Throwing things on stage.

Shame

So, I'm seeing Morrissey in two days and, despite a painful experience involving my sternum and several beefy elbows whilst watching Kasabian perform, I'm hoping that we'll manage for the hallowed front row (it might well be the only time I see him perform [although, of course, "only seals perform"], and it'd be brilliant to get a fleeting handshake with my main source of literary inspiration).

Having many a time watched him live on the internet and on DVDs, I've noticed that people have long thrown things to Morrissey - letters, flowers etc - but since the clonk-on-the-quiff-with-a-cup incident, has the practice become extinct? Is it heavily frowned upon to send a plastic flower skimming across the stage? Is it now criminal to whisk an envelope towards his feet?

Would it be better to keep any item in hand, and to stretch out and wait for Mozzer to take it from me?

Thanks. :)

Go for it! Throw it, hand it to him (if you can) and do what it takes! Make the thing you're going to throw inviting though! Make it look charming!

Don't throw things at him if you want him to get it! Things tossed on stage are confiscated and trashed by security. And heaven forbid any thing should hit Morrissey - you'll be thrown out of the venue if we're lucky and the concert will be stopped if we're not. Let him take it from you is my advice.

Beer is Murder!
article-1226147-0721691F000005DC-284_468x346.jpg

I think you'll find Morrissey's crowds a bit different (older) than the Kasabian crowds... probably get pushed about just as harder, though :thumb:

I was holding a gift and told not to throw it on stage. Why would you do that when handing it to him is more gratifying, so why not make the effort?

I think you'll find Morrissey's crowds a bit different (older) than the Kasabian crowds... probably get pushed about just as harder, though :thumb:

this will be my first time standing at a morrissey gig im usually sat in the heavens so i can see as im only 5ft3. Any tips on how to avoid getting myself crushed?? cheers

this will be my first time standing at a morrissey gig im usually sat in the heavens so i can see as im only 5ft3. Any tips on how to avoid getting myself crushed?? cheers

Stop smokin fags and you might grow a bit...I'm not lifting you up. haha

Thanks all; I shan't be throwing anything onstage (I wouldn't dream of potentially ruining the gig for everyone), but I'm adamant that I'll reach the front row. Even though the Glastonbury audience looked more like Shaun of the Dead extras than Smiths fans, Morrissey's voice sounded great - he's looking good too, all healthy and such.
Boz admittedly does look a tad... bored (Boz Boored, if you will :rolleyes:) nowadays, but Steven Patrick Action Morrissey is still singing his life.

I'm pretty sure he's more comfortable in smaller venues anyway, so tonight should be as great as his voice.

Back
Top Bottom