"This sorrowful Canada" - Morrissey statement on true-to-you.net

I really wish he'd stop with the eyeroll-inducing "PLACE YOURSELF AMONG THEM" emotional appeals. He's capable of putting forward a strong argument without them, so I'm not sure why he feels the need.

Kewpie, there's a lot of things I shouldn't do.
But seriously, don't you think there are bigger issues on the forums than the comment I just made to you- as a JOKE?

I do not trust some US users who registered in 2006 - 2009.
They formed a gang and constantly attempted to trip me up in 2007 - 2009.

I do not take your post as a joke, and I will never be your friend.

Hmmm...ummmm....ok.
I didn't think friendship was ever on the table, but thanks for making it crystal clear.

tampon-on-orange-background.jpg

Here we go again (yawn).
They only kill them in order to keep the Tosser from turning up with his karaoke backing band playing all the golden oldies again and again and again.

Benny-the-British-Butcher

REASON # 11 for Show Cancellation:

There's a Canadian in the Crowd

The slaughter of seals in Canada is a sorry tale of ecological vandalism by humans:

These are sentient individuals, not a monolithic object to vandalise. Beyond the damage to the larger ecosystem this is just yet again another case of humans inflicting unnecessary suffering on other species. File with farmed animals, exploited for their secretions and flesh.

Really Moz? Istanbul, Turkey is on your record? What did Armenians do to piss you off? Or is our meat more palatable? You ignorant shit. Proud Canadian and cull activist...not that your royal blood a$$ would ever ask

Anti-Christian....go to Turkey and play for them despite the fact that Armenians defended your faith for centuries. You are one ignorant has-been

Really Moz? Istanbul, Turkey is on your record? What did Armenians do to piss you off? Or is our meat more palatable? You ignorant shit. Proud Canadian and cull activist...not that your royal blood a$$ would ever ask

Anti-Cull activist...sorry, just got really pissed off. Can't wait to illegally download and seed your album Moz.

Well, at least Johnny still visits and plays better and sings damn near close. Overall, a better experience. No wonder your Boyfriend dumped you Molly.

I'd like all Canadians, like me, to express their distress towards the cull. And to send Molly emails as to what other countries do. See, Molly has been out of school for a long time and the only news he gets is through half-read outdated newspapers at all-male peep shows. Or female...doesn't matter. But Molly doesn't see that China, your new friend that you recently coined as sub-species, eat cats and dogs (look up China labrador retrievers..its a type of dog..from..oups...Canada). So, in nations that eat foie-gras (France? Paris? A song of yours) and hunt for everything from Fox, Deer, Seals, Dolphins....don't make this about the people of those nations. I have never tasted seal. The First Nations of North America have and it was their right. Whole Foods was not around then. So, Molly, give it a rest. This $hit is so boring. If any good artists remain..please steal the Solomon brothers from this Thing that , after all these years, presumes to know best for everybody

Nobody light any matches around here -- all the straw men will go up in flames.
Succinct and quite a reasonable observation.
A general point:
Trying to rationalise someone's irrationality is rather futile.
Some people change their views/opinions/politics daily/weekly/yearly.
Not obeying other people's perceived 'rules' of debate, consistency, ethics and the such is his perogative as a human being. Everyone does it at some point.
People being exasperated by his behaviour are possibly showing more about their functioning than Morrissey's.
I quite like his lyrics & music - his labelling by others doesn't diminish his body of work to my ears.
What opinions issue forth from his mouth/website would never exhert that much control over me that I would have to become irate trying to tell him or a 'fan' website how wrong he was continually.
There are many artists that make great music, but are not so great outside the boundaries of their art. Perhaps, this 'infuriating' person is one of them?
No amount of words here will ever change the situation.
I must off, got to go polish my Morrissey shrine.
Regards,
FWD

Succinct and quite a reasonable observation.
A general point:
Trying to rationalise someone's irrationality is rather futile.
Some people change their views/opinions/politics daily/weekly/yearly.
Not obeying other people's perceived 'rules' of debate, consistency, ethics and the such is his perogative as a human being. Everyone does it at some point.
People being exasperated by his behaviour are possibly showing more about their functioning than Morrissey's.
I quite like his lyrics & music - his labelling by others doesn't diminish his body of work to my ears.
What opinions issue forth from his mouth/website would never exhert that much control over me that I would have to become irate trying to tell him or a 'fan' website how wrong he was continually.
There are many artists that make great music, but are not so great outside the boundaries of their art. Perhaps, this 'infuriating' person is one of them?
No amount of words here will ever change the situation.
I must off, got to go polish my Morrissey shrine.
Regards,
FWD

I could be wrong but I think King Leer's straw man reference was directed at the people saying, "Well what about dolphins. Well what about Turkey. Well what about..." Those are straw men.

I could be wrong but I think King Leer's straw man reference was directed at the people saying, "Well what about dolphins. Well what about Turkey. Well what about..." Those are straw men.

Thanks CG,
I got the point, but used it to vent my own spleen.
It's the same kind of logic underpinning things loosely.
Perhaps my 2nd bottle of wine at 5.20am doesn't help...
That is something I will not blame Canada for.
Kind regards,
FWD

Yes to what CG wrote, yes to what you wrote.

Remember when the only straw angry fans would grasp for was Morrissey's leather shoes? Sigh...I miss those days.

Thanks CG,
I got the point, but used it to vent my own spleen.
It's the same kind of logic underpinning things loosely.
Perhaps my 2nd bottle of wine at 5.20am doesn't help...
That is something I will not blame Canada for.
Kind regards,
FWD

Morrissey you should look not only at PETA, but also on petition sites as www.causes.
www.avaaz. etc.

Canada is just 2% of animal abuse compared to China

and Japan keeps on killing whales even if they told not for lab tests by court.

So if you make a statement make sure you're up to worldwide animalabuse, and not keep
on kicking Canada.

'and they say he's mentalli' ... believe me, I signed on 'causes' already over 200 petitions [not only animal abuse to be honoust]....

I owlie zee ziz wons

Last edited:
Yet he stays silent regarding the annual Taiji dolphin slaughter that goes on for 6 mos out of every year?

At least he's learned a little about p.r. since his last press release concerning animal rights "Canada is a beautiful country, and the people of Canada are good people". Stops the media from chanting 'racist, racist' at him.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom