this site is so hypocrtical

Re: The negativity on this site is terrible

Sorry y'all, but Moz needs to hear ~the truth~ about his music from his fans.

But what is truth, and whose truth is it that the new songs are apparently so shit? Personal opinion is subjective, not an objective fact. It may be your truth, but it's certainly not everyone's, and therefore is in no way absolute or definitive.

Sorry I picked this apart so much and so literally, but it bugs me to see people proclaiming that just because they think something, it must be an all-encompassing truth.

Last edited:

But what is truth, and whose truth is it that the new songs are apparently so shit? Personal opinion is subjective not an objective fact. It may be your truth, but it's certainly not everyone's, and therefore is in no way absolute or definitive.

Sorry I picked this apart so much and so literally, but it bugs me to see people proclaiming that just because they think something, it must be an all-encompassing truth.

I agree with you. Truth is in the eye of the beholder. Especially when it comes to musical taste which is so very subjective.

I remember the new Quarry songs being slated here when they were first performed live...

This site is fast becoming a morrissey hate site,

all the negativity over the 3 new songs, lighten up, they are much better than any of the crap that is churned out as music today. Okay they may not be up to the high standards of Suedehead or Hand in Glove but they are much much better than the likes of Gaga

Whilst i quite like the new tracks, I gotta say that saying they're better than "any of the crap" out there is being pretty negative too. I quite like Gaga and whilst I would never in a million years put her above Moz, I'm still a fan. So surely if you can have a negative opinion about an artist then people here should be able to have a negative opinion about things Morrissey does. It would be pretty damn boring if we all just sat around taking turns saying nice things about everything over and over. Whether I agree or don't agree with people's views on these tracks it's still interesting to hear all sorts of views, from the people who love them to the people who hate them. There is obviously something about Morrissey that has brought everyone to this site, people who hate these songs obviously must have other very positive things to say about other Morrissey songs.
Just let it go and embrace the fact that everyone see's things differently.

Whilst i quite like the new tracks, I gotta say that saying they're better than "any of the crap" out there is being pretty negative too. I quite like Gaga and whilst I would never in a million years put her above Moz, I'm still a fan. So surely if you can have a negative opinion about an artist then people here should be able to have a negative opinion about things Morrissey does. It would be pretty damn boring if we all just sat around taking turns saying nice things about everything over and over. Whether I agree or don't agree with people's views on these tracks it's still interesting to hear all sorts of views, from the people who love them to the people who hate them. There is obviously something about Morrissey that has brought everyone to this site, people who hate these songs obviously must have other very positive things to say about other Morrissey songs.
Just let it go and embrace the fact that everyone see's things differently.

Sound logic. You've been missed Pokey. Stick around.

But what is truth, and whose truth is it that the new songs are apparently so shit? Personal opinion is subjective, not an objective fact. It may be your truth, but it's certainly not everyone's, and therefore is in no way absolute or definitive.

This this this.

My view is that Morrissey has written some decent stuff since 2004 and some less than decent stuff. Personally that side of it doesnt really bother me. You can choose to listen to it or not bother. I almost decided to stop going to concerts after the Liverpool debacle in 2009. The setlist choice in recent years has been mediocre with the overplaying of First of the Gang to Die, How Soon is Now etc... I thought that I would give him another go on this tour due to him having no record deal (2002 in my view was his best tour). I dont mind him playing 2 or 3 new songs in his set but I really dont want to hear those two again and 6 or 7 from Refusal. Surely 2 from each period of Morrisseys career would be better. Fingers Crossed

do have to agree with you, he cant keep churning out the same stuff on tours. if that awful rendition of TCM has managed to still be in the setlist in perth tonight, i will be depressed. Pretty nervous about finding out what he plays really as it will be good indication of what happens throughout the tour, fingers + toes crossed indeed

I'm just glad that Morrissey is still out there SINGING.

He could also have quit... and even than people would be nagging.

Some people are NEVER happy.

Appreciate the myth/man while he lasts.

@ GwtT

alol I obv didn't mean to say that my (or anybody else's) ~truth~ is the absolute truth or anything like that. I like to keep things short & that's why I didn't go into detail n shit... basically, I was trying to say that people should speak their mind & be honest about how they feel about these new songs (& everything else) w/o feeling like they're being "negative" towards Moz. This IS a Morrissey site for Morrissey fans, but that doesn't mean we have to agree with everything he says/does, or like everything he puts out for us to listen to. Ya know?? Constructive criticism can be the best way to help a person better themselves.<3

do have to agree with you, he cant keep churning out the same stuff on tours. if that awful rendition of TCM has managed to still be in the setlist in perth tonight, i will be depressed. Pretty nervous about finding out what he plays really as it will be good indication of what happens throughout the tour, fingers + toes crossed indeed

I feel a nervousness rather than an excitement about the setlist also. Southpaw would be excellent, and is THE song I want him to play before he hangs up the plastic bellend.

I'm with !Viva Hate!, I left solo for 2 years after a lack of interesting contribution stifled by borderline religious worship of the man, and over obsessive moderation of the board. I came back as this was an opportunity to see what has been happening with Morrissey, musically yet less lyrically for me since YOR. With a low bar set, he jumped under it in my opinion. And that's what counts in my post, it is my opinion. Negativity breeds debate and progress. Why do you have political parties for example, that have different viewpoints on how to improve a country or a state?

Some will like the new tracks, fair enough, that's there opinion. But I'm not having someone ask why I am here with a negative view of his material or him as a person. People will agree with my opinion, some people will disagree with Ben Budd's opinion, isn't that the whole purpose of a 'forum'?

fo·rum (fôrm, fr-)
n. pl. fo·rums also fo·ra (fôr, fr)
a. The public square or marketplace of an ancient Roman city that was the assembly place for judicial activity and public business.
b. A public meeting place for open discussion.
c. A medium for open discussion or voicing of ideas, such as a newspaper, a radio or television program, or a website.

2. A public meeting or presentation involving a discussion usually among experts and often including audience participation.

3. A court of law; a tribunal.

The positivity on this site is terrible

Come on, those tracks are terrible. Morrissey is a money grabbing spinster on the way to passing for free bus travel in the Manchester area, Jesse Tobias plays the guitar like he has clam hands. I'll let the positive factor that we have a new trumpet player in the ranks pass.

It's as if some people on here would suck a wet fart out of Morrissey's arse.

Don't some of you have ears?!?:crazy:

:thumb:

Re: The positivity on this site is terrible

:lbf: that's going to go down well..

I feel a nervousness rather than an excitement about the setlist also. Southpaw would be excellent, and is THE song I want him to play before he hangs up the plastic bellend.

I'm with !Viva Hate!, I left solo for 2 years after a lack of interesting contribution stifled by borderline religious worship of the man, and over obsessive moderation of the board. I came back as this was an opportunity to see what has been happening with Morrissey, musically yet less lyrically for me since YOR. With a low bar set, he jumped under it in my opinion. And that's what counts in my post, it is my opinion. Negativity breeds debate and progress. Why do you have political parties for example, that have different viewpoints on how to improve a country or a state?

Some will like the new tracks, fair enough, that's there opinion. But I'm not having someone ask why I am here with a negative view of his material or him as a person. People will agree with my opinion, some people will disagree with Ben Budd's opinion, isn't that the whole purpose of a 'forum'?

fo·rum (fôrm, fr-)
n. pl. fo·rums also fo·ra (fôr, fr)
a. The public square or marketplace of an ancient Roman city that was the assembly place for judicial activity and public business.
b. A public meeting place for open discussion.
c. A medium for open discussion or voicing of ideas, such as a newspaper, a radio or television program, or a website.

2. A public meeting or presentation involving a discussion usually among experts and often including audience participation.

3. A court of law; a tribunal.

Ultimately, it's all a question of taste - like red blazers. :)

Excellent work Deano. Can we be friends again?

Possibly Ben, as long as we don't discuss football! Are you going to any of the dates? I'm rolling into your home town in 10 days time.

And the blind worship from you, and others, for all the years you've been here is just plain sad. Why are you here if all you do is kiss his ass? How many times can you compliment the same things over and over again and fawn over his hair? Evidently as many times as I can bash them...so your point is what? You don't like what I have to say, and others who agree that his musical output for the last 5 years has been shit, so you want me gone? What world do you live in where things work that way? Fantasy Land?! Get over yourself and deal with it...

You know you love his hair, Daniel!

Tags
album hypocrite morrisey ringleaders the smiths
Back
Top Bottom