"Throwing out his own fans – has Morrissey finally lost it?" - The Guardian Music Blog

Found this in The Guardian website...

Throwing out his own fans – has Morrissey finally lost it? by Stephen Kelly - The Guardian Music Blog
After a 5,000-mile trip from LA to Copenhagen, a Morrissey fansite owner was looking forward to seeing his favourite artist in concert. Instead he was refused entry and given a lifetime ban

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Article: "Throwing out his own fans – has Morrissey finally lost it?" - The Guard

By your comment that you disagree, it sounds as if you want it both ways - you want to have (and by extension your posters to have) free speech, but you refuse to take responsibility for and feel slighted when you have to suffer from the consequences of providing a very public platform where comments wishing harm on Morrissey (or other posters - the only time that kind of thing seems to be taken down is when it applies to a mod) is tolerated, free of consequence.

Users are responsible for what they post. Even the anonymous ones or those that don't use their real full real names (which is probably 99.9% of all users). I guess some people just don't get that idea that the site, the 'internet' in general is a medium.

If there is really something 'illegal' or needs to be investigated I'm happy to cooperate with officials.

Re: Article: "Throwing out his own fans – has Morrissey finally lost it?" - The Guard

Users are responsible for what they post. Even the anonymous ones or those that don't use their real full real names (which is probably 99.9% of all users). I guess some people just don't get that idea that the site, the 'internet' in general is a medium.

If there is really something 'illegal' or needs to be investigated I'm happy to cooperate with officials.

DavidT, unkleskinny et all, you are all consenting to this hatred and what i can glean from your last posts is that DavidT now simply is allowing the site to implode on itself

Your last sentence is very telling.... you may not agree, but you, personally, have provided the platform for the offending poster to say that he wished Morrissey had cancer. When Morrissey says he wants Johnny Rogan dead, or Margaret Thatcher's head lopped off on a guillotine, or a lot of other things that he says, he often takes a lot of stick for it... right up to being investigated by the police for various comments if memory serves. But in any case he accepts the consequences of his free speech without hiding behind other people. Complaining that he was taken out of context by a journalist is very different from complaining that his unedited words aren't his responsibility.

By your comment that you disagree, it sounds as if you want it both ways - you want to have (and by extension your posters to have) free speech, but you refuse to take responsibility for and feel slighted when you have to suffer from the consequences of providing a very public platform where comments wishing harm on Morrissey (or other posters - the only time that kind of thing seems to be taken down is when it applies to a mod) is tolerated, free of consequence.

It would even be different if this site were called "musicchat.com" or something like that, and it were a general forum for discussing anyone and most importantly (since the "other music" forum exists) if it DIDN'T HAVE HIS NAME ALL OVER IT. You are using HIS NAME to direct traffic to this site - essentially using his name to advertise this site as a place for discussion, and therefore he has the right to complain when it becomes a platform for hate directed at him, other posters, and generally projecting a very bad impression - through the comments posted here onto HIS NAME. I'm not even saying that he has a legal right to stop it, because I'd assume if he did this site would be gone by now. But he has an ethical right to stand up for himself in the way that he has, and the atmosphere in the site where deathwish statements such as the above, just as one small example, are tolerated is YOUR responsibility, because you make the rules here.

Nuff said. Case closed.

Waiting for your official statement David after you were banned forever. Thank you for clarifying the internet laws but maybe you should also explain how laws are different in different countries and that some countries do not have a hand over agreement of people making court cases impossible in some cases.
The way you fly the flag for free speech is disgusting when you censor views every day here. You cannot be serious when you say you defend values like that when you are doing the opposite in many cases. Isn't it time you admitted that you lost power over Solo due to the power of other moderators here?
You chose to have a go at Hugh Clark and he made sure you never forget that you lost the fight and the war as well. Your statements means you're a hypocrite and can you live with that.
Just delete this message like you always do and hide your head in the sand!

Waiting for your official statement David after you were banned forever. Thank you for clarifying the internet laws but maybe you should also explain how laws are different in different countries and that some countries do not have a hand over agreement of people making court cases impossible in some cases.
The way you fly the flag for free speech is disgusting when you censor views every day here. You cannot be serious when you say you defend values like that when you are doing the opposite in many cases. Isn't it time you admitted that you lost power over Solo due to the power of other moderators here?
You chose to have a go at Hugh Clark and he made sure you never forget that you lost the fight and the war as well. Your statements means you're a hypocrite and can you live with that.

Can you show me the posts where David 'has a go' at Hugh?

Another brilliant statement.

David, you can't have it both ways.

Not on this site and in text you muppet!

Oh right, my apologies, I thought we you were referring to stuff on this site. What with you posting about the site and all.

Oh right, my apologies, I thought we you were referring to stuff on this site. What with you posting about the site and all.

Uncleskinny, do you just make sarcastic comments? you dont appear to be bringing anything to the site, just goading various people with your guarded banter.

For one, why does David allow Moz 23rd's full name to be posted here with impunity when it is a f***ING CLEAR VIOLATION OF YOUR TOS?

There is more, would you like me to list them ALL? If so, why would I when WE ALL KNOW YOU WILL DO NOTHING ABOUT IT BECAUSE YOU ARE AGAINST HIM.

You're a joke Skinny (and Tseng), always have been.

For one, why does David allow Moz 23rd's full name to be posted here with impunity when it is a f***ING CLEAR VIOLATION OF YOUR TOS?

There is more, would you like me to list them ALL? If so, why would I when WE ALL KNOW YOU WILL DO NOTHING ABOUT IT BECAUSE YOU ARE AGAINST HIM.

No, the actual posts. I think you misread.

Not a violation, it was reported that that person was responsible for getting me kicked out so is news.

Also, it is not a secret, he posted his name himself on the site before. See:

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threa...y-animal-tests?p=725889&viewfull=1#post725889

If we were to follow the rules of this website we would probably not say anything at all about anything. We have all read about what has been done on the internet by other people on other websites and how nothing happened. There are laws for the internet but the trouble is that even if you have an ip address and that you can never prove which person used that particular computer.
The need to prove things is on the side of the one making a claim. Personally I am surfing through 2 other computers out of which the last one is situated at a university. I have to because I know that this site does not protect its visitors and members and that David allows people to be handled differently as he wishes.

Not a violation, it was reported that that person was responsible for getting me kicked out so is news.

Also, it is not a secret, he posted his name himself on the site before. See:

http://www.morrissey-solo.com/threa...y-animal-tests?p=725889&viewfull=1#post725889

OK, make up your mind then. You gave !Viva Hate! an "infraction" for posting someone's last name who had posted it themselves before. You can't have it both ways.

At least David is talking now and what a nightmare of a flight home to USA that must have been and I can imagine how he must have this rabbitt caught in headlights look all the way home. Just let the frustration out little man.

Anyway people, this is my last post and visit to this website as I feel that I cannot visit this place and feel safe. If a website owner cannot handle his website then how are we supposed to feel trust in him and feel safe here?
David chooses to soldier on and cannot even make an official statement which means he has conceded defeat.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom