"This sorrowful Canada" - Morrissey statement on true-to-you.net

I really wish he'd stop with the eyeroll-inducing "PLACE YOURSELF AMONG THEM" emotional appeals. He's capable of putting forward a strong argument without them, so I'm not sure why he feels the need.

Pretty much. Only they'll have to spend more money thanks to the exchange rate, spend more money to travel further, have to deal with crossing the border and just the general inconvenience of traveling to another country to see a show they should rightfully be able to see in their hometown.

Canadians.

If Morrissey were really a man of such high principle who took his own bullshit seriously, he would have had a stipulation in his record contract barring the release of World Peace Is None Of Your Business from the Canadian market...

If he took his own bullshit seriously he'd have long ago starved to death in a cave.

Very good point indeed. Will he stop Canadians buying the album? A bar on downloads from Canadian Amazon, iTunes, etc? Surely it wouldn't be a case of "I hate your disgusting practices, but buy my stuff"?

P.

How do you know he didn't ?

Ow

Pretty much. Only they'll have to spend more money thanks to the exchange rate, spend more money to travel further, have to deal with crossing the border and just the general inconvenience of traveling to another country to see a show they should rightfully be able to see in their hometown.

There are things that are worth getting worked up about and things that aren't. Whether Morrissey plays a concert in Canada, London or Timbuktu isn't up there.

Why should they rightfully be able to see him in their hometown? I forget how many of his concerts I've been to, not one in my home town, the nearest was over an hour away and the furthest he didn't even turn up to, I got worked up about that.

There are things that are worth getting worked up about and things that aren't. Whether Morrissey plays a concert in Canada, London or Timbuktu isn't up there.

I don't quite understand why you keep mentioning "getting worked up." I'm not "worked up" over anything.

Why should they rightfully be able to see him in their hometown?

Because his boycott is laughably hypocritical on multiple levels.

I forget how many of his concerts I've been to, not one in my home town, the nearest was over an hour away and the furthest he didn't even turn up to, I got worked up about that.

OK.

Now imagine he boycotts your entire country over an issue he willingly ignores when he performs in Norway, Sweden & Russia.

I've stated many times in the past what a pillock this man has turned out to be and it now seems others are coming round to my way of thinking. He's such a hypocrite it would not surprise me if he becomes the Godfather of baby Eric Cowell at his christening. He's halfway there now rubbing shoulders with royalty favourites Sir Clifford and Tom the voice judge Jones.
Oh Los Angeles . . . So so so so much to answer for !

Benny-the-British-Butcher

I don't quite understand why you keep mentioning "getting worked up." I'm not "worked up" over anything.

Because his boycott is laughably hypocritical on multiple levels.

OK.

Now imagine he boycotts your entire country over an issue he willingly ignores when he performs in Norway, Sweden & Russia.

If you're not worked up about it then stop complaining over and over ffs. It's f***ing boring but you'll know that already.

This will no doubt run for 50 pages of utter shite so I'll leave you lot to it.

If you're not worked up about it then stop complaining over and over ffs. It's f***ing boring but you'll know that already.

By that logic, your every reply so far has been you "worked up" about my complaining...

5441600_std.jpg

This will no doubt run for 50 pages of utter shite so I'll leave you lot to it.

That's how it works. You have a choice. It's an online forum. You can browse, join in, leave at will. There's no compulsion. People spend time here for many reasons. At the moment I'm watching "Pointless" with my family, but I'm also reading this thread whilst answering the quizz show questions in competition with my wife and daughter. It's called "multi-tasking". It's not boring, and it keeps me from openingn a bottle of wine for another hour or so. You don't have to read "50 pages of utter shite". Or answer this comment with another one. So leave everyone else to it. That's how forums work. regards.

I agree with Morrissey 100%, but why the hell does he still tour Japan. Those Japs not only drown dolphins on purpose, they still kill whales.

Statement : True-to-You-Ma'am

Before the pillock jumps on the band wagon with crass childish comments, I would like to take this opportunity to wish H R H the Queen a very Happy Birthday for tomorrow.
Happy 88th Birthday Ma'am and long may you reign over us for many years to come.

True-to-You-Ma'am your loyal servant,subject and butcher.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

I agree with Morrissey 100%, but why the hell does he still tour Japan. Those Japs not only drown dolphins on purpose, they still kill whales.

Do you realise you used a racist word in your post?

I'm a Japanese user and really upset to see such a word.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ethnic_slurs

You can criticise Japanese for killing dolphins and whales without a racist word.

I do not defend fellow country people who think it's OK to kill dolphins and whales.
They should stop such a barbaric act.

Incidentally I'm a huge Aztec Camera / Roddy Frame fan, really disappointed with your attitude.

Last edited:
uh, you again

Remember when you called Buzzetta a "silly sausage?"
He's still upset.

*sigh*

Someone actually explained that calling a man silly sausage in UK is NOT racist.

It was just a joke.

buzzetta might be chime in if he's still around.

You should not mix with earlier incident and a user AztecCamera's post.

Last edited:
Two album deal or not, World Peace needs to be both a commercial and critical success. Morrissey has been on the ledge beyond the edge for a few years now, due mostly to his own obnoxious idiocy. His paranoid conspiracy theories about record company incompetence won't survive a poorly received new album. He's running out of road. Expect some deeply offensive TTY PR running up to the release date.

*sigh*

Someone actually explained that calling a man silly sausage in UK is NOT racist.

It was just a joke.

buzzetta will chime in if he's still around.

You should not mix with earlier incident and a user AztecCamera's post.

AztecCamera's post is malicious.

Kewpie, there's a lot of things I shouldn't do.
But seriously, don't you think there are bigger issues on the forums than the comment I just made to you- as a JOKE?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom