Tilburg - 013 (Mar. 29, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

What She Said / Suedehead / Staircase At The University / Istanbul / Kiss Me A Lot / Certain People I Know / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Neal Cassady Drops Dead / One Of Our Own / To Give (The Reason I Live) / Scandinavia / Speedway / Life Is A Pigsty / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / The Bullfighter Dies / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / Meat is Murder / People Are The Same Everywhere / World Peace Is None Of Your Business // Everyday Is Like Sunday

setlist provided by Lars K, order corrected by -Christoph-.

• Review by Christoph (German) - Konzerttagebuch; photos (27 total). Links posted by -Christoph-.

tilburg.jpg
  • Photos by Lys Want (26 total) - Google Plus. Link posted by an anonymous person.

tilburg2.jpg

Last edited:
tmp_31289-PART_1427664780417_mms_img-626756033-972584212.jpgtmp_31289-PART_1427664780417_mms_img-626756033-972584212.jpg

Hope this works, i'm such an idiot attaching files... when i'm drunk :)

Order maybe not 100%

What She Said
Suedehead
Staircase
Kiss Me A Lot
Neal Cassady
Istanbul
Certain People I Know
Stop Me
Paris
Pigsty
One Of Our Own
To Give (The Reason I Live)
Scandinavia
Speedway
Crashing Bores
Bullfighter
People Are The Same
Meat
World Peace

Sunday

Really enjoyed that Concert! Nice crowd, felt like everybody thought "Will he get On stage this time!?" And sure he did! Slapped "What she said" in our wars. What a nice start! Moz and the band seemed to have a good time, very playfull combined with some witty remarks from Moz. THE breathholding moment: at the encore "everybody day's like sunday" a Lady crowdsurfed the stage. I thought at the scenes at the Essen-Show and Said to myself "damn, that's it!"
but they hugged each other! And than she simple returned to the crowd! What a Great moment!
What really Great evening!!

This was my 5th in last 6 months and he was clearly into the crowd tonight. The venue was incredibly small but that made for a very intimate night. The crowd was fantastic and I was impressed with how many people could sing along to 80% of the songs. MIM received cheers and ovations and I only saw 1 guy leaving.

Moz was chatty and clearly liked the crowd.
Examples: Adjusting the mike stand he said "I spring myself onto you". After Speedway, "If only you knew". During Speedway, "I'm touched" as the crowd sang loudly. Before Suedehead "Welcome to this illustrious opera building... luckily we're all classically trained". During Suedehead and the lyrics "why send me silly notes", he had just picked up a book from the rail and uttered "like this one". Somewhere late in the setlist "If my voice cracks... well, it's legal". Before Everyday/Sunday (encore), "Every departure is hard but it must be done". I will probably remember more tomorrow.

There was a 10 year old kid in 2nd row dead center on the top of his fathers (?) shoulders. Moz made a special deal out of shaking his hand... I think it was right after Istanbul or before Neil Cassady (everyone has babies, babies full of rabies) but someone please confirm that. It also looked like Matt handed 1 of his sticks to the kid after the encore - although I was being pushed around by the shirt crowd at this point.

Great great gig. 3rd time was really a charm! Pigsty was the surprise. Sound was a little off at times... felt like they tried to play too loud for the small venue.

This was my 5th in last 6 months and he was clearly into the crowd tonight. The venue was incredibly small but that made for a very intimate night. The crowd was fantastic and I was impressed with how many people could sing along to 80% of the songs. MIM received cheers and ovations and I only saw 1 guy leaving.

Examples: Adjusting the mike stand he said "I spring myself onto you". After Speedway, "If only you knew". During Speedway, "I'm touched" as the crowd sang loudly. Before Suedehead "Welcome to this illustrious opera building... luckily we're all classically trained". During Suedehead and the lyrics "why send me silly notes", he had just picked up a book from the rail and uttered "like this one". Somewhere late in the setlist "If my voice cracks... well, it's legal". Before Everyday/Sunday (encore), "Every departure is hard but it must be done". I will probably remember more tomorrow.

There was a 10 year old kid in 2nd row dead center on the top of his fathers (?) shoulders. Moz made a special deal out of shaking his hand... I think it was right after Istanbul or before Neil Cassady (everyone has babies, babies full of rabies) but someone please confirm that. It also looked like Matt handed 1 of his sticks to the kid after the encore - although I was being pushed around by the shirt crowd at this point.

Great great gig. 3rd time was really a charm! Pigsty was the surprise. Sound was a little off at times... felt like they tried to play too loud for the small venue.

Total bullshit to put anyone on your shoulders. Unfair to the people behind you. Kid or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
He opened the show with what she said

Encore Sunday
Pigsty was played

!!!
:D :D :D

awww :love:

thank you.

I was there. I supplied the sandwiches;-) Our man was great. Imperfect list touching and moving. I really like it when he pays tribute to a deceased person who inspired him. Unfortunately he had to do that more than occasionally according to his autobiography many people close to him were taken away. To the rescue nobody ever comes. What She Said was a great opener. Although he apologized for his voice very early on that it might be cracking it was strong and I did not hear one false note. The audience was appreciative an supportive from the start and during the concert he reacted very positive and his singing got more passion. Highlights for me were What She Said, One Of Our Own, Pigsty (great surprise) and very well sung. Meat Is Murder. Such dramatic power. So much passion, love and emotion. He can touch people so deeply. And at the same time he can be so funny and witty.
No one can touch him. He is one of a kind. Bless him.

I was there. I supplied the sandwiches;-) Our man was great. Imperfect list touching and moving. I really like it when he pays tribute to a deceased person who inspired him. Unfortunately he had to do that more than occasionally according to his autobiography many people close to him were taken away. To the rescue nobody ever comes. What She Said was a great opener. Although he apologized for his voice very early on that it might be cracking it was strong and I did not hear one false note. The audience was appreciative an supportive from the start and during the concert he reacted very positive and his singing got more passion. Highlights for me were What She Said, One Of Our Own, Pigsty (great surprise) and very well sung. Meat Is Murder. Such dramatic power. So much passion, love and emotion. He can touch people so deeply. And at the same time he can be so funny and witty.
No one can touch him. He is one of a kind. Bless him.

ham and cheese sandwiches? sausage sandwiches? please clarify.

Handshake prior to the song. Opera house comments after the song.

P.S. Is there anything better than the addition of those 2 little words - "But still" - prior to the "good lay" verse?

Last edited by a moderator:
ham and cheese sandwiches? sausage sandwiches? please clarify.

Cucumber sandwiches;-) No. I was trying to be funny as the remark was made by Morrissey when all kinds of people started to explain to him why The Smiths split;-)
Gerrit

Opera house? Looks like an old Nazi airplane hangar.

013 is just a venue for gigs, comedy, even drama or play acts, it's in the center of town, build in the 90's
[before there was t Noorderlicht , an old cinema, 013 was build to after that venue has done it's time and had limits.

again you show what dickhead you are,I hope they put you for a half year in an Puerto Rico prison, with 18 men in a cel..

' and they say he's mental'...oh no, that's what you're dreaming for every day and night, fiistduck...

013 is just a venue for gigs, comedy, even drama or play acts, it's in the center of town, build in the 90's
[before there was t Noorderlicht , an old cinema, 013 was build to after that venue has done it's time and had limits.

again you show what dickhead you are,I hope they put you for a half year in an Puerto Rico prison, with 18 men in a cel..

' and they say he's mental'...oh no, that's what you're dreaming for every day and night, fiistduck...

Was surprised how small the venue was,but finally it was more than perfect for a great intimate gig!
Owner of my hotel told me that they will close for 7 months now to make it bigger - well...
Saw that Garbage will play in November, maybe i return for that. Love singer Shirley who once said she needs a lover whom she can piss on the belly :)

I have to correct the set list: People Are The Same Everywhere was directly played after Meat Is Murder.

He was very funny during the band introduction: Gustavo from Texas, Matthew from Still Illlinois, Mando from Mexico :)

What a lovely concert and audience. I really liked the venue. I liked the relaxed atmosphere and I felt the band liked it too. "What she said" was such a great way to start (what a rock version!) and the rest of the setlist was well mixed.
My biggest moments: shaking the hand with the boy on the shoulders of his father and the encore. Remembering the Essen-show the breathtaking scene when the young lady crowdsurfed to the stage. I thought "Gosh, that was it!" but than they hugged each other and she returned to the audience and the band finished the concert. Great, great, great!
Thanks for that nice not so every day's like-Sunday

Last night's setlist was:

Setlist Morrissey, 013, Tilburg:
01: What she said (The Smiths)
02: Suedehead
03: Staircase at the university
04: Istanbul
05: Kiss me a lot
06: Certain people I know
07: I'm throwing my arms around Paris
08: Neal Cassady drops dead
09: One of our own
10: To give (is the reason I live) (Frankie Valli Cover)
11: Scandinavia
12: Speedway
13: Life is a pigsty
14: Stop me if you think you've heard this one before (The Smiths)
15: The bullfighter dies
16: The world is full of crashing bores
17: Meat is murder (The Smiths)
18: People are the same everywhere
19: World peace is none of your business

20: Everyday is like sunday

Here's my (German) review:
http://meinzuhausemeinblog.blogspot.de/2015/03/morrissey-tilburg-290315.html

- - - Updated - - -

And a couple of pictures:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/-christoph-/sets/72157651235074930/

Trending Threads