Morrissey Central "This Video" (November 9, 2022)

thank you Sam. Unlistenable.

thought it was fine for a one time listen,and its not as if its a hard song to sing.

Didn't like the singing
You take M out and the smiths are just another Travis
This is by far the silliest thing ever written on Solo. Do you think Fran & co could’ve written I Know It’s Over, TIALTNGO, Still Ill, Please Please, Last Night, et al. If you do, your often preposterous take on things is worth even less than I thought.

Great film. Great film soundtrack vinyl which I bought secondhand a few months ago. Not great cover version.

Infinitely less painful than the Richard Littlejohn article that Central was previously promoting.

One of the bands I worked for used to look for covers of their songs on youtube, some were funny, some were awful. I asked what they thought about the awful ones and they said they loved all the covers, they loved to see what people did with their music. I don't think it's unusual.

he has always said he enjoys when people cover his songs,good or bad.theres millions of songs out there and for someone to specifically pick yours must be quite special.

I couldn't make it more than 25 seconds in. At least this time it's only one cover, though, and not seventy of every other amateur cover on YouTube.
I wouldn't be surprised if this track is on US tour setlist . In the case of Frankly Mr. Shankly before IRE/UK tour , that's what it was like. Just sayin .. 🙃

This is by far the silliest thing ever written on Solo. Do you think Fran & co could’ve written I Know It’s Over, TIALTNGO, Still Ill, Please Please, Last Night, et al. If you do, your often preposterous take on things is worth even less than I thought.
I was talking about spirit, If you take away M. You get just another indie band. End of

Edit
I'm f***ing amazed you thought I was simply on about music. Given I have commented at length about Johnny's songwriting skills and often stuck up for johnny ob here- I think you have even pressed like on them.
It may have been wiser to say "how do you mean?" Rather than make an assumption
Even if I would have meant musically, it still wouldn't have been the "silliest thing written on solo" As I'm sure fecking now. Some people are so desperate to try and stick in the boot
Actually, some of Marrs songs in the Smith, are only great, due to what M did with them
Just like a load of Ms solo songs are only great due to his input, certainly not due to anything Boz, Alan, and Jesse did

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom