Thread offshoot debate

your knowledge of the Irish and British islands is impressive, who are your relations, the beaker peeps?:bird:
:crazy:

lucky for you hugh, and the other nutters posting here, like 'the devout christian commie circus nerd dog' that you are exempt from being dropped into the war if you are on the dole:blushing:

:straightface:

:hammer:
I have no idea what you are talking about but I do find a certain berserk elegance in your dog's dinner posts with the neon frazzle of random emoticons. You add something 'special' to this 'community'. Please continue. We are all with you as you work through your complex reactions to both Morrissey and those who are critical of him. If viewing comments by myself or others disturbs your equanimity then you may avail of the 'block' button.

I feel the pain of The Mods as they must grapple with your comments and be totally flumoxed as to whether they are 'off or on topic' or just totally random blips of words and emoticons. It's fascinating. Do please continue.
Have a nice day in Dubrovnik or wherever it is you reside.

best wishes

BB

no_irish_no_blacks_no_dogs.jpeg
What are you trying to do here, 'Acton' ? Appropriate the painful anti-Irish racism which my parents and others who left Ireland in the 1950s sometimes, though rarely, experienced? What has that social history got to do with you? I'm aware that the cretinous Lydon has appropriated this too to bolster his 'rebel yell' credentials. He's bankrupt. Artistically, at least. Don't sue your 'backing band' when you've signed a legal agreement granting them equal rights over the use of the legacy recordings. What a total numpty 'Rotten' turns out to be. Just like Morrissey.

I am 'killing time' waiting for a Zoom meeting to begin, so I'll suddenly depart and...well, who cares? I don't.

Next contestant.

What are you trying to do here, 'Acton' ? Appropriate the painful anti-Irish racism which my parents and others who left Ireland in the 1950s sometimes, though rarely, experienced? What has that social history got to do with you? I'm aware that the cretinous Lydon has appropriated this too to bolster his 'rebel yell' credentials. He's bankrupt. Artistically, at least. Don't sue your 'backing band' when you've signed a legal agreement granting them equal rights over the use of the legacy recordings. What a total numpty 'Rotten' turns out to be. Just like Morrissey.

I am 'killing time' waiting for a Zoom meeting to begin, so I'll suddenly depart and...well, who cares? I don't.

Next contestant.

Tbh you seem more like someone who appropriated 1690.

Dear 'Barking'

I'm not entirely sure why, but I share your questioning of this decision. The 'feedback' I got from The Morrissey-Pravda Mod bunker in The Kremlin was cryptic, it just said:

'Your post(s) in the thread "RADIO AIRPLAY 2021"(March 17, 2022) was moved to 'Thread offshoot debate'..Reason: The thread was about ranking radio airplay.'

Unlike the previous 'incident' there hasn't been any risible attempt to engage me in a 'conversation' and any such 'conversation' on today's decision isn't going to happen given the problematic nature of that previous communication.

I can see the utility of filtering out allegedly extraneous commentary on occasions, however, I think the 'community' needs to address the prickly issues of confirmation bias and subconscious censorship alongside the desire for a more aesthetically flowing thread.

In my view, 'off-topic' deletions to splinter threads are problematical because it actually creates dissonance as it bifurcates the group chat by hiving off comments that others respond to obliquely when the initial comment that 'triggered' their observation is no longer visible.

My suggestion to 'DavidT & The Mods' is that they consider adopting the 'ignore' function so that members of the 'community' can choose whether to view comments which The Mods, in their wisdom, have deemed 'off-topic'. They may be right. Or they may be subconsciously censoring comments which cause them to feel discombobulated.
It stands to reason that those who volunteer for this essential and stressful job of moderation are heavily invested in this site and in the career pathway of this singer 'Morrissey'. It's hardly a controversial observation to note that some moderators have abused their privileges to indulge in petty squabbles or seek to ignite them. In my case, that's not an option for them because I don't argue with 'moderators'. It makes as much sense as arguing with my washing machine if I pick the wrong spin cycle, or with a vending machine if the junk food treat gets stuck after I've paid for it. You can kick the machine or scream at the screen, but that may produce emotional dysregulation and that's hardly the behaviour we wish to cultivate here in our 'community', is it?

So, my 'site suggestion' is that each thread has an opening option of globally ignoring all comments deems 'inappropriate' by The Mods with the option to remove that block if a comment hidden as 'off-topic' in the thread flow appears to be critical to understanding the issues.

I find it somewhat fanciful that The Mods can every police each thread so that it remains entirely on point, and I don't agree that this is either necessary or productive. In the many years I've been part of this blessed 'community' I've seen seemingly irrelevant, off-topic comments spark extremely lively and productive discussions which may not be directly on point but which provide an illuminating context for the discussion.

Of course, it may not be technically feasible to tweak the 'ignore' function for this purpose or there may not be the volunteer programming resources available. I think we all have a very clear understanding of the enormous pressures which 'The Mods' operate under, so I will be entirely tranquil if this isn't doable.

We don't want to end up with a situation where the site descends into a dysfunctionality and becomes an example of российская дезинформация ( rossiyskaya dezinformatsiya ) but we also need to just breathe into this 'community experience' and raise our vibrational awareness to understand that it really is only an online forum about an ageing 'pop star'. Becoming precious about any of this in these times would be a waste of photosynthetic energy.
I'm thinking of the artist known as 'Bansky' who routinely just does his thing then leaves it to the Universe, not caring what happens, not attached to any outcome. It seems to me that we should treat our comments similarly. I mean, Putin could launch a nuclear strike on Los Angeles and vaporize the servers which host this 'community forum'. Would life really come to an end if a far lesser event meant that the removal of some allegedly 'challenging off-topic comments' made threads illogical or difficult to parse? No, clearly not.

Let's all keep some perspective on this, and let's all reaffirm our gratitude to The Mods who bravely protect us from views which they are sure would be harmful or vexatious if we were not shielded from them. Don't take the decisions of The Mods personally because, really, the calibre of volunteer moderation on legacy websites like this isn't worth getting your panties in a twist about.

I hope this 'site feedback' is helpful to the 'community'. I would enjoy seeing a facility that allows me to check and test the quality of moderation here. Mistakes get made. Moderators have 'bad hair days'. Let's all just chill out and kick back in excited anticipation of a 'message from Morrissey' about how 'current events' mean it is absolutely essential that his mothballed album 'Teenagers On A Bonfire' is released by the censors as soon as possible.

It's always worth bearing in mind that it's possible a 'best friend on the payroll' has infiltrated the Mod bunker and is deliberately creating Hyper-Normalisation to distract from the critical commentary which sometimes takes place here. But that's probably not the case. I mean, it's not as if Morrissey is a control-freak tyrant like Vladimir Putin, is it?

best wishes
Brummie Boy

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2022/mar/15/russia-disinformation-social-media-ukraine

You're very gracious with the mods. I think we do have a "useful idiot" on board. Amazing how nobody noticed. Must be due to the abundance of intelligence on this site. :rofl:also, "moderator" is like "waiter" nowadays, nobody wants to do it, so whoever wants to do it is hired on the spot.

"The thread was about ranking radio airplay"::ROFLMAO:priceless!
oh sorry, Mod, is that what this thread was about? I thought it was about ranking MoronCentral posts, and that one was defo in my top ten!

I have no idea what you are talking about but I do find a certain berserk elegance in your dog's dinner posts

Don't know about that...My dinners are much more organized than his posts...:lbf:

Oh the drama! Another ridiculous attempt at Concern Trolling which isn't going to work. Cultivating the weeds in the garden of your mind for 40 years and calling it 'art' as an excuse for your moral failures and social ineptitude is a crass cop-out. Cop on to yerself, Moz! The game's up, you're busted, you've been exposed to the light by Der Spiegel and elsewhere. It's over. If you had any dignity you'd just get a Westie and keep quiet in a garden till you croak. Being a prissy hissy-fit prick who annoys the fcUK out of everyone you meet during your passage through life isn't evidence of 'being real': "Tonight Morrissey is serving bitter and twisted fake-arse moaning minnie realness!"

Morrissey destroyed himself by mocking the plight of The Mothers Of Oslo then expected to be granted dignity in mourning his own mother, An absolutely repulsive specimen. I have never, ever been a 'fan' of Morrissey or The Smiths. I don't do 'fan' as it's derivative of fanatic which is what you lot are mostly. How could he have 'betrayed' me when I never ever gave him the benefit of the doubt from the outset? It was obvious he was a viperous troll from the get-go.

Morrissey can go fcUK himself. I couldn't care less what he does and as for this nonsense of claiming he's about to commit suicide, so what if he is? He has the cash to seek help, the best available. If he chooses not to so he can manufacture another 'emotional crisis' for some songs then more fool him. He's been hinting at suicide since the start. Presumably the daft words to 'Jim Jim Falls' are sung into the bathroom mirror. I don't 'want' anything from him. He chooses to parade across this debased popular culture as Putin plans to destroy it and all such specimens like Morrissey. He has become as sad and tragic as that Madonna clown but without so much 'work'. Is he botoxed beyond belief now or is it just 'filters'? He posts photos of himself as a youth from the attic, a crass, banal signifier towards Oscar.

It makes no sense to you but I'm not here to make you feel comfortable and secure in your fan delusionalities, am I? I'm BrummieBoy. I'm from Small Heath. I'm Peaky Paddy Blinder and I do not give a toss about this failed pop star. You have been serviced by an ex-BCFC-z Zulu. But now...I'm shutting your butt down. No more nonsense. I'm not your therapist. If you have fallen for his bullshit you'll just have to climb out of the wreckage and reclaim your dignity and self-respect by throwing his records in the sea. Good luck with your journey to recovery. How many people have I saved from The Cult Of Morrissey this past decade or so? I am here to do God's work. I do not suffer forum fools gladly or at all. This 'conversation' is over. Have a nice day. Over and out. https://www.standard.co.uk/showbiz/...e-is-quizzed-about-film-violence-8447252.html

If you knew he was a troll from the beginning and never liked him anyway, why are you having this meltdown now? You think he's a fraud for reasons like this:
  • He loves his mother (?!) and therefore was never lonely and suffering
  • Exploits current affairs issues for publicity
  • Appropriates Irish heritage when it suits him
  • Got rich, travels First Class, avoids tax
  • Ruthless, shits on people
  • ‘Cry-baby’ who will never be as famous as he truly wants to be, victim mentality
  • Self-absorbed, drones on
Well, yeah - there's truth to all of that but he's been like this since 1983. Morrissey has always been an 'eternal teenager', he has always been self-absorbed, but that's his whole schtick isn't it? He's never going to be any different, so why are you hanging around 'watching the circus'? Are you waiting for Moz to 'redeem' himself, apologise and suddenly grow up? Are you on a mad mission to save his soul? What's in it for you?

Last edited:
If you knew he was a troll from the beginning and never liked him anyway, why are you having this meltdown now? You think he's a fraud for reasons like this:
  • He loves his mother (?!) and therefore was never lonely and suffering
  • Exploits current affairs issues for publicity
  • Appropriates Irish heritage when it suits him
  • Got rich, travels First Class, avoids tax
  • Ruthless, shits on people
  • ‘Cry-baby’ who will never be as famous as he truly wants to be, victim mentality
  • Self-absorbed, drones on
Well, yeah - there's truth to all of that but he's been like this since 1983. Morrissey has always been an 'eternal teenager', he has always been self-absorbed, but that's his whole schtick isn't it? He's never going to be any different, so why are you hanging around 'watching the circus'? Are you waiting for Moz to 'redeem' himself, apologise and suddenly grow up? Are you on a mad mission to save his soul? What's in it for you?
Dear Amy

What on earth makes you think I'm having a 'meltdown'? Is that projection? Are you really that disturbed by my comments? What makes you presume I'm going to waste any more time responding to your frivolous enquiries? What makes you think you can assume to have the requisite cognitive facilities to provide a bullet list of what I am thinking? I'm not 'hanging around' the circus, I'm the ringleader of the tormentors. 180! I have no interest in what Morrissey does or doesn't do other than to publicly proclaim, ironically, that he is in league with very minor C-list demons, but that doesn't mean he isn't a pain in the arse'n'all who needs to be gently mocked for his 'eternal teenager schtick. You do realize that use of that word accepts it is all a load of cobblers, it's an act, don't you?

'a gimmick, comic routine, style of performance, etc. associated with a particular person.
"there are many great comics who have based their stand-up shtick on observational comedy"

I'm not on a mission. I'm waiting for a Zoom meeting to begin in Canada. It's running late hence why I have sight of your silly riposte. There's noting 'in it' for me other than an amusing distraction from more important issues, concerns, developments and passions. You really are anchored in this belief that this is important to me but it really isn't. It's just a way of passing time and having some fun. The more ye lot respond, the more fun it is. I'm not interested in your opinion, Amy. I did't grant you permission to approach my throne. Guards! Seize her! Take her outside the palace walls and do not let her nonsense assault my retina again! Your audience with my exquisite brain is terminated.

Have a pleasant evening, 'Amy'. Perhaps a nice camomile tea to ground, balance and centre you? There's really no need to get upset because someone on the internet has opinions which confuse, annoy or disturb you. I don't care what your opinions are, Amy. I might read some of your comments but then I move on with a happy heart to read comments by other luminary posters here.

Tbh you seem more like someone who appropriated 1690.
Dear 'Vex'

Can you provide a little more detail so I may understand this response? What is significant to you about 1690? Is it meant to be of significance to me? Is this some sort of numerology puzzle?

Next contestant.
For someone who has not much to say you should try to be more concise.

Dear 'Vex'

Can you provide a little more detail so I may understand this response? What is significant to you about 1690? Is it meant to be of significance to me? Is this some sort of numerology puzzle?

I thought you knew all about Irish history?

What tripe!

'Paddy' is a term of endearment from one Irishman to another. Who was calling him 'Paddy'? It was never a 'bitter and malevolent slur' unless it was from an overtly racist situation like a building site canteen where indigenous English periodically crossed the line from bantz to offence. But I can't quite picture Morrissey as a navvy digging ditches, can you? This is a hideous slur on the good people of Manchester, just more of the same old nonsense. Your quote from his ludicrous 'autohagiography' merely confirms everything I've said. He is a total fraud who drapes the Green Jersey for profit then discards it, just like most Irish politicians. Who was calling ya Paddy, Paddy? Of course his middle name is Patrick so it takes a particular paranoia to regard somebody calling ypu by your legal name to be 'a bitter and malevolent slur'. It's a shame there weren't child educational psychologists around to disabuse him of his conspiratorial mindset. My Dad called me 'Paddy' all the feckin time but I'm not called Patrick and he wasn't insulting me. He loved me and so did his bus driver mates who also called me 'young Paddy Englishman. This is total and absolute bollix.
:paranoid:

both for the people defending and the people criticizing him, dont you realize that it's really weird to analyze another person this way?

like, who could possibly care that much?

just f***ing get on with your life

Dear 'rifke'

You appear to be attempting to communicate with me via the medium of emoticons. However, I am unclear as to what this 'side-eye' icon is meant to represent or communicate. Could I ask you to perhaps elaborate so I may discern the gist of your enquiry?

Thank you.
both for the people defending and the people criticizing him, dont you realize that it's really weird to analyze another person this way?

like, who could possibly care that much?

just f***ing get on with your life
Dear 'rifke'

I was concerned to receive this further communication, as you appear to be entering an inelegant and perhaps debilitating emotional state with regard to my comment history. No, I didn't realize that analysis of the person about whom this website was founded could be legitimately regarded as 'weird' {italics}

Who could possibly care that much? Well, not me.

How would I be able to convince you that I am 'f***ing getting on with my life? What would I need to do or say here that would allow you to bestow a less harsh judgement on my decision to comment on Morrissey on a website exclusively dedicated to discussing his, erm...'art'?

Here's a thought experiment for you. How many hours, days, weeks, months, years has Morrissey spent ruminating on The Drummer and The Bass Player who sued him for withheld earnings? Do you think Morrissey's seemingly endless refusal to accept the finding of the Judge and the Court is indicative of a person who is just f***king getting on with their life? I think not!

It's been lovely to interact with you again.

best

BB
For someone who has not much to say you should try to be more concise.
Dear Acton

Why?

Why should I give any credence to your 'should'?
You're not the boss of me! Or are you?
Do you have 'seniority' here?
Is there something about you that's not apparent from your vapid comment history? A reason why I 'should' defer to your admonishments? Go 'should' yourself up the arse'n'all, matey.

Dear Readers

It seems like this Zoom meeting has been cancelled.
How disappointing!
Oh well. I suppose I could blame it on some conspiracy to stop me discussing Ukraine with Canuck scholars but that would probably be overtly delusional. Has Morrissey stopped posting nonsense about Ottawa now? Did anyone figure out why he started in the first place?

I look forward to engaging with you all again as and when The Muses prompt me to return here.

Are you waiting for Moz to 'redeem' himself, apologise and suddenly grow up?

Amy, although you weren't asking me, and although my experience might differ slightly from BB's, I can tell you for me it's all Johnny Marr's fault.:mad:

He lured me in with his pretty jingle-jangle so I didn't immediately realize that Morrissey's lyrics were all about things that didn't concern me in the least (rent boys, hooligans, ladyboys, skinheads, transvestites, hairdressers...) and half a century later I'm still mad at him for making me think Morrissey was interesting.

...Poor Morrissey is not to blame really. I know I'm being unfair. Forgive me Chteven? :cry:

He is a bit of an idiot though. (not Johnny, the other one). Forgive me Chteven?

I just want to meet Johnny face to face and bark at him for being so cute and gifted. :mad: Apologize this instant Johnny!

Dear Amy

What on earth makes you think I'm having a 'meltdown'? Is that projection? Are you really that disturbed by my comments? What makes you presume I'm going to waste any more time responding to your frivolous enquiries? What makes you think you can assume to have the requisite cognitive facilities to provide a bullet list of what I am thinking? I'm not 'hanging around' the circus, I'm the ringleader of the tormentors. 180! I have no interest in what Morrissey does or doesn't do other than to publicly proclaim, ironically, that he is in league with very minor C-list demons, but that doesn't mean he isn't a pain in the arse'n'all who needs to be gently mocked for his 'eternal teenager schtick. You do realize that use of that word accepts it is all a load of cobblers, it's an act, don't you?

'a gimmick, comic routine, style of performance, etc. associated with a particular person.
"there are many great comics who have based their stand-up shtick on observational comedy"

I'm not on a mission. I'm waiting for a Zoom meeting to begin in Canada. It's running late hence why I have sight of your silly riposte. There's noting 'in it' for me other than an amusing distraction from more important issues, concerns, developments and passions. You really are anchored in this belief that this is important to me but it really isn't. It's just a way of passing time and having some fun. The more ye lot respond, the more fun it is. I'm not interested in your opinion, Amy. I did't grant you permission to approach my throne. Guards! Seize her! Take her outside the palace walls and do not let her nonsense assault my retina again! Your audience with my exquisite brain is terminated.

Have a pleasant evening, 'Amy'. Perhaps a nice camomile tea to ground, balance and centre you? There's really no need to get upset because someone on the internet has opinions which confuse, annoy or disturb you. I don't care what your opinions are, Amy. I might read some of your comments but then I move on with a happy heart to read comments by other luminary posters here.
Not upset at all, I enjoy your posts. Although I can't decide if they're hysterical, deranged or somewhere between. "In league with very minor C-list demons" :lbf:. I love it.

Has Morrissey stopped posting nonsense about Ottawa now? Did anyone figure out why he started in the first place?

Sorry, I wasn't even aware he had posted nonsense about Ottawa. I guess it got lost in the other nonsense.
Like I told him, Steven, I will only pay attention to your nonsense if you sign it! (Unless it's David Bowie's nonsense and you sign it, I will look at that too of course.)

Dear 'rifke'

You appear to be attempting to communicate with me via the medium of emoticons. However, I am unclear as to what this 'side-eye' icon is meant to represent or communicate. Could I ask you to perhaps elaborate so I may discern the gist of your enquiry?

Thank you.

Dear 'rifke'

I was concerned to receive this further communication, as you appear to be entering an inelegant and perhaps debilitating emotional state with regard to my comment history. No, I didn't realize that analysis of the person about whom this website was founded could be legitimately regarded as 'weird' {italics}

Who could possibly care that much? Well, not me.

