Three brand new Morrissey songs to be released on 7th December

A

Anonymous

- Lover to be
- Never again will I be a twin
- This song doesn't end when it's over

What do we know about them?
Are the composers listed anywhere yet?
Any expectations of the music? Presumably, it'll be a typical Joe Chic. production so they will hopefully be chug-rock free. Perhaps we'll get some nice string arrangements, or a strummy acoustic thing would make a change.
'This song doesn't end' has the most intriguing title.

I have high hopes for these songs

One will go down as a classic I'm sure

-You fight with your right hand

All I know is that I am really looking forward to the songs - X-mas is early this year.
:guitar:

Yes, indeed. For those of us who were fans in the wilderness years when we had to wait 7 long years for any new songs, getting 3 new ones just a year after the last album was released is a bit of a treat.

DtgFQXeX4AAaESq.jpg

I'll go out on a limb and predict that the lyrics for 'Never Again Will I Be a Twin' were inspired by Elvis Presley and his twin brother Jesse who died at birth.
I have no expectations for the music but I'd prefer that it's more in the vein of 'Blue Dreamer's Eyes' than 'Kiss Me a Lot' for example, or most of Low in High School.
I think 'Lover to Be' might be about me and @A scanty bit of thing :love::flowers:

Just listening to the new tracks now:

Lover To Be - vaguely untypical song where Morrissey announces himself to some (un)lucky recipient that he is, well, their lover to be. Might not be Thursday, might not be Friday but soon he'll have you his way.

Never Again Will I Be a Twin - the operation went well but the patient died! Best of the three. Lots of guitar atmospherics and noise.

This Song Doesn't End When It's Over - musically reminds me slightly of Scandinavia but not so ridiculously over-dramatic. His work is done. Bit plodding so I'd suggest some more toil is required.

Fairly enjoyable fare and all sound typical of Joe Chicarelli's production on LiHS.

Last edited:
Thanks for the brief review of the 3 songs. No Arthounds lurking there by the sound of things. Also sounds like there are not as strong as Blue Dreamers Eyes which if true is a pity.

Appreciate the early review

Thanks for the brief review of the 3 songs. No Arthounds lurking there by the sound of things. Also sounds like there are not as strong as Blue Dreamers Eyes which if true is a pity.

Appreciate the early review

No hidden classics, I'm afraid. To be fair, I've only had the most cursory of listens so I'm sure they'll reveal themselves fully upon further listening. Nothing amazing, nothing God awful.

Would someone be kind enough to make a recording? I'm so anxious to hear them!

No hidden classics, I'm afraid. To be fair, I've only had the most cursory of listens so I'm sure they'll reveal themselves fully upon further listening. Nothing amazing, nothing God awful.
I'd count another "I'm gonna sex you up" song out of Morrissey as something fairly awful. Put it away, bud. Put it away.

Back
Top Bottom