget to tell your kids when you tuck them in at night as well.

Benny-the-Big-Softy-British-Butcher

If only Morrissey and The Smiths could have grown old gracefully like James, who knows ? We can only dream !

Bt

"he's so damaged and self-justifying"...

Who isn't? :confused:

I'd sure as shit rather be that than an adulterous hippy such as Booth. I'd imagine that Tim found Morrissey's 'vulnerability' 'beautiful' in 1982; probably wasn't so 'beautiful' for Moz though :rolleyes:

Very true.

Agree with Tim Booth. Moz has changed. He has marginalized himself. And that's marginalized, not margarine-ized, as in Marlon Brando from Last Tango in Paris. Although, he may have done that too...

Re:

How come We Hate It... is about Tim Booth and James?

They actually replaced the slot of Morrissey in 1992 Glastonbury Festival and covered the song.

You can see the track listing of James' unreleased tracks box set (actually the date was incorrect in the link).
http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/125274

Jim Glennie himself confirmed it on BBC 6 Music "Now Playing...".
You can listen again from iPlayer (just after Everyday Is Like Sunday, 1:00:00).

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom