This world is just chock-a-block with nonsense

The Banana Splits theme song is better than Knockabout World.
giphy.gif

Both. Lol. I don’t care. It’s just funny to me to endure when people wish I wouldn’t.

I get that.

But anyway Vivian, no. Lizzo is dog shit. Billie Eilish is dog shit. Maroon 5 is dog shit. Sam Smith is dog shit. Having said that, to each his/her own...I don't begrudge people their tastes.

But in my opinion, modern Morrissey isn't dog shit. He's never going to be what he once was, I'll grant you that, but I'll take his new stuff over anything on the radio. At the end of the day, for me anyway, he's a pop singer, and he is still doing it better than anyone else across the dial.

That's all I'm saying.

I get that.

But anyway Vivian, no. Lizzo is dog shit. Billie Eilish is dog shit. Maroon 5 is dog shit. Sam Smith is dog shit. Having said that, to each his/her own...I don't begrudge people their tastes.

But in my opinion, modern Morrissey isn't dog shit. He's never going to be what he once was, I'll grant you that, but I'll take his new stuff over anything on the radio. At the end of the day, for me anyway, he's a pop singer, and he is still doing it better than anyone else across the dial.

That's all I'm saying.

I don’t know. I’m kind of getting into newer pop. It isn’t amazing and most of it isn’t something I can see myself caring about 10 years from now but it satisfies a very superficial desire for me.

I’d much rather listen to K Pop than new Morrissey and I usually do! SUNMI is queen! Isn’t she pretty? Oh, I forgot you don’t like Asians. ?

CAD1D6E9-791F-42FB-B240-8827FB786942.jpeg

I don’t know. I’m kind of getting into newer pop. It isn’t amazing and most of it isn’t something I can see myself caring about 10 years from now but it satisfies a very superficial desire for me.

I’d much rather listen to K Pop than new Morrissey and I usually do! SUNMI is queen! Isn’t she pretty? Oh, I forgot you don’t like Asians. ?

View attachment 54765

I don't have any problem with Asians as people. But no, I'm not sexually attracted to Asian women at all; that's true...for some reason that confounds a lot of guys I know. I went to go see the Warhol From A To B exhibit at the Art Institute a few weeks ago and I went with that guy I was telling you about that gets laid all the time from Tinder and he kept lusting after all the little Asian co-eds that were milling about and we got into a pretty heated tete a tete in the cafeteria because I didn't get it.

Am I supposed to be attracted to fat girls, too? I mean for me it's just a personal preference preference thing.

Anyway there's a definite value in the superficial...no question. Superficial music, superficial TV, superficial conversation. I absolute get that; in fact I gravitate to it anymore. Maybe age makes it appealing. I don't know.

But don't you think there's a kind of disparity regarding your take on things inasmuch as you slag Morrissey's recent output off for bring inconsequential, dull, lacking in gravity/artistic and lyrical import but then you extoll the virtues of admittedly superficial modern pop?

Last edited:
I don't have any problem with Asians as people. But no, I'm not sexually attracted to Asian women at all; that's true...for some reason that confounds a lot of guys I know. I went to go see the Warhol From A To B exhibit at the Art Institute a few weeks ago and I went with that guy I was telling you about that gets laid all the time from Tinder and he kept lusting after all the little Asian co-ed that were milling about and we got into a pretty heated tete a tete in the cafeteria because I didn't get it.

Am I supposed to be attracted to fat girls, too? I mean for me it's just a personal preference preference thing.

Anyway there's a definite value in the superficial...no question. Superficial music, superficial TV, superficial conversation. I absolute get that; in fact I gravitate to it anymore. Maybe age makes it appealing. I don't know.

But don't you think there's a kind of disparity regarding your take on things inasmuch as you slag Morrissey's recent output off for bring inconsequential, dull, lacking in gravity/artistic and lyrical import but then you extoll the virtues of admittedly superficial modern pop?

I had this same conversation earlier this morning...about the realities of curbing expectations of aging artists. But you have to realize, this is mostly Morrissey’s fault for setting the bar so high that he and his work can only be judged by his own former greatness. You don’t listen to Morrissey or The Smiths for superficial pop. That wasn’t the need he/they filled or what attracted audiences to him/them...allotting him a pass on judgement because he used to be something special isn’t benefiting you or him. Should he be allowed to continue being a spoiled brat that is halfheartedly told “good job” after every mediocre record and performance or should he have to confront his failures and either work harder or retire?

Back
Top Bottom