"This sorrowful Canada" - Morrissey statement on true-to-you.net

I really wish he'd stop with the eyeroll-inducing "PLACE YOURSELF AMONG THEM" emotional appeals. He's capable of putting forward a strong argument without them, so I'm not sure why he feels the need.

As Jacques Cousteau, the great French conservationist, put it, seal hunt opposition is entirely emotional. “We have to be logical. We have to aim our activity first to the endangered species. Those who are moved by the plight of the harp seal could also be moved by the plight of the pig — the way they are slaughtered is horrible.” So, Molly, if the seals weren't so cute, would that change your mind. Can I send you pictures of what they do to Golden Retrievers (that's a dog) in China? Can you please jump off a building so that my vinyl is worth anything? Really Moz, this was uncalled for. I challenge you to a debate on this topic any day. I bet if these were insects, the dialogue would be different. You see, my issue is when countries were turning Armenians away (the 1st Christians), Canada was open arms. So, you insult the open country that made my parents work and thrive, you insult my religion, my ancestry . Why bring this up again? Nobody cares about you. Not even fans. You see, the seal cull, as horrifying as it is, comes from a need. in youitThe First Nations of North America hunted for seals...which balances fish stocks. Then, "progress" came in . First Nations could finally eat UK processed meats like Prem. The entire eco system went out of whack. Fish stock dropped because of seals. If it were up to me, I'd like to be Doctor Doolittle and talk to the animals. But, this is not to be. So, Mozlly, it's easy to say "don't do that"...and what is your solution when you meet with Prime Minister Harper?

You were on to something until half way through. Balances fish stocks = makes more fish available for humans to trawl. The World would be a better place if we just allowed nature to breath instead of trying to control it.

This lady's statement is more illogical and you know it.

You are a cult 'fan' with a FBE about Morrissey. You are routinely subjected to attempts at "fat-shaming" on this forum, yet you cannot see the illogical position this cognitive dissonance puts you in. Your 'spirit-guide' and fantasy partner has released an "Autobiography" which contains several un-ironic fat-phobic statements, yet you continue to evade the logical conclusion that he would find you unappealing were your fantasies ever to eventuate. Yet you want to set yourself up as a custodian of logical thinking? I fail to see the logic.

You are a cult 'fan' with a FBE about Morrissey. You are routinely subjected to attempts at "fat-shaming" on this forum, yet you cannot see the illogical position this cognitive dissonance puts you in. Your 'spirit-guide' and fantasy partner has released an "Autobiography" which contains several un-ironic fat-phobic statements, yet you continue to evade the logical conclusion that he would find you unappealing were your fantasies ever to eventuate. Yet you want to set yourself up as a custodian of logical thinking? I fail to see the logic.

Instead of spending so much time on here talking bollocks you could make a difference by doing something to help animals?

I don't care if you rescue endangered spiders rather than fluffy seals, I won't call you a hypocrite. Just do something other than moan and bleat all day and when you've made a difference, somewhere, anywhere, come back your views will have some grounding.

Instead of spending so much time on here talking bollocks you could make a difference by doing something to help animals?

I don't care if you rescue endangered spiders rather than fluffy seals, I won't call you a hypocrite. Just do something other than moan and bleat all day and when you've made a difference, somewhere, anywhere, come back your views will have some grounding.

I'm vegan. I'm an animal rights activist with a track record that's brought me to the attention of the police.
#epicFAIL!

I'm vegan. I'm an animal rights activist with a track record that's brought me to the attention of the police.
#epicFAIL!

Lol, how many people have you managed to stop eating animals?

What have you achieved apart from getting nicked for not being a very good activist?

BrummieBoy = Swampy lol

in youitThe First Nations of North America hunted for seals...which balances fish stocks. Then, "progress" came in . First Nations could finally eat UK proce

Haha got to love that sense of entitlement that communities of fishes are actually "fish stocks" that belong to humans and seals and other marine species steal from, so should pay with their lives. It's this line of anthropocentric thinking that will see the seas emptied of fishes by 2050 and hasten all sorts of ecological nasties that will eventually take out homo sapiens.

Lol, how many people have you managed to stop eating animals?

What have you achieved apart from getting nicked for not being a very good activist?

BrummieBoy = Swampy lol

I've achieved some degree of peace about my involvement in The Anthropocene Exctinction event. I'm no longer really interested in changing people as the coming catastrophes will enforce change. I'm not the only one who is thinking of a largely vegan future, the engines of Capitalism are revving and others are coming to similar conclusions:

"Bill Gates and other high-profile investors see a big opportunity with our tasty & affordable plant-powered substitute for meat.
Can we reinvent meat? This is what Fortune says:

“That is exactly what Ethan Brown, the founder and chief executive of a California-based startup called Beyond Meat, aims to do, and he has persuaded some smart people to put their money behind him. Beyond Meat makes vegan “chicken-free” strips that it says are better for people's health (low-fat, no cholesterol), better for the environment (requiring less land and water), and better for animals (obviously) than real chicken; most important, if all goes according to plan, they will cost less to produce than chicken. Fortune has learned that Bill Gates is an investor; he sampled the product and said he couldn't tell the difference between Beyond Meat and real chicken. “The meat market is ripe for invention,” Gates wrote in a blog post about the future of food.”

It's amusing to think that Plod/GCHQ will read this. Shout out to all my surveillance peeps! What do you think lads? Am I good? Or am I good? LOL!

http://beyondmeat.com/beyond-meat-the-bill-gates-backed-company-thats-reinventing-meat/

Last edited:
Haha got to love that sense of entitlement that communities of fishes are actually "fish stocks" that belong to humans and seals and other marine species steal from, so should pay with their lives. It's this line of anthropocentric thinking that will see the seas emptied of fishes by 2050 and hasten all sorts of ecological nasties that will eventually take out homo sapiens.

You have a great screen name/avatar.
This comment is ^THIS!

The Canadians blame 'seals' for eating all the 'cod stocks' off Newfoundland. Well, that's easier than facing up to the appalling human greed and stupidity that actually caused that event. I'm not sure if both the colonialist white Canadians and the remnant Inuit groups share this silly idea.

I've achieved some degree of peace about my involvement in The Anthropocene Exctinction event. I'm no longer really interested in changing people as the coming catastrophes will enforce change. I'm not the only one who is thinking of a largely vegan future, the engines of Capitalism are revving and others are coming to similar conclusions:

"Bill Gates and other high-profile investors see a big opportunity with our tasty & affordable plant-powered substitute for meat.
Can we reinvent meat? This is what Fortune says:

“That is exactly what Ethan Brown, the founder and chief executive of a California-based startup called Beyond Meat, aims to do, and he has persuaded some smart people to put their money behind him. Beyond Meat makes vegan “chicken-free” strips that it says are better for people's health (low-fat, no cholesterol), better for the environment (requiring less land and water), and better for animals (obviously) than real chicken; most important, if all goes according to plan, they will cost less to produce than chicken. Fortune has learned that Bill Gates is an investor; he sampled the product and said he couldn't tell the difference between Beyond Meat and real chicken. “The meat market is ripe for invention,” Gates wrote in a blog post about the future of food.”

It's amusing to think that Plod/GCHQ will read this. Shout out to all my surveillance peeps! What do you think lads? Am I good? Or am I good? LOL!

http://beyondmeat.com/beyond-meat-the-bill-gates-backed-company-thats-reinventing-meat/

I read a good book on spies BB.

My point wasn't really to attack what you're doing, well done for trying, more that your efforts would be better spent doing what you do than pissing your time away endlessly moaning about a pop singer's inconsistencies.

I read a good book on spies BB.

My point wasn't really to attack what you're doing, well done for trying, more that your efforts would be better spent doing what you do than pissing your time away endlessly moaning about a pop singer's inconsistencies.

Any and all efforts by everyone to alleviate/eliminate unnecessary animal suffering is to be applauded. I just get fed up with Morrissey claiming the high moral ground when he clearly has the resources to remove himself from most of it, but doesn't. Milk Is Murder,etc. Meanwhile, some young parents on minimum wage struggle to buy less-cruel food for their kids by buying supermarket 'free range eggs' Who's making the bigger sacrifice? If people find out the truth about their 'food' they'll change. Or poison themselves and the planet. The science is pretty clear on where this is all leading:

http://www.health-science-degree.com/food-poisioning/

PS: I'm not 'pissing' my time away 'moaning' about Morrissey. He's just a trigger for thinking. I'm sovereign over my own time and "Pointless" isn't on the telly for another 30 minutes. And I'm bored of the Man U sacking. As the evidence of failure mounts about the badger culls, it's a time for thought and reflection on how to try to move that issue forward with local farmers through science and logic, rather than emotionalism. I suspect they'll just double down until every last badger is gone. I suppose I could form a band and travel the world 'moaning' about stuff. That would really change things, I'm sure. *rollseyes*

Last edited:
Oh f*** you, he made the statement because the seal slaughter started this past Monday, dumbass. THe Humane Society was posting pictures all over facebook of babies being clubbed. And did you consider he's doing the best he can to accommodate Canadian fans by being near the border NOT for money's sake? I think the boycott is f***ing stupid myself but something tells me someone else is pulling that string and he's stuck to it. This post says more about you than anything Morrissey does. I know his PR is massively flawed and his priorities answer to a different boss than most, but f*** you for quoting the "sub species." He's damned if he does, he's damned if he doesn't. Have you stopped to think China's contributions are hugely applicable to the seal slaughter without jumping to some f***ing private agenda conclusion? There was a big article written about their impact over six months ago. Is that how you conduct your affairs to spot it?

Haze/Sullen is one of the most intelligent and educated persons I have met in the last ten years. Dumbass? Hardly. Can you construct a retort without resorting to using a lazy ad hominem? Serious question.

Last edited:

I find it amazing that people on here are so offended by so called 'fat shaming' yet oblivious to the fact that Morrissey loves to shame fat people and does so with great abandon in Autobiography. I guess he is beyond reproach? The Dear Leader can do no wrong?

A really good yes-man says yes before he's even heard the question.

I find it amazing that people on here are so offended by so called 'fat shaming' yet oblivious to the fact that Morrissey loves to shame fat people and does so with great abandon in Autobiography. I guess he is beyond reproach? The Dear Leader can do no wrong?

Thank you for prompting another rerun of Brummie's "cult leader" rhetoric. Those who've not visited the site in recent months may have only read it a few hundred times before.

And as I never tire of pointing out: being a "sycophant" (to misuse the word as you always do) for a major artist is a hell of a lot less embarrassing than being a sycophant (correct usage, as sycophancy requires interaction with the object of admiration) for some dipshits who post on an internet forum.

Re: A really good yes-man says yes before he's even heard the question.

Thank you for prompting another rerun of Brummie's "cult leader" rhetoric. Those who've not visited the site in recent months may have only read it a few hundred times before.

And as I never tire of pointing out: being a "sycophant" (to misuse the word as you always do) for a major artist is a hell of a lot less embarrassing than being a sycophant (correct usage, as sycophancy requires interaction with the object of admiration) for some dipshits who post on an internet forum.
Please explain how Jehne's post is evidence of her being a sycophant.
Why don't you register so we know who bestowing their wisdom upon us?

Please explain how Jehne's post is evidence of her being a sycophant.
Why don't you register so we know who bestowing their wisdom upon us?

One Word: Morrithey. Search the name. That will tell you all you need to know.

13981909631_11d3472af3_b.jpg

Or read this post. One of his many user names...

13981909931_514aa456e4_b.jpg

PT hates me because my ex posted his address in the chatroom back in 2005 after he had posted our details there, contacted my ex's employer, and sent hate mail to our family members. He hates David because David allows 'fat shaming' on Solo. He wants censorship for others but not for himself. Why am I not surprised?