How would I be able to convince you that I am 'f***ing getting on with my life? What would I need to do or say here that would allow you to bestow a less harsh judgement on my decision to comment on Morrissey on a website exclusively dedicated to discussing his, erm...'art'?

Here's a thought experiment for you. How many hours, days, weeks, months, years has Morrissey spent ruminating on The Drummer and The Bass Player who sued him for withheld earnings? Do you think Morrissey's seemingly endless refusal to accept the finding of the Judge and the Court is indicative of a person who is just f***king getting on with their life? I think not!

It's been lovely to interact with you again.

best

BB

Dear Acton

Why?

Why should I give any credence to your 'should'?
You're not the boss of me! Or are you?
Do you have 'seniority' here?
Is there something about you that's not apparent from your vapid comment history? A reason why I 'should' defer to your admonishments? Go 'should' yourself up the arse'n'all, matey.
lol, i do enjoy your posts, you know! i regret that i never give them the attention they deserve because they're simply too wordy (as intended, im sure), but i feel certain that if i didnt learn something about morrissey from them i could for sure learn something about stylistic flamboyance (sometimes ill read a line of yours and think "im gonna remember that and use it somewhere else!!")

for the record, i think you're less guilty of this weirdness i speak of because you seem to think morrissey has wronged a great number of people and so theres more of a sense of a call for justice to your posts, alongside the petty vindictiveness also sensed in your posts (which may or may not be justifiable based on your supposed personal interactions with him). but with, say, nerak (vex) who is on here daily, defending and guessing at and explaining to all and sundry his behaviour (and who has made herself traceable to him should he wish to contact her), it's a bit weirder. because, like, what does she imagine could possibly be in it for her? and if you dont even know a person, what is the point of analyzing their behaviour? you dont have all the pieces to work out the puzzle. or maybe nerak thinks she alone can understand him? i mean, however it is, it's embarrassing. im literally embarrassed for her.

and i mean, if you do it once in a while, the way, once in a while, i will defend michael jackson against the hideous allegations made against him, then okay. but doing it every single day, going round and round the same arguments, as these broads do? doesnt that get a bit boring? unlike you, they've never even known him. the fact that you may have actually known him gives your posts a different flavour. as well, your posts are entertaining, and i sense you enjoy writing them, so they actually have some point.

anyway, thats all im saying.

also the side eye was because you said your dads bus driver mates loved you, and i thought it sounded funny. teehee. :lbf:

also, since you're so flush, can i have some money????

brummie let the laptop batteries run down and go and watch tv,and for anybody who is annoyed by his posts just scroll on by,thats what i do.

lol, i do enjoy your posts, you know! i regret that i never give them the attention they deserve because they're simply too wordy (as intended, im sure), but i feel certain that if i didnt learn something about morrissey from them i could for sure learn something about stylistic flamboyance (sometimes ill read a line of yours and think "im gonna remember that and use it somewhere else!!")

for the record, i think you're less guilty of this weirdness i speak of because you seem to think morrissey has wronged a great number of people and so theres more of a sense of a call for justice to your posts, alongside the petty vindictiveness also sensed in your posts (which may or may not be justifiable based on your supposed personal interactions with him). but with, say, nerak (vex) who is on here daily, defending and guessing at and explaining to all and sundry his behaviour (and who has made herself traceable to him should he wish to contact her), it's a bit weirder. because, like, what does she imagine could possibly be in it for her? and if you dont even know a person, what is the point of analyzing their behaviour? you dont have all the pieces to work out the puzzle. or maybe nerak thinks she alone can understand him? i mean, however it is, it's embarrassing. im literally embarrassed for her.

and i mean, if you do it once in a while, the way, once in a while, i will defend michael jackson against the hideous allegations made against him, then okay. but doing it every single day, going round and round the same arguments, as these broads do? doesnt that get a bit boring? unlike you, they've never even known him. the fact that you may have actually known him gives your posts a different flavour. as well, your posts are entertaining, and i sense you enjoy writing them, so they actually have some point.

anyway, thats all im saying.

also the side eye was because you said your dads bus driver mates loved you, and i thought it sounded funny. teehee. :lbf:

also, since you're so flush, can i have some money????

you post about a stuffed bear.

Back
Top Bottom