Tickets

P

Phil

I saw Morrissey at the M.E.N, Liverpool Royal Court and Birmingham NIA all in 2004, and im absolutley desperate to go again this time

Ideally i want to go to Liverpool Philharmonic, seing as i live one minute away, and then maybe one or two manchester gigs as well

Unfourtunately i work in a school so i will be working friday morning and wont be able to get to a computer until at the earliest 10 am

Any ideas how i can maximize my chances of getting tickets? i.e Pre-SAle etc

Any advice gratefully received

> I saw Morrissey at the M.E.N, Liverpool Royal Court and Birmingham NIA all
> in 2004, and im absolutley desperate to go again this time

> Ideally i want to go to Liverpool Philharmonic, seing as i live one minute
> away, and then maybe one or two manchester gigs as well

> Unfourtunately i work in a school so i will be working friday morning and
> wont be able to get to a computer until at the earliest 10 am

> Any ideas how i can maximize my chances of getting tickets? i.e Pre-SAle
> etc

> Any advice gratefully received
I heard you have car problems and will be getting into work late.

> I heard you have car problems and will be getting into work late.

And if your car refuses to have problems, ask a friend. Surely you know someone who works with computers and goes to work early, don't you?

Phil, with regard to the Liverpool gig, and as you only live one minute away from the Philharmonic Hall, it might be worth you popping in to the Phil Hall box office at some point next week (in a non-busy period) and doing a bit of sweet talking. If I were you (seeing as you work in a school), I'd say something along the lines of 'I'm desperate for tickets, and if I were in any other job I'd take the Friday morning off, but I can't let the kids down.' It probably won't work, but if you get a kindly box office assistant then you might be able to persuade them to put a couple of tickets aside for you. The thing with theatre box offices, as opposed to the faceless ticket agencies, is that the staff there have much more independence as to what they can do. A theatre's ticket allocation belongs to the theatre, so they can reserve whatever they like.

Don't forget too, that the Philharmonic Hall, being a posh venue, deals with classical music punters all the time. The staff there are not your usual rock 'n' roll 'take it or leave it' types.

Good luck anyway.

> Phil, with regard to the Liverpool gig, and as you only live one minute
> away from the Philharmonic Hall, it might be worth you popping in to the
> Phil Hall box office at some point next week (in a non-busy period) and
> doing a bit of sweet talking. If I were you (seeing as you work in a
> school), I'd say something along the lines of 'I'm desperate for tickets,
> and if I were in any other job I'd take the Friday morning off, but I
> can't let the kids down.' It probably won't work, but if you get a kindly
> box office assistant then you might be able to persuade them to put a
> couple of tickets aside for you. The thing with theatre box offices, as
> opposed to the faceless ticket agencies, is that the staff there have much
> more independence as to what they can do. A theatre's ticket allocation
> belongs to the theatre, so they can reserve whatever they like.

> Don't forget too, that the Philharmonic Hall, being a posh venue, deals
> with classical music punters all the time. The staff there are not your
> usual rock 'n' roll 'take it or leave it' types.

> Good luck anyway.

I too live in liverpool and may have to use this trick myself old bean...the race is on! My landlord is coming friday morning to check the house therefore hopefully renewing the lease, he isnt coming in till i get two manchester tickets and if i dont get them he aint coming in ever! i was on the phone for half an hour friday ang got zip all!

It's a shame no one knows anyone who works at the box office.
Which is the best touting agency to log on to do you think, Ticketmaster or Gigsandtours? Are there any others? I was trying forever last week with ticketmaster and couldnt even refresh the page, it was pathetic. I got nowt either. Looking at ticketmaster though it seems they are only selling blackburn and the lowry, does that mean only gigsandtours are selling all the other dates? Oh for the good old days before the internet, when you could just make a phone call.

Good luck with the landlord quinten.

Inspector, I've posted the phone number for See Tickets in your thread below.

P.S.

I phoned See Tickets earlier today to see which of the venues they'd be selling tickets for. They told me they'd be selling for all of the U.K. dates. If I were you though, I'd give them a ring beforehand just to check that they will be carrying tix for the particular venues you want. I'm not after tickets, so I didn't run down a list of venues with them -- just asked 'which?' and they said 'all'.

> Inspector, I've posted the phone number for See Tickets in your thread
> below.

Thanks for that David, I did mean to thank you earlier.
Will they have all dates? If I try online it will be gigs and tours, is that right. I'll phone and try online, if I don't get muddled up. This is torture dont you think?

Absolute torture, yes!

See my 'P.S.' post in this thread as to which dates See Tickets will be selling -- all of them, I'm told. Gigsandtours are the same people as See, so I guess it won't matter which of them you use online. The SeeTickets link isn't yet showing any of the dates going on sale on Friday (only the sold-out Palladium ones), but I imagine that's because they don't list dates until shortly before they go on sale. This is the link I've been hitting to check:

http://www.seetickets.com

And yes, get online early and phone at the same time -- that's the best way! Three of us tried to get Palladium tix on Friday, yet only the two of us who got in the phone queue managed to get any. The online booking was a total nightmare apparently!

Yes I saw the PS thanks. I will give them a ring as you say to check first.
Online was a joke last week, no doubt it will be even worse this week.
Ah well, we can but hope. Ta.

Another thing worth checking beforehand with See Tickets, is that you can buy a maximum of 4 tickets for each of the venues you want to go to. One of my friends was told when buying Palladium tix over the phone that he could only buy 4 tickets per transaction. Which meant that if he wanted to go to more than one night, he'd still only be able to get 4 tickets in total for the whole of the three nights. That might just be because the Palladium is a relatively small venue -- only 2,200 and something seats. Worth checking out first though, because you don't want to get flustered on the morning tickets go on sale!

Back
Top Bottom