TIALTNGO - Neil Finn and Johnny Marr - Jazz Cafe London

dothewatusi

Neil Finn at the Jazz Cafe in Camden Town with Johnny playing TIALTNGO on 24 October 2010. Neil received the Q Award for Classic Songwriter this evening in London.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: TIALTNGO - Neil Finn and Johnny Marr - Jazz Cafe, London

Thanks, actually the venue's name is Jazz Cafe, not Jazz Club.

Last edited:
Re: TIALTNGO - Neil Finn and Johnny Marr - Jazz Club London

Thanks, dothewatusi. I've enjoy the stuff I've seen on Youtube of them together before so this is a nice addition. :)

Finn an excellent songwriter. Pleased for the recognition.

Re: TIALTNGO - Neil Finn and Johnny Marr - Jazz Club London

Thanks
I like Neil Finn but its hard to watch this and not wish Morrissey was singing - This laid back version by Johnny is interesting and had Morrissey been singing i think it could have been beautiful.

It would be a shame if it never happened and it needs to be sooner rather than later.

I'm sure that if Morrissey was asked who is Neil Finn, he would reply "Who". I have no time for the Finns, and I live in New Zealand.

Although I do frequent the bar which Neil's wife used to own.:straightface:

Neil Finn, Johnny Marr play ‘There Is a Light That Never Goes Out’

Taking a break from the ongoing Crowded House tour, bandleader Neil Finn played a solo show at London’s Jazz Cafe last night, and as he’s wont to do, invited Johnny Marr onstage to perform several songs, including The Smiths’ beloved “There Is a Light That Never Goes Out” — a tune the duo has played a number of times in the past, including on the first 7 Worlds Collide CD. Above, we’ve got video of the pair playing the Smiths song — with Finn on acoustic guitar and singing, while Marr plays electric — and below you can see a different and longer take on the same song (sound’s not as good, though), plus footage of the duo performing Crowded House’s “Distant Sun” and Finn’s solo single “She Will Have Her Way.”

Neil Finn - There Is A Light (Camden Jazz Cafe)

Neil Finn @ Jazz Cafe "Distant Sun" with Johnny Marr

Neil Finn @ Jazz Cafe "She Will Have Her Way" with Johnny Marr

from: http://www.slicingupeyeballs.com/20...ny-marr-there-is-a-light-that-never-goes-out/

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
They've done it together before, in 2001:

[youtube]bk-zmBcgqzQ&feature=related[/youtube]

Of course, neither can touch...

Re: Neil Finn, Johnny Marr play ‘There Is a Light That Never Goes Out’

Taking a break from the ongoing Crowded House tour,
Neil Finn - There Is A Light (Camden Jazz Cafe)

Ahh, that's lovely - hearing Johnny's guitar up front and center, shimmering and melancholic. It does make me miss The Smiffs though. I'm going to shuffle off somewhere and cry now.

Back
Top Bottom