Thomas Lennon and Chris Gethard Talk Morrissey - The Chris Gethard Show

Last edited:
That was the best 45 minutes of my day. :)
Can't believe neither was all that familiar with I Keep Mine Hidden... especially as they specifically talked about funny (funny ha ha not funny peculiar) Smiths tunes. I'd say that one counts.

Very entertaining, if only for "fans" of course.
I especially like the part where they talk about how they met Morrissey in person. Is there a how-I-met-Morrissey-thread here somewhere?

And by the way ... Billy Bragg´s New England is one of my favorite songs as well.

those two are great, whoever they are. fantastic personalities, especially the guy in the gingham shirt.

These guys are like the Siskel and Ebert of the Smiths, i was Loling the whole time, i hope he didn't hear me laugh.

This is worth a 2nd look . What a super conversation . This video shows the great feeling one gets from meeting other Smith/Moz fans . Not have to continually defend the music you love. Thanks for posting this video

Last edited:
those two are great, whoever they are. fantastic personalities, especially the guy in the gingham shirt.

Thomas Lennon is a great US comedic actor. He was one of the cast of Reno 911 a spoof on a police department located in Reno, NV. They also made a movie called Reno 911: Miami I believe that I found pretty funny. It isn't everyone's taste though. Now he plays Felix in the new Odd Couple comedy co-starring Matthew Perry as Oscar. I just watched a new episode last night as a matter of fact. I have also seen him caught on camera on TMZ a few times and he always comes across as quite affable and not full of himself at all. He would be "a good hang" as we Americans would say.

Last edited:
Thomas Lennon is a great US comedic actor. He was one of the cast of Reno 911 a spoof on a police department located in Reno, NV. They also made a movie called Reno 911: Miami I believe that I found pretty funny. It isn't everyone's taste though. Now he plays Felix in the new Odd Couple comedy co-starring Matthew Perry as Oscar. I just watched a new episode last night as a matter of fact. I have also seen him caught on camera on TMZ a few times and he always comes across as quite affable and not full of himself at all. He would be "a good hang" as we Americans would say.

Pfft. I became a Thomas Lennon fan when he was on a parody of a european variety show in the 90s called Viva Variety. Funny stuff!

he was amazing on reno 911 and i loved that show. of course it got a ittle old as it went on and lost some of the other really good talent but he was for sure the center of that show. hes been pretty good in everything ive seen him in

Huggies® Snug & Dry Diapers absorb quickly to help stop leaks and offer up to 12 hours of
long-lasting leakage protection to help keep me dry throughout my daily adventures boring
you lot on here.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

Pfft. I became a Thomas Lennon fan when he was on a parody of a european variety show in the 90s called Viva Variety. Funny stuff!

It all started with The State. Awesome skit comedy. Barry and Lavon... where'd you get $240 worth of pudding?! If you've never seen it it's worth finding. :)

I listened to the whole thing .. but felt disappointed. Without meaning to be too cynical , I've had enough of hipsters talking about the Smiths ... I can't see how Morrissey's solo work is so very different ( musically or lyrically). Maybe it's something to do with age and inevitable nostalgia ?

I listened to the whole thing .. but felt disappointed. Without meaning to be too cynical , I've had enough of hipsters talking about the Smiths ... I can't see how Morrissey's solo work is so very different ( musically or lyrically). Maybe it's something to do with age and inevitable nostalgia ?

Whatever your opinion on Smiths v Morrissey, part of the reason for it is going to be something to do with age and inevitable nostalgia.

Usually, yanks love Morrisseys work over Smiths.
I'm England it's other way around. Smiths used to be a working class band. Time and hipsters have forgot that.
These have a shallow view of Morrissey and the Smiths. But they were entertaining in a sub vic Reeves

i kinda agree which is why i didnt give it a go as the title said morrissey but then the video said smiths and i just kinda sighed. i dont see his solo work as that different either has it still has all the elements of the smiths even if it doesnt reach those heights all combined. theres still him of course and rockabilly and pop rock and orch ballads still woith the funeral march songs some surf here and there etc. in the us hipsters dont just talk about the smiths they talk about the smiths and his solo work but those are hipsters of a certain age i think for the most part. thses guys seem to be of the age where they are still talking about the music they listened to when they were young which is fine but like you said it gets really old quickly. like hearing about ww2 im seriously over the conversation

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom