this site is so hypocrtical

Re: The positivity on this site is terrible

I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

I'm not doing any dates no. If you need pub ideas for York shoot me a text. We also need a s&g night soon for a catch up and kick it old school.

Re: The negativity on this site is terrible

@ GwtT

alol I obv didn't mean to say that my (or anybody else's) ~truth~ is the absolute truth or anything like that. I like to keep things short & that's why I didn't go into detail n shit... basically, I was trying to say that people should speak their mind & be honest about how they feel about these new songs (& everything else) w/o feeling like they're being "negative" towards Moz. This IS a Morrissey site for Morrissey fans, but that doesn't mean we have to agree with everything he says/does, or like everything he puts out for us to listen to. Ya know?? Constructive criticism can be the best way to help a person better themselves.<3

Of course, yes. That little rant wasn't really specifically aimed at you, by the way; it was just a general criticism of people who genuinely do think that way (confusing 'truth' with opinion is one of my pet hates and something I get a bit obsessive about). It's all semantics with me. :p

I feel a nervousness rather than an excitement about the setlist also. Southpaw would be excellent, and is THE song I want him to play before he hangs up the plastic bellend.

Thanks, I just spat water all over my jeans. :lbf:

Morrissey needs to take a reality check. His current output is poor and he needs to up his game. He really is trading on past glories.

I remember the new Quarry songs being slated here when they were first performed live...

I don't remember that at all. I remember us all thinking he'd have a number 1 if he released first the gang as a single, I remember thinking mexico was ace (I hate the studio version) and I remember thinking irish blood was brilliant live too. I just can't get into these new songs and I don't think it is a good sign at all. Morrissey is a old fashion bugger who probably picked his best stuff for this as he sees a radio session as a really important piece of promotion, look at the past, the smiths did some of their best work in sessions.

I still love Morrisseys voice and although his lyrics tend to go over old themes and don't chime with me like they did in the past, I can forgive him for this. What he needs to realise is that he needs some new guitarists and songwriting partners, he has been too loyal to average musicians for too long.

People pay a lot of money for CDs, tickets, etc so they're entitled to an opinion, tbf.

Trash? Really? What are you, his drill sargaent?

I support constructive criticism and disdain shit stirring. That is all.

I don't see this as shit-stirring; I see it as honest. Morrissey isn't a six-year old kid who scribbles a drawing and brings it to Mommy who then feels compelled to praise him as the next DaVinci and tape it to the fridge so the kid feels good. We don't owe him any synthetic accolades.

He has a right to put out whatever he wants, and we -as fans who have stuck with him for ages and who he depends on to buy the music- have a right to say it sucks...IF WE THINK IT DOES.

And we do.

I was practically in tears during the piano intro of Action Is My Middle Name.

The ten minutes that followed, however, ALSO put me in tears...for a different reason.

I would LOVE to be posting to the point of coronary arrest about how much I love the new songs and how great they are. But I feel the opposite, so I'll post accordingly.

I in no way begrudge you your right to like the new songs, or to claim you like the new songs. But if others say they think the songs are trash, why do you see that as shit-stirring?

While I do wish he would go off and produce some lush arrangements with Morricone or someone and pour his heart out, if that's not what he wants to do then so be it. I'd rather he did this music than try and force something he doesn't want to do. I quite like the new songs, would prefer more of a development but much prefer him staying natural to what he wants to do. People are talking as if Morrissey has some sort of duty to do what they want rather than what he wants. It's a shame it's not what most of us are looking for but it is what it is, take it or leave it. You don't have to listen.

I think this is an absurdly obtuse post.

Maybe he IS pouring his heart out on the new songs..and his heart simply doesn't have that much to say anymore. More and more I'm starting to resign myself to this being the case.

No one is implying we think he has a duty to us. We are simply disappointed with yet another batch of sub-par, bland, A-B-C cockrock from him. If we DID NOT think he was capable of better, we wouldn't complain. At least not as much.

I'm just glad that Morrissey is still out there SINGING.

He could also have quit... and even than people would be nagging.

Some people are NEVER happy.

Appreciate the myth/man while he lasts.

So basically you're saying...it is better to put out totally forgettable crap and become a laughable, watered-down self-parody than retire with dignity a legacy of music marked (for the most part) by heartbreaking, anthemic vocal melodies, phenomenal, one-of-a-kind lyrics, and uncompromising, unmitigated artistic vision?

Sorry, gotta disagree with you on that one.

I'd like to go back in time to the Australian radio interview from the Meat is Murder era where he tells the interviewer, "when I have to struggle and grasp for something to say, I think I'll probably stop then."

I'd let him know that 2011 is that time.

"The positivity on this site is terrible"

I don't think that's what you mean.

I'd like to go back in time to the Australian radio interview from the Meat is Murder era where he tells the interviewer, "when I have to struggle and grasp for something to say, I think I'll probably stop then."

I'd let him know that 2011 is that time.

2009 was that time! :lbf:

Well, he still saying something to me. I like the new songs - I find that in every song there is a moment where it just is beautiful. A particular phrasing, or the way he can emotionally sing a line that just makes me stop whatever I am doing and become lost for a moment.
What I object to is the constant being told "these are bad songs" and any form of positivity (or even admitting to liking the songs) is rejected as "worship".

Angel Band is a good song.

Dear Lord. Threads are still being merged into each other and shifted all around by the pathetic moderators.

YOU SUCK!

Tags
album hypocrite morrisey ringleaders the smiths
Back
Top Bottom