"This Is Morrissey" vinyl released today (Aug. 31, 2018); also: US CD, streaming services

Advert with Russian text:
20180831_142124.jpg
20180831_142505.jpg

The promotional advert (clue in the name) is still available on FB official page, but some marketing genius has limited the audience.
https://lnk.to/ThisIsMorrissey2018FP
(Link resolves to a digital portal for Apple Music, Deezer & Google Play).

Not so much a 'release' in the US, but Amazon and indie stockists are supplying the vinyl as an import:

Kaos:
20180831_140252.jpg

Amazon:
20180831_141537.jpg

Amazon, despite still using the Sire cover have added a picture of the back of the record which is the Parlaphone version - the picture isn't brilliant, but the French liner notes can be made out:
51bTOkDtKTL._SL1500_.jpg

(They also have the CD now tagged as 'UK edition').

So, it looks like all vinyl buyers gets the 13 track version.
To help collectors, does anyone have a different version?
Regards,
FWD.

Related item:

Last edited:
Got mine in the mail from Best Buy a day early (yesterday). Love the cover! Gonna give it a spin tonight after work with a cold beer.

Mods: I can find no evidence of a US cd release today - it is the same CD that has been available in the UK since the UK release? The indie shops certainly haven't showed any yet.
FWD.

Last edited:
Mods: I can find no evidence of a US cd release today - it is the same CD that has been available in the UK since the UK release.
FWD.

The Amazon link I click on (US) now has the audio CD for $4.99 and the associated image/track listing is the 10 song version.

Product details
  • Audio CD (August 31, 2018)
  • Number of Discs: 1
  • Label: Flashback Warner Bros.
  • ASIN: B07FGT6X9D

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
I actually picked this up at Barnes & Noble here in Chicago 2 days ago, interesting.

I think we can all agree this is the worst ever Morrissey compilation. A money grab. Half the tracks are shit and the album cover is a big yawn.

The Amazon link I click on (US) now has the audio CD for $4.99 and the associated image/track listing is the 10 song version.

Product details
Thanks David, it appears to be a localisation issue as the cheaper one doesn't show to me. Have seen it now though. It will be interesting to see images of this product as it will be the only thing released that differs from everything else (excluding individual country's curios that sometimes get made).
Regards,
FWD.

Product details

An Amazon "Add-on" item. How sad.

Attachments

• ad on.JPG
    ad on.JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 0
I think we can all agree this is the worst ever Morrissey compilation. A money grab. Half the tracks are shit and the album cover is a big yawn.

I disagree vehemently, Morrissey looks great on the album cover! (agree with you on the rest....)

I suppose this might be worth it simply for the studio version of "Jack the Ripper". (That is the case, correct? It's the elusive studio version?)

CD releases so far: Europe, Australia, Argentina and Brazil.

I suppose this might be worth it simply for the studio version of "Jack the Ripper". (That is the case, correct? It's the elusive studio version?)
Indeed.
Regards,
FWD.

:)

Can’t get over this beautiful cover photo and
wonderful retro layout. And as always, another compilation is another opportunity for a new generation to hear the unique genius that is....

MORRISSEY !

:D:D:D:D :rock:

The same studio version that is the b-side to Certain People I Know? If so, if hardly call it elusive. You can still get original release of Certain People I Know in all formats, plus you can buy the CD Singles: 91 - 95 boxset, which contains Jack the Ripper, as well as the later condensed re-release of said boxset in the format of Singles 88 - 95.

Wtf, why that fb post on russian, or something wrong with my fb settings?o_O

What a collausal waste of resources. This is simply mor rubbish for the bargain and recycle bins. 3 good tunes on the album. Everybody who's interested already has them in mumtiple formats.

Another vulgar picture from the KING of money-grubbing has-been twats.

Tags
this is morrissey info

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom