MODERATOR HIJACKS POSTS !!! moderator please don't change title to lower case thank you

ZOOM FROM GLOOM

LASCIATE OGNI SPERANZA!
moved? :laughing: So... without warning or anyone complaining by using the 'off topic' button. I assume that a moderator judged my posts as off topic. I was posting about fake autographs with my views about fake autographs in a thread about fake autographs Moz/Smiths items.

Then Quando's posts and mine got moved here under the heading 'thread hijack' then informing that I started a/this thread (which I didn't). And then my posts no longer made sense because they were pulled out of context of the thread we originally posted them in. And of course the title ('thread hijack' the original title of this thread)by the moderator made less sense to the content (the moved posts) that followed underneath.

Don't posters usually get warnings before their posts are moved? I thought the rating system was there for users of the site to judge what's off topic not a moderator without out any warning or consideration to tell the poster why they think your posts are off topic and why they feel that it would be in everyone's best interest if the posts were moved into a new thread under a new thread title.

Though I was surprised to find that I couldn't delete the thread, I would think if someone started a thread(I didn't, it was forced upon me) then wouldn't the thread starter be able to delete that thread if they wished to?

Last edited:
I only buy fakes. :lbf: Wouldn't fakes be more unique and therefor more valuable? Could anyone prove that this is authentically fake? so I could then make the purchase. Thank you in advance!

"I only buy fakes. :lbf:"
In that case you should try to find and buy all the original, legal products still available.
They are so extremely beautiful to the ears. A new world to discover.
And collect the fakes and sell them. :)

nah, that sounds too difficult. I'm just gonna take my own collection and make fakes out of it, then put it up on ebay and buy it all back ! It's what I would call a ... win win situation ! don't you think? or is that a little crazy? ;)

Yes. A little crazy but I like it anyway, :D
And you could still sell it again on ebay.
;)

yea! that's right! I could. Though, what I do think is a little crazy is... buying autographs in the first place. I could maybe understand if the artist has left the planet, then then I can see why.

To me an autograph is a way to look back on the moment you met the person, and take a stroll down memory lane.

Completely agree.
Buying an autograph without being present when it was actually placed is very risky.
There are craftsmen who could do that very easily.
It's a well-known secret in the arts and antique world there are many falsifications of paintings worth millions. Do you really think they would have any difficulty with an autograph, even if it is that famous scribble of Moz? They can do it between a Picasso and a Dali or whatever.

maybe you're referring to this? and have already seen it. anyways, a fun watch...

Didn't see it yet completely. Very good so far! Will see it later in full.
I am referring to the subject of course and it really does confirm my understanding of fake.
Thanks for sharing, Ketamine Sun!

:laughing: NOW IT'S OUT OF CONTEXT WITH THE ORIGINAL THREAD AND PREVIOUS POSTS WHICH MAKES NO SENSE. AND ALSO NO OPTION TO DELETE MY OWN POSTS IF I CHOOSE TO? ODD.

And no folks I never started ...'Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Ketamine Sun, Saturday at 5:55 PM.' And if I did start a thread in 'off topic' section shouldn't I have the option to delete it?

EDIT: I TAKE IT BACK, I DON'T SEE WHY THEY MOVED IT.

Last edited:
I SEE WHY THE MONITOR/S MOVED THIS TO 'THREAD HIJACK' :laughing: BUT NOW IT'S OUT OF CONTEXT WITH THE ORIGINAL THREAD AND PREVIOUS POSTS WHICH MAKES NO SENSE. AND ALSO NO OPTION TO DELETE MY OWN POSTS IF I CHOOSE TO? ODD.

And I never... started a 'Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Ketamine Sun, Saturday at 5:55 PM.' And if I did start a thread in 'off topic' section shouldn't I have the option to delete it?

No.
It is a very interesting subject and you already posted it and I am glad you did.
It is now out of your hands and anyone can comment.
That is perfect.
Though the title should be different.
Something like fake, or art, fake-art or business, or all of them.
All in relation to the main subject of this site of course.
By the way, can you tell me why they did move it?
I want to know from you first. :thumb:

No.
It is a very interesting subject and you already posted it and I am glad you did.

It is now out of your hands and anyone can comment.
That is perfect.
Though the title should be different.
Something like fake, or art, fake-art or business, or all of them.
All in relation to the main subject of this site of course.
By the way, can you tell me why they did move it?
I want to know from you first. :thumb:

no no no, but I DIDN'T POST IT. Some moderator took our posts out of that thread and started a new thread(in off topic).. posting that I POSTED IT, THAT I STARTED THIS THREAD...WHICH I DID NOT. This moderator in their judgment felt we were being off topic... but I don't feel we were.

no no no, but I DIDN'T POST IT. Some moderator took our posts out of that thread and started a new thread(in off topic).. posting that I POSTED IT, THAT I STARTED THIS THREAD...WHICH I DID NOT. This moderator in their judgment felt we were being off topic... but I don't feel we were.

You are as usual 100% correct.
Sorry I misunderstood.
Off topic, or not, in this case, (please don't move my post, moderators) I saw the film F for Fake with Orson Welles completely now, and it is a gem! and very much on topic!
Thanks again Ketamine Sun.
You are f***ing brilliant! :thumb:

Completely agree.
Buying an autograph without being present when it was actually placed is very risky.
There are craftsmen who could do that very easily.
It's a well-known secret in the arts and antique world there are many falsifications of paintings worth millions. Do you really think they would have any difficulty with an autograph, even if it is that famous scribble of Moz? They can do it between a Picasso and a Dali or whatever.

hqdefault.jpg

B74z2gJCIAEW_V6.jpg

I wish the moderator gave a warning first, or at least explained why they thought it was off topic.

Snowflakes Society run by Ketamine Sun and all the fans here could give Bluerose Society a serious run for the money. Mud wrestling between you lot is something I'd pay a decent buck for.

Snowflakes Society run by Ketamine Sun and all the fans here could give Bluerose Society a serious run for the money. Mud wrestling between you lot is something I'd pay a decent buck for.

Jawohl Herr Obersturmbahnführer, Vielen Dank!
Go to your blue rose society or any other Nazi website and stay there.
Or, just do what your heroes from the third Reich did.
Take the pills.
And f*** off.
Auf niemals wiedersehen.
Sieg Heil, :skull::hand:

which moderator was it?

Or, maybe more important, why did he, or she think it was off-topic while it obviously was not?
Could be a mistake of course, no problem than.

But I understand KS is just a tiny, little bit wary about that.
The subject is fake and fake-art.
I'm not an expert on this with regards to Moz autographs or other stuff.
There are many more here on this site who have experiences, good and bad.
I know a thing or 2 about art and falsifications in the art's and antique world.
We are talking about millions here.
It is a common known secret in that world that there are many falsifications and the craftsmen who make them are just very good at it.
So I suggested that these craftsmen would have no problem whatsoever with an autograph of Moz.
Of course, the money they would earn is peanuts compared to a good falsification of a well-known or even a not so well-known painter.
But if they can, why wouldn't they?
Maybe they found out the peanuts are getting bigger?

I feel sorry for the fans here that really want a artefact, a piece of the Moz-action.
And buy all that stuff. It is a warning.
Dear fans, please be aware there is a big chance of being tricked and f***ed by the fake-artists.
That chance is so much bigger than you might expect.

Or, maybe more important, why did he, or she think it was off-topic while it obviously was not?
Could be a mistake of course, no problem than.

But I understand KS is just a tiny, little bit wary about that.
The subject is fake and fake-art.
I'm not an expert on this with regards to Moz autographs or other stuff.
There are many more here on this site who have experiences, good and bad.
I know a thing or 2 about art and falsifications in the art's and antique world.
We are talking about millions here.
It is a common known secret in that world that there are many falsifications and the craftsmen who make them are just very good at it.
So I suggested that these craftsmen would have no problem whatsoever with an autograph of Moz.
Of course, the money they would earn is peanuts compared to a good falsification of a well-known or even a not so well-known painter.
But if they can, why wouldn't they?
Maybe they found out the peanuts are getting bigger?

I feel sorry for the fans here that really want a artefact, a piece of the Moz-action.
And buy all that stuff. It is a warning.
Dear fans, please be aware there is a big chance of being tricked and f***ed by the fake-artists.
That chance is so much bigger than you might expect.

Totally agree! KS is a great video curator. Wish KS had a blog for sharing those findings. That film is a gem... What an interesting time and place it reflects!

On selling faking goods... It's so obvious there's a high chance you are buying faked memorabilia under those conditions. My country is full of fake cds, dvds, etc, even in street shops, since there's zero control. Someone told me even local distributors offer genuine and fake goods at the same time, making a huge earning.

A good idea is collecting life experiences, not things. Keeping things when they are related to personal experiences or very well known people's experiences, not just for the sake of having objects. But I guess we are damaging someone's business here. I don't care, get a job.

Back
Top Bottom