Three brand new Morrissey songs to be released on 7th December

Will they be released on Spotify too?
The album is currently stream-able on Australian Spotify as it is 'tomorrow' there already. The rest will follow suit after midnight in respective time zones.
Regards,
FWD.

Edit, the songs were shared on FB by an overly-enthusiastic person who had them deleted.

Last edited:
Hi FWD

I was just on FB there and all three have been shared on a fan group I am in. Unfortunately I am at work so cant listen to them them :(
You are right the uploader got them from a friend in OZ who shared them with him from Spotify.

Thanks as always

cossy

The music on Never Again... sounds a bit like Depeche Mode and a bit like Lose Control by The Courteeners, though it's not quite as good as either.
And this is the best of the three tracks, the other two are rather forgettable.

A real shame, as By The Time I Get To... and Blue Dreamers Eyes got me believing we could be in for a treat or two here.

Oh well.

It’s not like I can’t wait but it would be fun to see them now and maybe increase my anticipation. Mine and everyone else’s. No harm in asking

It’s not like I can’t wait but it would be fun to see them now and maybe increase my anticipation. Mine and everyone else’s. No harm in asking

Lower your anticipation and expectations. You’ll probably like the songs more...

One word for the 3 tracks: Filler.

Like many long term fans I'm constantly amazed how he can let insanely brilliant tracks like Blue Dreamers Eyes just float around in the breeze without ever getting the exposure they deserve. Lost, Nobody Loves Us and You Should've Been Nice To Me are 3 examples that come to mind.

Inspiral Carpets, nice reference.
Haven’t heard them in a while.
Looking forward to hearing the songs!

Listening now...

"Lover-to-Be" is just, well - in my opinion - not very good... and it keeps bloody going. The rhymes are weak and the tone is kind of weird. Inspiral Carpets reference is very accurate haha - except they're better than this song is.

"Never Again Will I Be a Twin" is very bass-heavy and full of the electronic-y splurges first heard all over World Peace..., though lyrically it's pretty weak and plodding. Filler indeed. The cuss is unearned - 'lazy' writing this, imo. (Also the mix is way too left-heavy, no?)

I sigh going into this last one, because I'm just so meh about these last two... hoping, praying this song will end when it's over. The earlier comment about "Scandinavia" hits the nail on the head. This might also be an unfair bias - a manifestation of my apparently undying dislike for the blazing amateur that is Jesse - but the fuzz tone and panning on his guitars are all wrong. Like the vaguely melodic chorus, but the rhymes are pretty low-par again. As with a lot of his latter-catalogue, Moz also seems to revel in wasting the most melodic sections for bland lyrics, repeated over and over.

A solid 2-3/10 on these tracks from me. Just an opinion, obviously - but frankly, I'm depressed. I hope the digital release of these live tracks is worth the misery haha.

All the digital extras will be in the download section in a moment.
Regards,
FWD.

I'm getting a lil Magazine vibe from "Lover-To-Be."

It definitely feels like a less-punchy version of something off that comeback Magazine record. No Thyself is underrated this is admittedly just whatever.

Was hoping these would be good, rather than expecting them to be good. But as expected, they’re shit. As is the norm now, everytime new Morrissey material is on the horizon, the feeling is one of trepidation rather than excitement. He’s capable of so much better which is the frustrating part, and he ain’t getting any younger, can’t be affording to waste studio time and the latter years of his career serving up this shite. Who knows how many more Moz albums/singles we’ll have left, is this the standard now? Has the bar been set so low and we’ve just gotta make do with it. I’d rather he just didn’t bother anymore.

Never again will I be a twin

The operation went well

But the patient died

Never again will there be a smile

To wipe off my face

Once is too much

In the ??

In the plastic arts

Of falling in love

What a joke that was

What a joke that was

Never again because the human race

Is obsolete

Has faded away

Just like it faded in

Let the blood now freeze

Let the blood now freeze

Let the blood now freeze

What’s that supposed to…?

Fed at the breast (?)

Outcast in the bath

Shit on the heads of the working class

Who must die in the dark

At ten past ten

The outcome remains

Always the same

It’s always the same

This song doesn’t end when it’s over

This song doesn’t end when it’s over

Oh no, it goes on in your mind

I sing and it stings you and now my work is done

Do you recall when I was in love with you?

Do you recall the lengths I would go to?

I must have been out of my mind

This song doesn’t end just because it’s over

No, it goes on in your head, in your hospital bed

You hear me instead of drip, drip, drip

And oh, it goes on in your mind

I sing, it stings you, and now my work is done

I must have been out of my mind

Oh, no, it goes on in your mind

I sing and it stings you and now my work is done

No mountain to hide (?), there were miles of smiles

No repulsive expense could ever not make sense

It’s great to be out of your mind

Back
Top Bottom