Terrible Love (alternate version)
Wake Up Your Saints
You Were a Kindness
Bloodbuzz Ohio (Current session)
Walk Off
Sin Eaters
Anyone's Ghost (live)
England (live)

Some random non-LP outtakes (source years are noted in iTunes) and the TWFM era stuff, some of which has already been uploaded here but is included again in this pack with chronological track sequencing.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/1qr5i5
capture_20130604_183120.png

Thanks Skylarker, realitybites and farcM for adding fuel to my love of The National . Matt Berninger reminds me slightly of an early Moz with his awkwardness on stage between verses of songs at times. Like "what to I do with myself when I'm not singing" His voice while not having a huge range is a great fit in the workings of the songs. As for lyrics, they rival Moz (The Smiths and early in solo days ) with making you think about what is being said . Also the music itself is very layered and complex at times makeing you think ' what instrument made that noise" Plus only the drummer does not sing. I think its cool that everyone will sing back up and do it regularly . Moz has gone away from this and I don't know if it is lack of quality on stage with him or he just does not like it.
I pass through a local college campus fairly regular at times and rarely hear people playing The National either on cars or apartments . Only one time I heard something from High Violet (Bloodbuzz Ohio) so it is nice to know others enjoy them as much as I do. Think I will listen to Trouble Will Find Me now. By the way who is the little kid who comes out and air guitars to the video 'Sea of Love' with them ? Love the video !

Last edited:
Alligator era rarities (not the stuff on the Cherry Tree EP)

features...

Lit Up (alternate)
Secret Meeting (alternate)
All The Wine (KEXP)
Lit Up (KEXP)
Wasp Nest (KEXP)
The Geese Of Beverly Road (KEXP)
The Geese Of Beverly Road (live)
Lit Up (Parisian Party version)
Warm Singing Whores
Driver, Surprise Me
Keep It Upstairs
The Thrilling Of Claire

Any chance someone could please reup this. Would be much appreciated. Thanks for all the great National stuff. Cheers

Just in :

the Barclays show. It also has Aaron’s mini-interview from before the show
Unedited version : http://www.mediafire.com/download/3mhyywdcyvrngz6/barc_6:5:13.zip

Edited version : https://www.sendthisfile.com/sarh1PxrOeq49SPpBPPFlLyH
or http://www.sendspace.com/file/i9izck
The download consists of one 238MB zip file that contains 24 songs and one picture.
From the uploader :
Apologies in advance if this offends any hardcore purists, but I’ve edited the Barclays recording to make it into what might reasonably pass as a commercially-issued live album. That is, I’ve removed the Sirius promos, the interview with Aaron, most of the band chatter, most of the applause after each song, any prolonged interludes between songs, etc. I’ve also divided the recording into 24 tracks, employed a few small fade-ins and fade-outs, and in a couple of cases ever-so-slightly truncated what was a longer musical intro.

w/ thanks to both original uploaders for sharing

I only have 2 songs by them: "The Rains of Castamere" & "Bloodbuzz Ohio" :o
but I like them both alot, 5 out of 5s for sure :thumb:
however, I simply don't know where to start when it comes to listening to other songs of theirs :confused:
don't think I am quite ready to download a whole album of theirs yet :straightface:
but couple of more suggested songs that turn out to be real good might do the trick :guitar:

Alligator era rarities (not the stuff on the Cherry Tree EP)

features...

Lit Up (alternate)
Secret Meeting (alternate)
All The Wine (KEXP)
Lit Up (KEXP)
Wasp Nest (KEXP)
The Geese Of Beverly Road (KEXP)
The Geese Of Beverly Road (live)
Lit Up (Parisian Party version)
Warm Singing Whores
Driver, Surprise Me
Keep It Upstairs
The Thrilling Of Claire

Any chance someone can reup links to this please. missed it first time round. Thanks

This was great. I'm ripping the audio; I'll post it later on.

Please could someone reupload Alligator era rarities. Hope someone can help? Many thanks

Any chance someone can reup links to this please. missed it first time round. Thanks

Alligator-era rarities re-post

Many thanks for the 2 audio rips from the NPR & Q sessions, Skylarker - made my day on my way to work and back. Can't get enough of these.
... and I still can't believe I thought they had lost it, the first two times I was listening to "Trouble..."

Back
Top Bottom