Thomas Lennon and Chris Gethard Talk Morrissey - The Chris Gethard Show

Last edited:
Whatever your opinion on Smiths v Morrissey, part of the reason for it is going to be something to do with age and inevitable nostalgia.

Which is what I said ... ?

Anyhow ... I'd love to hear those same two discuss "Arsenal ...World Peace"...

Thomas Lennon is a great US comedic actor. He was one of the cast of Reno 911 a spoof on a police department located in Reno, NV. They also made a movie called Reno 911: Miami I believe that I found pretty funny. It isn't everyone's taste though. Now he plays Felix in the new Odd Couple comedy co-starring Matthew Perry as Oscar. I just watched a new episode last night as a matter of fact. I have also seen him caught on camera on TMZ a few times and he always comes across as quite affable and not full of himself at all. He would be "a good hang" as we Americans would say.
ah lieutenant dangle! oh my goodness, i didnt know that! i mean, i didnt really watch the show, but i always found the character hilarious. thanks for the info.

9 times? 9 times and he is interviewed by Jose Maldonado? I got into Moz practically and coincidentally the day that Kill Uncle came out. I remember hearing Every day is like Sunday and feeling that this song had been with me for years. I went to a club that played How Soon Is Now and Girlfriend in a Coma and it was pointed out to me that these were all the same singer. I went to the store and bought Viva Hate on CD and Kill Uncle on Cassette, I had a limited budget.

The first time I saw him I was 15, it was at Park West UT in 1991. I have seen him 29 times throughout the years, quite a few of those years I was poor and could not travel to see him... Favorites shows, Zephyr SLC 2002 (350 capacity), Thanksgiving Point in Lehi UT 2007, London's O2 Nov 29 2014... My wife has seen him 11 times, and she's not that big of a fan... I love Morrissey, there is no nostalgia better than him, yet he remains current and relevant. I like what was said in this interview, especially about having to “answer” for him, he does spout off all the time and being a fan is becoming harder and harder….

I am a fan who prefers the solo to The Smith’s yet love both. There seems to be some sort of badge to the fans who “like the Smith’s better” I also am a weirdo as Kill Uncle is my favorite album… but it must be the time I got into him.

I reckon at first these bokes were fellow Englishman, then me saw that they were not wearing New York Yankees Baseball caps, Hollister hoodies, and eating Big Macs, so I realized they were Americans.

Huggies® Snug & Dry Diapers absorb quickly to help stop leaks and offer up to 12 hours of
long-lasting leakage protection to help keep me dry throughout my daily adventures boring
you lot on here.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

KEEP IMITATING AND CARRY ON !

God save the Queen

Benny-the-British-Butcher

poseurs....what self respecting Smiths fan never heard of I Keep Mine Hidden

I reckon at first these bokes were fellow Englishman, then me saw that they were not wearing New York Yankees Baseball caps, Hollister hoodies, and eating Big Macs, so I realized they were Americans.

You are very perceptive

And the bespectacled git says like only 6 people have heard Shankly with horns. Google it you git! Go to You Tube and dive into Just Morrissey & The Smiths - the best Mozutopian channel on Earth!

And the bespectacled git says like only 6 people have heard Shankly with horns. Google it you git! Go to You Tube and dive into Just Morrissey & The Smiths - the best Mozutopian channel on Earth!

i didnt watch but maybe it was just a joke on the track being hidden from them. like a joke on the title

I don't really know. But, in fairness, if you're American and got into the Smiths, say, sometime in the 90s before YouTube came along, it would have been probably the single hardest Smiths song to get your hands on.

He's a pretty funny comedy actor and that's part of what he does, playing a character that thinks they are more hip than they are.

Like Lennon, Reel around the Fountain was my first Smiths' song. Unlike Lennon, it wasn't while making out with a girl...it was because it was the very first song on their first album.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom