THPGU alternate video ?

Was watching the video for this again and hit the information button(virgin media) and it says that there is an alternate version of this video featuring Russell Brand.Just wondering if anybody has saw this video.Tried Youtube,nothing there.

THPGU is a pretty weird song, I sort of hate/love it. It has really great lyrics, and a great tune, but is it just me, but can you hear like a f***ing metronome clicking all the way through the entire song? Or is it somebody banging coconut halves together?

THPGU is a pretty weird song, I sort of hate/love it. It has really great lyrics, and a great tune, but is it just me, but can you hear like a f***ing metronome clicking all the way through the entire song? Or is it somebody banging coconut halves together?

Cowbell/woodblock. Or, if you prefer, f***ing cowbell/woodblock. Yeah, I find it a little distracting. Oh well.

Cowbell/woodblock. Or, if you prefer, f***ing cowbell/woodblock. Yeah, I find it a little distracting. Oh well.

It is a bit distracting, isn't it? I probably shouldnt have mentioned it.
I so love the final lines of the song though:
"As for me, I'm okay..."
"As for me" as if he's changing the subject to talk about himself, when the entire song has already been about him!
And then saying "I'm okay"...when the entire song has been about how he is NOT feeling okay.
Typical paradoxical contradictory Morrisseyish genius.
But yeah, the cowbell is annoying.

It is a bit distracting, isn't it? I probably shouldnt have mentioned it.
I so love the final lines of the song though:
"As for me, I'm okay..."
"As for me" as if he's changing the subject to talk about himself, when the entire song has already been about him!
And then saying "I'm okay"...when the entire song has been about how he is NOT feeling okay.
Typical paradoxical contradictory Morrisseyish genius.
But yeah, the cowbell is annoying.

Yep, I love the contrasts. He'll say something and then negate it, or say two contradictory things as if both were true.

That's ok, about the cowbell. Making music is not my business, it's not my job to pick it apart endlessly. Besides, I have several good bootlegs from shows I've been to that are cowbell-free. I can listen to those.

So going back to the original question :rolleyes:

Does anybody know anything about this alternate video? If it exists would be a good start

So going back to the original question :rolleyes:

Does anybody know anything about this alternate video? If it exists would be a good start

Apparently it was never made. I can't link to the relevant threads, but at one point late last year, the comedian guy (WTH is his name again?) was supposed to go to LA to shoot the video, but he later said that it didn't happen. And then when the video was released, it was what it is.

Back
Top Bottom