Pet Troll/Morrithey wanted me to think he was TBT, Viva, and Dave. Why did I not think it was Morrithey from the beginning? Because Occam's Razor. Think the obvious and simplest explanation first. Who didn't seem to like me on Solo? Who was smart enough to pull it off? Who had a motive? Who had I interacted with lately? What I forgot was that the person who had the biggest motive of all was the biggest troll in the history of Solo, who also is highly educated and intelligent and has a degree in IT. All the elements were right there.

Cat and mouse game is up. He wanted it to be up, I think. He was posting clues in the site suggestions forum.

Mystery Solved. He can continue to harass, stalk, and follow me around the forums. But now that I know who it is... and even have a real life name to go with this person, he has lost his power. He really is my PET Troll now, literally.

Well, one thing we know for certain is that Pet Troll is gay. Not that there is anything wrong with being gay, of course. But he seems to have issues with 'gay shaming'. I wonder if he is in the closet about his sexual orientation IRL, like he is in the closet about his 'identity' here? Seems to be a man who likes to live in the shadows.

Last edited:

PT hates me because my ex posted his address in the chatroom back in 2005 after he had posed our details there, contacted my ex's employer, and sent hate mail to our family members. He hates David because David allows 'fat shaming' on Solo. He wants censorship for others but not for himself. Why am I not surprised?

Pet Troll/Morrithey wanted me to think he was TBT, Viva, and Dave. Why did I not think it was Morrithey form the beginning? Because Occam's Razor. Think the obvious and simplest explanation first. Who didn't seem to like me on Solo? Who was smart enough to pull it off? Who had a motive? Who had I interacted with lately? What I forgot was that the person who had the biggest motive of all was the biggest troll in the history of Solo, who also is highly educated and intelligent and has a degree in IT. All the elements were right there.

Cat and mouse game is up. He wanted it to be up, I think. He was posting clues in the site suggestions forum.

Mystery Solved. He can continue to harass, stalk, and follow me around the forums. But now that I know who it is... and even have a real life name to go wit this person, he has lost his power. He really is my PET Troll now, literally.

Well, one thing we know for certain is that Pet Troll is gay. Not that there is anything wrong with being gay, of course. But he seems to have issues with 'gay shaming'. I wonder if he is in the closet about his sexual orientation IRL, like he is in the closet about his 'identity' here? Seems to be a man who likes to live in the shadows.

:lbf:

Beep! Wrong. FBE
I have 10,000 posts. I don't care how great one's search skills are. Those posts were either bookmarked or the guy spent hours rounding them up. Either way, it points to an unhealthy obsession.
So, even if it took less than an hour to craft that post, how creepy is it that someone is motivated to do that in the first place? It's odd behavior to say the least. And suggests the guy has an unhealthy obsession and an ax to grind. It is not normal.
I have better things to do than obsess over some poster on a forum. Clearly, he doesn't.
You sound butthurt. Try some Neosporin.

PT hates me because my ex posted his address in the chatroom back in 2005 after he had posted our details there, contacted my ex's employer, and sent hate mail to our family members. He hates David because David allows 'fat shaming' on Solo. He wants censorship for others but not for himself. Why am I not surprised?

Pet Troll/Morrithey wanted me to think he was TBT, Viva, and Dave. Why did I not think it was Morrithey form the beginning? Because Occam's Razor. Think the obvious and simplest explanation first. Who didn't seem to like me on Solo? Who was smart enough to pull it off? Who had a motive? Who had I interacted with lately? What I forgot was that the person who had the biggest motive of all was the biggest troll in the history of Solo, who also is highly educated and intelligent and has a degree in IT. All the elements were right there.

Mystery Solved. He can continue to harass, stalk, and follow me around the forums. But now that I know who it is... and even have a real life name to go wit this person, he has lost his power. He really is my PET Troll now, literally.

Can we talk about seals and not all your f***ing stalker fantasy drama?

Back
Top Bottom